Fascism, Despotism and the Rise of Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

the most enjoyable aspect of the whole shebang for me. Trump's got no credible opponent (lightweight conservative cardboard cut-outs at best).

I guffawed loudly at Trump's smackdown of Mitt Romney's feeble finger pointing nonsense

Gold!

Yes good point.
One things folks if you think Trump is a total dummy (as I did originally) do NOT be fooled. He's a lot smarter than I ever thought. As I've watched every debate (both sides) the improvement in Trumps knowledge and points is clear. He is prepping more than he'd ever admit.
Ok, when he talks trade or business, he sounds like he knows his stuff as he's on solid long term ground.
But the original bluster is a bit less with some detail now thrown in (ok he's not Condi on foreign policy, who is, but he's improved a bit).

Beware! The populist has tapped into something that it's become scary he could even get there.

As someone said one year ago and I didn't grasp it then:

Trump in 2016 is the Obama of 2008 except the media hate his guts.

Yes good point.
One things folks if you think Trump is a total dummy (as I did originally) do NOT be fooled. He's a lot smarter than I ever thought. As I've watched every debate (both sides) the improvement in Trumps knowledge and points is clear. He is prepping more than he'd ever admit.
Ok, when he talks trade or business, he sounds like he knows his stuff as he's on solid long term ground.
But the original bluster is a bit less with some detail now thrown in (ok he's not Condi on foreign policy, who is, but he's improved a bit).

Beware! The populist has tapped into something that it's become scary he could even get there.

As someone said one year ago and I didn't grasp it then:

Trump in 2016 is the Obama of 2008 except the media hate his guts.
That is discrediting Obama who at least had a clear vision and wanted to be president to make that vision happen as much as he could.
Trump on the other hand has no vision but wants to be president because he thinks millions of dollars in his bankaccount gives him that right to be

That is discrediting Obama who at least had a clear vision and wanted to be president to make that vision happen as much as he could.
Trump on the other hand has no vision but wants to be president because he thinks millions of dollars in his bankaccount gives him that right to be
Yes what you say is right.
I think the point of the comparison was more about being a phenomenon.
And the difference in the media handling of it.
They loved Obama, they hate Trump's guts.
Yes part of it is what you mention though another part is the right v left bias that can abound AND the media hate that they can't control him or guess what's happening next.

I'm not making judgment other than saying a comparison that was made a year ago that I didn't grasp then.

It's all bizarre.

Yes what you say is right.
I think the point of the comparison was more about being a phenomenon.
And the difference in the media handling of it.
They loved Obama, they hate Trump's guts.
Yes part of it is what you mention though another part is the right v left bias that can abound AND the media hate that they can't control him or guess what's happening next.

I'm not making judgment other than saying a comparison that was made a year ago that I didn't grasp then.

It's all bizarre.
Who don't hate Trump's guts? Those who don't value their right to vote and rather see a conman as president then someone with a vision.

Who don't hate Trump's guts? Those who don't value their right to vote and rather see a conman as president then someone with a vision.
But if the public thinks they are ALL conmen / conwomen then why wouldn't they go for someone who admits the whole system is a farce?

Not saying it's right, but I'm over thinking the voters are just dumb and I'm smart. The voters smell the malaise and are happy to try something else.
Like all politicians it will all end in tears.

But if the public thinks they are ALL conmen / conwomen then why wouldn't they go for someone who admits the whole system is a farce?

Not saying it's right, but I'm over thinking the voters are just dumb and I'm smart. The voters smell the malaise and are happy to try something else.
Like all politicians it will all end in tears.
I am not over it. Remember Churchill: 5 min with average voter is enough to turn one off democracy.
Trump is so fake, only in America would he have any creds.

No issue with us disagreeing on his political positioning
I maintain he is a fascist, has always been a fascist and at times he has tried to disguise it
I just assumed a rich loud mouth

Trump isn't a fascist, lmao. The media have already tried that slandering ad hominem s**t and it's not working, it's just childish and stupid. Stop it.

Trump isn't a fascist, lmao. The media have already tried that slandering ad hominem s**t and it's not working, it's just childish and stupid. Stop it.
Depends on how you define fascist. If you link it to neo nazi or far right than I agree, he is far from that.

I agree, he's just a monstrous, populist, racist, orange ******** who looks like chicken and inherited a fortune. 'Merica!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, he's just a monstrous, populist, racist, orange ******** who looks like chicken and inherited a fortune. 'Merica!
He may be a populist and he may have inherited a bucket load of money but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad person.

But he is not a racist, nor is he any of the other childish names you called him. :) It's okay, man. #VoteTrump. Shh, your tears only make him stronger.

trump - tears taste good.jpg

He may be a populist and he may have inherited a bucket load of money but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad person.

But he is not a racist, nor is he any of the other childish names you called him. :) It's okay, man. #VoteTrump. Shh, your tears only make him stronger.

View attachment 227387
And with that your credibility took a nosedive too. That good people want to vote for him doesn't make him a good person. He still remains a fake, narcissistic, abusive, opportunistic, spoiled bully .

Trump is a reflection of how poorly the political class fill the space. Its as true here as it is in the US.

Spicy, perhaps you can fill the void .... at least the Yanks don't have to vote !!

And with that your credibility took a nosedive too. That good people want to vote for him doesn't make him a good person. He still remains a fake, narcissistic, abusive, opportunistic, spoiled bully .
Predictable response. :rolleyes: You must be so fragile. Looks like the only thing taking a nosedive are your feelings. Have to be a bit controversial to get the country talking about taboo subjects. ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 227387

He's a greedy, self absorbed wannabe tyrant born with a silver spoon in his mouth who would step on his own mother to get what he wants with no political experience and has declared bankruptcy multiple times. Yep just the type you want in the Oval Office...

He's a greedy, self absorbed wannabe tyrant born with a silver spoon in his mouth who would step on his own mother to get what he wants with no political experience and has declared bankruptcy multiple times. Yep just the type you want in the Oval Office...
Trump has never personally filed for bankruptcy, you're seeing things. Unless you're referring to some of his corporations? Even then they're just a few failed business ventures out of hundreds and doesn't mean anything whatsoever lmfao. Your "bankruptcy" point is moot and just plain wrong.

Is Hillary a "greedy, self absorbed wannabe tyrant" for accepting millions and millions in political donations from wealthy billionaires and corporations and for accepting $100,000+ from universities & corporations for doing 1hr speeches? There needs to be consistency if we're going to be calling anyone who owns a large slosh of $$$ names.

Trump has been awesomely more successful than a vast majority of what these so-called politicians have shown in their entire careers.

Predictable response. :rolleyes: You must be so fragile. Looks like the only thing taking a nosedive are your feelings. Have to be a bit controversial to get the country talking about taboo subjects. ;)

That voters are selecting Trump ahead of those favoured by the rulers of the parties currently sharing power in the US is challenging for rusted on ideologues.

Trump has never personally filed for bankruptcy, you're seeing things. Unless you're referring to some of his corporations? Even then they're just a few failed business ventures out of hundreds and doesn't mean anything whatsoever lmfao. Your "bankruptcy" point is moot and just plain wrong.

Is Hillary a "greedy, self absorbed wannabe tyrant" for accepting millions and millions in political donations from wealthy billionaires and corporations and for accepting $100,000+ from universities & corporations for doing 1hr speeches? There needs to be consistency if we're going to be calling anyone who owns a large slosh of $$$ names.

Trump has been awesomely more successful than a vast majority of what these so-called politicians have shown in their entire careers.

Because the rest have been politicians most of their working lives whereas Trump has made an artform of stooging investors, lenders and governments. That he wants to build a wall between the US and Mexico shows how hopelessly out of touch he is. What is this, the new Berlin Wall or Great Wall of China? The Mexicans will just climb over it or dig underneath it. He's a peabrain.

Predictable response too. I can see why you like him.
No my feelings are not hurt. They took a bit of bashing when I heard the news of bombs in Belgium. Close to home factor and such. Makes you also realise how important it is to have some rational in the White House.
Speaking of feelings: His took a nose dive when someone mentioned his University approval ratings.

He is what he is and all the spin in the world can't change that.
But interesting last point. Apparently he is trying to get a debate going. Who would have thought after seeing him debating . Haven't seen much taboo subjects apart from the waterboarding which is ridiculous anyway. And he knows it but it pleases his ignorant voters base.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back