Politics Fascist takeover US 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the systems only just held on in 2020.

The point of project 2025 is for a trump government to replace all those people who were the guard rails in 2020 with blind loyalists who will do literally anything he says, no matter how illegal.
How much sway does project 2025 really have?

Well it is a combination of like 70 conservative groups and a lot of it is based on stuff Trump has actually said he wants to do.

Will they be successful? I don’t know, I sure as hell hope not. But even if they are partially successful, it could set wheels in motion to be fully successful later.

The fact that they even want this should be a dangerous red flag in itself. Instead of “nah can’t happen”.

As others have said, it’s the frog in the boiling water approach, since trump things previously unthinkable for a president or presidential nominee to say or do are now normalised. Claiming every election is rigged is now just seen as something the GOP do.

Now has it effected day to day life in Australia and the western world as yet? For most, no. But the MAGA movement has enabled weird nationalists/racists to feel more ok to be out in the open, such is the influence on America here and worldwide.

Well it is a combination of like 70 conservative groups and a lot of it is based on stuff Trump has actually said he wants to do.

Will they be successful? I don’t know, I sure as hell hope not. But even if they are partially successful, it could set wheels in motion to be fully successful later.

The fact that they even want this should be a dangerous red flag in itself. Instead of “nah can’t happen”.
I still think the risk (while real) is blown out of proportion. Project 2025 has a budget of $22 million while federal spending in the 2020 election was $14 billion.

As others have said, it’s the frog in the boiling water approach, since trump things previously unthinkable for a president or presidential nominee to say or do are now normalised. Claiming every election is rigged is now just seen as something the GOP do.

Now has it effected day to day life in Australia and the western world as yet? For most, no. But the MAGA movement has enabled weird nationalists/racists to feel more ok to be out in the open, such is the influence on America here and worldwide.
I agree with that.

I still think the risk (while real) is blown out of proportion. Project 2025 has a budget of $22 million while federal spending in the 2020 election was $14 billion.

I agree with that.

Well it’s overblown until it isn’t. The history of authoritarian or fascist takeovers is usually years of incremental planning, then things speed up.

If I told you in 2019 that there would be a riot at the capitol with a pro Trump mob chanting hang Mike pence, convinced the election was stolen from them, you’d have considered that hyperbole. Yet it happened.

How much sway do the Federalist Society and the Heritage Foundation have?
Fair enough. Is that something new though? Wouldn't conservative lobby groups work together for similar common goals at any time, including before 2016?

I see that Trump is a different kettle of fish to a career politician like Dubya and I agree he's more dangerous for a number of reasons including his willingness to form alliances with anyone who can help him get ahead.

Wouldn't these conservative groups pump more than a mere $22 million into project 2025 if they were serious about it?

Had a hunt around their website and they have a form you can sign up for:

Here are the questions on the intake form:

Would you like to be considered for a position in a future presidential Administration and participate in our trainings? Complete the questionnaire below and upload your resume for inclusion in the Presidential Personnel Database and to receive access to the Presidential Administration Academy.

Project 2025 is the effort of a broad coalition of conservative organizations that have come together to ensure a successful Administration begins in January 2025. With the right conservative policy recommendations and properly vetted and trained personnel to implement them, we will take back our government. Project 2025 is being organized by The Heritage Foundation.

To learn more about positions in the Executive Branch, please refer to the 2020 Plum Book. (side note: wtf is the Plum Book?)

Your use of this website, and any information you submit through it, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.

General

Title

Legal First Name

Legal Last Name

Email

Mobile Phone

Address Address Line 1

Address Line 2

City

State

Zip/Postal Code

Political and Philosophical Approach

Select the option(s) that best describe your political philosophy. (Drop-down menu options: Traditional Conservative Fiscal Conservative Libertarian Moderate Social Conservative Neoconservative Liberal Paleoconservative Progressive)

Please briefly explain your choice(s) of philosophy.
(Short answer text box)

Name one person, past or present, who has most influenced the development of your political philosophy.
(Short answer text box)

Name a book that has most significantly shaped your political philosophy, and please explain its influence on your thinking.
(Short answer text box)

Name one living public policy figure whom you greatly admire and why.
(Short answer text box)

Name the one public policy issue you are most passionate about. Why are you passionate about this issue and how would you like to see it addressed in the future?
(Short answer text box)

How did you hear about Project 2025? If Conference, Media appearance, or Other, please specify.
(Short answer text box)

Do you agree with the following statements?

The U.N. should have authority over the citizens or public policies of sovereign nations.
(Drop-down menu: Agree, Disagree, Neither Agree nor Disagree)

The U.S. has the right to select immigrants based on country of origin.

The education industry should be opened to increased competition through vouchers or tax credits for private schools.

Life has a right to legal protection from conception to natural death.

The permanent institutions of family and religion are foundational to American freedom and the common good.

Government should subsidize the use or production of energy, particularly for new and innovative energy technologies.

Union membership should be at the option of the employee, not a requirement for employment.

The federal government should guarantee a universal basic income.

The U.S. needs nationalized health care.

The U.S. should increase legal immigration.

The police in America are systemically racist.

We should be proud of our American heritage and history, even as we acknowledge our flaws.

The gender wage gap is the result of prejudice and discrimination.

The U.S. should scale back its strong military presence overseas.

In combatting censorship by Big Tech, we must look to more than just the free market.

The President should be able to advance his/her agenda through the bureaucracy without hinderance from unelected federal officials.

The federal government should recognize only two unchanging sexes, male and female, as a matter of policy.

The U.S. should impose tariffs with the goal of bringing back manufacturing jobs, even if these tariffs result in higher consumer prices.

Fair enough. Is that something new though? Wouldn't conservative lobby groups work together for similar common goals at any time, including before 2016?

I see that Trump is a different kettle of fish to a career politician like Dubya and I agree he's more dangerous for a number of reasons including his willingness to form alliances with anyone who can help him get ahead.

Wouldn't these conservative groups pump more than a mere $22 million into project 2025 if they were serious about it?

Yeah they could pump money into the $DJT meme stock, for example.

They did, look up Leonard Leo and the capture of the SCOTUS. I suggest Sen. Whitehouse floor speeches on the subject as a starter.
and handing over to Trump and the GOP their vetted court nominees for benches around the country.
There is a powerful, maybe more, mega-rich conservative cabal for want of a term that is actively working to shape the US political scene in their favor. You see the same names popping up connected to different instances of conservative politics.
How much of it is purely power and financial gain, or Christo-fascist type I can't say. But they are out there doing s**t.
I am fairly convinced they are intertwined with the dereg lobby, but these groups go beyond lobbying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back