Rumour Fas was rumoured to be heading back to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Get off your high horse mate! If he does request a trade it will most certainly be used as an excuse, and as a result, we will get shafted in the trade.
I am at least with you on the shafting bit. If the trade offer is not commensurate with Fasolo's talent and output, we let him go to WA but not to an AFL team. If it's important for his depression to be with his family, then so be it, we let him go. Beyond that the trade should be treated just like any other - in fact, I would want a much better outcome than we got for Cloke, Williams or Witts.

Maybe don't have a crack at me for no reason?

My bad. I just get a lil upset when people talk like they know depression.

Have you ever been through depression? I have. I'm still depressed. Probably have it the rest of my life. It consumes you and destroys your Constitution.
You will do anything to be happy.

For Fas, if this means moving back to the place where he grew up then so be it.

Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt on this one mate.

My bad. I just get a lil upset when people talk like they know depression.

Have you ever been through depression? I have. I'm still depressed. Probably have it the rest of my life. It consumes you and destroys your Constitution.
You will do anything to be happy.

For Fas, if this means moving back to the place where he grew up then so be it.

Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt on this one mate.
I understand that this issue is very personal for people and can generate strong feelings. I don't know Fas and I don't know what he is, or has, been through. All I am saying is that I am not surprised (if this rumour is true) that he is requesting a trade. I said at the time his depression was announced that he would request a trade, which some posters shot me down for. Low and behold, here we are. It's disappointing and I can't help but feel sceptical.

I understand that this issue is very personal for people and can generate strong feelings. I don't know Fas and I don't know what he is, or has, been through. All I am saying is that I am not surprised (if this rumour is true) that he is requesting a trade. I said at the time his depression was announced that he would request a trade, which some posters shot me down for. Low and behold, here we are. It's disappointing and I can't help but feel sceptical.
Two players in two years wishing to return home to be with family on mental health grounds is a bit of a concern. I understand your scepticism but I don't know anything about Fasolo's personal issues, and would not dare suggest that his depression is not genuine. Matt Rendell was shot down in flames for his view on the recruitment of indigenous players from outback areas. Personally, I thought he was just being pragmatic. We are worried each year about one out of contract player or another succumbing to the go home factor - Scharenberg, Grundy or Broomhead to name a few. Maybe our recruiters should concentrate on home grown players if for no other reason than to lower our stress levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then we do a McCarthy and he takes a year off........works for me.

That doesn't sit well with me.... I'd say football is part of his well being. Thank him for his service and get him home playing footy...

The go home factor is the very reason why I'd rather the pies predominantly draft Victorian...

Wasnt the first and won't be the last time we lose a good player to the go home factor

That doesn't sit well with me.... I'd say football is part of his well being. Thank him for his service and get him home playing footy...

The go home factor is the very reason why I'd rather the pies predominantly draft Victorian...

Wasnt the first and won't be the last time we lose a good player to the go home factor
The draft pool is just too small now with 18 teams.

I like watching Fasolo play his footy and would happily have him at the Eagles.

However, with Rioli a good chance to crack our 22 next year and (according to rumours) us being keen on Liam Ryan in the draft this year, I don't think we'd be offering too much. Maybe a second rounder with you upgrading a later pick or a third outright.

You'd probably say no to that, understandably. Freo with Balic may be a better bet, the kid looks promising.

A persons mental health and well being are at stake and posters are getting pissy about what we'll get for him in a trade.

Honestly some here need to get some ******* perspective.

A persons mental health and well being are at stake and posters are getting pissy about what we'll get for him in a trade.

Honestly some here need to get some ******* perspective.

Let's let him go for a fourth round pick then. Just get him home.

I like watching Fasolo play his footy and would happily have him at the Eagles.

However, with Rioli a good chance to crack our 22 next year and (according to rumours) us being keen on Liam Ryan in the draft this year, I don't think we'd be offering too much. Maybe a second rounder with you upgrading a later pick or a third outright.

You'd probably say no to that, understandably. Freo with Balic may be a better bet, the kid looks promising.
Your second with nothing else coming back your way would be close to the mark and that would be a very good deal for you. He'd walk in to your 22 as a ready made replacement for Lecras.

Your second with nothing else coming back your way would be close to the mark and that would be a very good deal for you. He'd walk in to your 22 as a ready made replacement for Lecras.
Yep, on face value I'd say that's fair.

Let's let him go for a fourth round pick then. Just get him home.
No I think it's a better idea to trash him for playing the 'depression card' and bitching about how we're going to get screwed in a trade he hasn't even requested yet.

No I think it's a better idea to trash him for playing the 'depression card' and bitching about how we're going to get screwed in a trade he hasn't even requested yet.

Please tell us what we can talk about Apex?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back