farrer league 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the latest ? Does anyone think there is any chance of ewk getting beaten ? They look miles ahead , we ll see how good they are when they play the rock at the Rock soon it'll be there biggest challenge yet but I still think they can go the season undefeated , too many good players and too much depth , I think North may just be the suprise packet to play them in the grand final , a young quick team on Robbo and maher ovals during finals definatly enhances there chances !...
What's everyone's pick for the league medal ?

No stopping the EWK train in my opinion. Like you said, miles ahead.
I still think they will play The Rock in the Grand final. But Temora are coming I think and Nth Wagga are smokeys too.
Coly, Jets and Marrar to fight for the final spot in the 5, all handy on their day, Jets probably the pick of the three but maybe didn't do enough early in the year to finish top 5. Marrar the worst of those 3 clubs, but still a chance of finals.
I think we'll done to CSU and Barellan, both have improved I believe. Unfortunate to hear about Overs possibly done for the year, that will devestate Barellan for the remainder if true.

End of home and away ladder prediction:

EWK
TRYC
Nth Wagga
Temora
Coly

Jets
Marrar
CSU
Barellan

EWK to beat The Rock in the GF, Temora to play in the prelim against The Rock but miss out.
Nth Wagga to be galant in the finals but will have to settle for gaining experience for the young blokes, although I really do rate them a chance still.
Coly to make up the numbers.

League best and fairest. Not really sure. But maybe a Hamblin from Nth Wagga, or Joe Scott in the guys at East Wagga, or Ben Absolum from East Wagga.
Smokeys. Jack Egan from CSU and Overs from Barellan, absolute standouts for their sides.

I think if Marrar can get there team fit and sneak in finals they can cause some havoc , I think the rock North wagga , coly , marrar , temora is really tight As we seen with temora on the weekend Beating the rock , I don't think u coly are what they were last year and only managed to go out in straight sets after nearly getting minor premiership . second grand final spot we'll be a tough battle !.. Maybe ewk will choke like last year you never no .. But at the moment the only thing that seems to be able to beat them is next years proposed salary cap or points system for players

I agree that Temora is coming hard. Whoever finishes 5th is just making up the numbers.
Interesting too see if that cap stuff gets across the line. Hard to control money, but player points is more achievable, encourages players to stay at one club and to keep juniors or get juniors back.

It seems it would help out the teams like barellan jets and temora North wagga with decent junior Bases but what about marrar csu and the rock with none at al how are they supposed to get rewarded for keeping juniors if they have none.

It seems it would help out the teams like barellan jets and temora North wagga with decent junior Bases but what about marrar csu and the rock with none at al how are they supposed to get rewarded for keeping juniors if they have none.

Valid point. Someone with a greater mind can work that one out.

Valid point. Someone with a greater mind can work that one out.

Just in my opinion I am tabling on here for debate - why not Merge the RFL and the Farrar Leagues and have a 10 /12 / or 14 team competition With the points system (similar to the Hume league)
Yes this may mean the merging of some clubs, and especially the clubs with no juniors could be a good idea, another option is to bring the junior league too and even age group (Auskick, u10, u12, u14, u16 and then you have u18s, Reserves and Seniors.)

Like to hear other opinions opinions.

I don't know why they made it 17s and took away 18s. A extra year before you have to play seniors , kids would leave a year earlier if there not going to play grade.. I don't no about the merger of clubs or comps once we start losing teams we ll never get them back and some towns need them to survive. Maybe bring the points system in like the Hume league does and what is everyone's thoughts on the team that gets the spoon in the rfl swaps with farrer premier. If your good enough to win Farrer you will survive in rfl

Love hearing these ideas of comp megers or relegations/promotions, means people are at least thinking about these comps still. I think the standard of Riverina and Farrer leagues has risen considerably over the past few years.
I like the idea of relegation/promotion between the leagues, may lose some rivalry but also start/reignite others.

Defs a fan of being back 18's (even junior age groups).

RE: Merging leagues.
Goodbye CSU (no big loss in my opinion)
Barellan back to Nth Riverina.
Maybe a Turvey Park surrender since they are currently struggling, players to feed out to other Wagga clubs.
That's down to 15 teams.
Another other culls are hard calls to make (all are hard anyway).
I know I still didn't solve any junior problem ie - The Rock.
Maybe marrar and coolamon sort something out/merge and get a junior base.
The rock and and mango merge create junior base, or the rock and collingullie merge to create junior base??

So many things to think about but love hearing of the ideas.

Relegation/promotion, maybe a play off between premiers and wooden spooner (maybe 2nd and 2nd last as well) to decide if relegation/promotion occurs.

Write up in the daily advertiser with the Jets coach saying they can beat East Wagga in a couple weeks time.
Firstly he should just worry about getting the job done against CSU, no doubt they can (probably will) beat them, but they'd wanna be focused.
Secondly, he might have his team believing him some how, but I don't think anyone else would be thinking that.
East Wagga will go undefeated.

It's got to point with jets that they have to beat either North wagga it East wagga (or both ) plus csu and barellan to make finals so maybe there all geared up to snare a upset in one of those games , I can't see them doing it though . What are people's thoughts on probably the match of the season so far this weekend at the rock with East wagga ? Surely it's the best chance of East wagga not going through undefeated

I agree with you, tough ask for them to beat either of the Wagga sides.
And I agree again, The Rock at home against East Wagga is match of the round, and could well be the only time we see East Wagga drop one, don't think that will happen tho.
Couple other good games with Coly vs Marrar, both sides fighting for that 5th spot.
And Temora vs Nth Wagga, was a close one the first time they met, and I would not be surprised to see Temora get up here, especially on their home deck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North wagga v temora looks to be the game that will show us who is the real deal !... I think marrar will easily account for Coleambally they seemed to have lost the plot in the last 6 weeks

I think Nth Wagga and Temora are genuine chances, nth Wagga been getting it done all year pretty much, Temora getting better and better.

Only possible saving grace for Coly is that the game is at Coly, but even then, your right, they have lost the plot, really haven't done anything of note all year.

The rock showing they are still up there to challenge East Wagga. I personally still think they will go undefeated. But I'm also interested in the rise of Temora the second half of this season and how much trouble they can cause.

It's the Hawks to lose !... Maybe the big day may get the better of them again this year , that's probaly the only way this team gets beat this year , I find the bottom half of the top 5 interesting as temora and Marrar both full strength will be such a quality game , won't suprise me if êither are there in the final.

Got My top 10 for the clear medal while I'm at it
1 absolum (ewk)
2 hamblin (North)
3Yates (Tryc)
4 watt (North)
5 joe scott (ewk)
6 hagar (marrar)
7 Wallis (temora)
8 fisher (jets)
8 brierty (ewk)
9 m.ward (Tryc)
10 Egan (csu)

Last edited:
I'm not sold at all on marrar, but funny things can happen in finals, If they get there. And yep, East Waggas to lose.

I'll have a go at top 10 as well.

1. Hamblin (North)
2. Hagar (Marrar)
3. Yates (TRYC)
4. Brierty (EWK)
5. Overs (Barellan)
6. Watt (North)
7. Reid (Temora
8. Egan (CSU)
9. Fisher (Jets)
10. Absolum (EWK)

And possibly Block (Temora), Carrol or Kenna (Coly).

East Wagga still a cut above the rest I reckon, definitely theirs to lose.
The Rock even though they only played CSU are much better with that Meiselback in the side, not to mention Carey.
Temora to beat Colly this weekend coming and finish importantly in the top 3. I think they may well be their on the last weekend.
North Wagga lost their top 3 spot on the weekend with a disappointing loss to the Jets. Will battle hard in finals now.
Marrar will hold onto 5th spot I believe, but only percentage doing so, making up the numbers tho.
Jets to finish six with Barellan in their last game will look for some percentage, but a low percentage to keep them out of finals.
Colly disappointing year, wil finish 7th.
CSU could finish last if East Wagga gives them a royal touch up.
However, Barellan to finish last, don't see them gaining enough percentage or a win to jump up a spot.

2 massive games this weekend with 3rd and 5th spots on the line North wagga and marrar , I think North are way out of sorts so I'm tipping Marrar to get home and take 5th while i think coly will role temora at home but just won't be enough to get them in if marrar win . That'll mean the rock vs temora and North vs marrar round one of finals , interesting few games there.
Also seems absolum will miss first weeks of finals , this may just bring them back to the field a bit early in the final series

I still don't think marrar are any good really, but if the Jets can beat North Wagga comfortably then marrar may get the job done.
I don't think they need to worry, I reckon Temora will get up over Colly, Temora have been building very nicely.
So I think the top 5 will finish as is. With the Jets missing on percentage, followed by Colly.
CSU will avoid the spoon, just.
On the Absolum injury, don't think it'll impact East Wagga too much, have easily got the depth to cover it.

Brierty looks gone now too , surely not having them too hurts a lot now , there's a lot of pace missing now!
Can't believe marrar missed out , lots of injuries during the year hurt them , fully fit they have a top 3 roster

Two good midfielders, will definitely hurt East Wagga, however, no doubts they have to depth to cover their losses. Still easy favourites to take out the flag.
Can't believe marrar didn't make it, but only in the fact that colly won.
Jets tried hard to make up percentage.
Well done colly, I didn't pick them to win.
CSU lucky to escape without the wooden spoon after their thrashing.
Barellen needed to produce a bit more to avoid the spoon.

Winners this week for me will be The Rock over nth Wagga easily.
Temora to bounce back, although I expect it to be close and colly have already proved me wrong over the weekend and could well do so again.

The Rock vs East Wagga, can't wait!! East Wagga to win for me but who knows, pressure will be right up now.

Colly have somewhat come good the past few weeks and are still in the hunt. Two completely different sides with Nth Wagga vs Colly, should be interesting, I am going to get on Colly here but flip a coin don't really know.

North have won against both times this year , but taking last weeks loss into colys good form in the last month they might just get them , coly didn't seem to like the big grounds in the finals last year so will have to see , if karlberg is out it'll hurt North big time !.. East wagga and the rock is going to be a cracker it'll be a goal either way I reckon . Carey vs geppert to be another classic to watch they'll kick 8+each

Remove this Banner Ad

Back