Rumour Fas was rumoured to be heading back to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

A persons mental health and well being are at stake and posters are getting pissy about what we'll get for him in a trade.

Honestly some here need to get some ******* perspective.
Apex I'm all for facilitating him returning to WA first and foremost for his mental health. The other side of the coin is that Collingwood is a business that turns over tens of millions of dollars every year, a large part of that is supporter $$$. We can't have players walking out the door for nothing. I'd be looking to offload our 2018 2nd round pick and Fasolo to Weagles for Darling (if he's gettable). Otherwise Fasolo for Balic and Dockers 2nd round pick in 2018.

Please tell us what we can talk about Apex?
I have no issue with you talking about a trade scenario involving Fasolo. I have an issue with you actively trashing his character.

Time for Freo to step up to the plate and pay overs as payback for the Chris Mayne deal. Not sure what they have but I want a pick in the late teens and nothing less and potentially some steak knives.

Come on Freo you owe us big time

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
It did cross my mind as this being part of the reason for Gubby to be so generous in the Mayne Deal. Maybe something was potentially in the pipelines last year.

I like watching Fasolo play his footy and would happily have him at the Eagles.

However, with Rioli a good chance to crack our 22 next year and (according to rumours) us being keen on Liam Ryan in the draft this year, I don't think we'd be offering too much. Maybe a second rounder with you upgrading a later pick or a third outright.

You'd probably say no to that, understandably. Freo with Balic may be a better bet, the kid looks promising.
I say no to you right now, but I am not as easily bent over as our list managers and recruiters. If you are 'not offering too much' then you don't get him.

I say no to you right now, but I am not as easily bent over as our list managers and recruiters. If you are 'not offering too much' then you don't get him.
That's fine mate; I'm just saying I don't think we'd offer too much as we wouldn't be too desperate.

But I'm just some online flog so I'm probably way off!

That's fine mate; I'm just saying I don't think we'd offer too much as we wouldn't be too desperate.

Is wanting Fasolo 'desperate'? I'd have thought he would be a class addition to a top 8 team. As for online flogs, I think we're all in that category. Doesn't mean you can't have an opinion.

Apex I'm all for facilitating him returning to WA first and foremost for his mental health. The other side of the coin is that Collingwood is a business that turns over tens of millions of dollars every year, a large part of that is supporter $$$. We can't have players walking out the door for nothing. I'd be looking to offload our 2018 2nd round pick and Fasolo to Weagles for Darling (if he's gettable). Otherwise Fasolo for Balic and Dockers 2nd round pick in 2018.
I agree we can't have him walk for nothing. But that's not a fait accompli even with depression. McCarthy cited mental health issues when he first requested a trade from GWS. Fremantle offered a very generous package of draft picks to GWS who turned them down. He was subsequently traded the next year for a pick upgrade after sitting out 12 months.

If either WA team are interested in Fasolo I believe we will be adequately compensated. Clubs aren't in the business of screwing each other over these days, and given Fas missed a grand total of 1 game this year with his issues (and came back looking much more relaxed) I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue for any club that wants him.

We may not get the typical overs that a contracted player would get, but whatever deal is struck will end up being fair value, I'm confident of that.

I have no issue with you talking about a trade scenario involving Fasolo. I have an issue with you actively trashing his character.

Is that like when you trashed Beams' character?

Is wanting Fasolo 'desperate'? I'd have thought he would be a class addition to a top 8 team. As for online flogs, I think we're all in that category. Doesn't mean you can't have an opinion.
You're misreading what I'm saying.

Fasolo is a fine player and would be a great addition to any list.

I'm just meaning that, even with Le Cras retiring, Rioli's likely promotion and Ryan on the radar means I doubt we'll be too generous in our offer here.

If we are, and we get him, I certainly wouldn't mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, that stuff you said about his 'calf' injury.
Oh, the stuff 'I' said.

Lol.

Fwiw, that's nothing to do with his character and everything to do with his extra curricular activities. And I had a family member come clean to me on that one too, although they denied it until he was already out of the club.

Keep reaching.

I know it's not in your hands but would you be open to a straight swap for Barrass?, you need a Le Cras replacement and we need a KPD - reckon that would be a win win

Oh, the stuff 'I' said.

Lol.

Fwiw, that's nothing to do with his character and everything to do with his extra curricular activities. And I had a family member come clean to me on that one too, although they denied it until he was already out of the club.

Keep reaching.
I think I get it now. It's OK for you to say that Beams wasn't injured and was on a drug strike because that's nothing to do with his character and you're always right anyway. But for me to express an element of scepticism over Fas' depression and the possibility it may be used to facilitate a trade is a disgusting violation of his character.

Got it now. Goodbye.

I know it's not in your hands but would you be open to a straight swap for Barrass?, you need a Le Cras replacement and we need a KPD - reckon that would be a win win
Barrass is worth a lot more than Fasolo. In my opinion, of course. He'd be one of the most valuable commodities on our list.

I agree we can't have him walk for nothing. But that's not a fait accompli even with depression. McCarthy cited mental health issues when he first requested a trade from GWS. Fremantle offered a very generous package of draft picks to GWS who turned them down. He was subsequently traded the next year for a pick upgrade after sitting out 12 months.

If either WA team are interested in Fasolo I believe we will be adequately compensated. Clubs aren't in the business of screwing each other over these days, and given Fas missed a grand total of 1 game this year with his issues (and came back looking much more relaxed) I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue for any club that wants him.

We may not get the typical overs that a contracted player would get, but whatever deal is struck will end up being fair value, I'm confident of that.

Do you think what GWS did was wrong Apex36?

Get it done at a price that suits us thanks as well as helps with his mental health. How many teams have players 2 yrs running wanting to return to WA on mental health grounds? Time for us to take care of our list needs and trade balance along with the needs of our soon to be ex-players.

At the end of the day it is just a sport, but as a supporter you'd hope that both Freo and WCE would be interested as to leverage bids.

Not sure what Marsh has to do with anything though. He didn't just go home on mental health grounds but effectively ended his career because of it.

You're misreading what I'm saying.

Fasolo is a fine player and would be a great addition to any list.

I'm just meaning that, even with Le Cras retiring, Rioli's likely promotion and Ryan on the radar means I doubt we'll be too generous in our offer here.

If we are, and we get him, I certainly wouldn't mind.
Liam Ryan as good as he is is unknown at AFL level, Rioli - do you mean Daniel from Richmond? If yes I'd say Faz and Daniel are pretty even with Faz having more experience with a few seasons of his best in him in fact I'd argue he'd be a better fit in the short term at least because of his experience and seems to lift for big games

I think I get it now. It's OK for you to say that Beams wasn't injured and was on a drug strike because that's nothing to do with his character and you're always right anyway. But for me to express an element of scepticism over Fas' depression and the possibility it may be used to facilitate a trade is a disgusting violation of his character.

Got it now. Goodbye.
Sorry I forgot that stating a fact based on info acquired from a player's family member was the same as implying somebody is faking depression to get traded.

This place was a lot better when you were on a self imposed holiday.

Liam Ryan as good as he is is unknown at AFL level, Rioli - do you mean Daniel from Richmond? If yes I'd say Faz and Daniel are pretty even with Faz having more experience with a few seasons of his best in him in fact I'd argue he'd be a better fit in the short term at least because of his experience and seems to lift for big games
Willie, he needs to work off some pudding but he looks a natural and would be a good fit for a pocket at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back