Last edited:

4evablues

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
www.asos.com.au

I buy so much off there and there own brand seems to work for me and at great value. Risky the first couple of times until you get an understanding of sizes.

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
www.asos.com.au

I buy so much off there and there own brand seems to work for me and at great value. Risky the first couple of times until you get an understanding of sizes.

Another vote for asos. Also agree with the risky until you get an understanding of the sizes. They do have a no questions asked return policy though you have to pay for the return postage. Now I have the sizes sorted I do most of my clothes shopping on there.

Spent $315 and got 5 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of sunnies, 1 pair of shoes, 3 jumpers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
most of my stuff comes from:

oipolloi.co.uk
suitsupply.com
cultizm.com
mrporter.com
asos.com (though sometimes you get what you pay for)

Speck

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bought my first item off ASOS a month back, pair of shoes, very impressed. Would love to be able to buy more clothes but having a bit of a strange body shape it's hard to judge.

Did buy a pair of chinos off Ozsale, crazily slow shipping (a month from Sydney, like come on!) but for $30 inc postage compared to $80 in store I couldn't refuse.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
bump.

ASOS/the Iconic are the usual suspects. I generally alternate between Street/Smart casual attire. I only 'suit up' when entirely necessary, as I simply don't rate dressy attire as a 20 year old. Love my fashion, though. What brands/styles is everyone into at the mo?

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
mayhem-miller-tapout-t-shirt.jpg

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are white tees and light khaki shorts going to be worn 90% of the time by 90% of 17-25 year olds this summer?

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
what do you mean "this summer"? chuck on some wayfarers and it's the uniform.
Impossible to wear in winter. Unlike my home coastal WA town, shorts in the freezing winter is a (rightful) stain on any streetscape (like a Starbucks or Subway). In winter, there's a dozen Uniforms. In summer, there's seemingly only one. Is this peak cultural condensing (like how everyone apparently wore flannellys in 1995) or some kind of unifier, like how schools have uniforms so the richer kids can't show off their new Billabong jumper?

Summer in any Australian city is hot as *. You can almost only wear shorts and t-shirts. So everyone is forced to wear the one single uniform. The only point of differentiation is the sunnies (are yours deadstock vintage bro? How did you import Warby Parkers, I thought they only shipped to the US? My face isn't boxy nor round, do I go round or square?) and shoes (are we still doing Roshes? 574s look bad with jeans, so is this their time to shine? How ****ed up should my Old Skools be before I can wear them down High Street?). Aside from that, we are all unified by the white tee and khaki short. I personally like the American Apparel shorts. Good fit.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Impossible to wear in winter. Unlike my home coastal WA town, shorts in the freezing winter is a (rightful) stain on any streetscape (like a Starbucks or Subway). In winter, there's a dozen Uniforms. In summer, there's seemingly only one. Is this peak cultural condensing (like how everyone apparently wore flannellys in 1995) or some kind of unifier, like how schools have uniforms so the richer kids can't show off their new Billabong jumper?
the khaki/white is a big improvement on pastel shorts and brightly coloured singlets (ugh). do you cuff? i don't cuff my khakis but I do cuff my navys because they're baggier. i think the cuff looks lame on men with jeans (really good on girls tho) but good on shorts mostly. or how bout the t-shirt cuff? i think it's a bit lame. too much cuff is barely enuff for some.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
the khaki/white is a big improvement on pastel shorts and brightly coloured singlets (ugh). do you cuff? i don't cuff my khakis but I do cuff my navys because they're baggier. i think the cuff looks lame on men with jeans (really good on girls tho) but good on shorts mostly. or how bout the t-shirt cuff? i think it's a bit lame. too much cuff is barely enuff for some.
Too much cuff makes you look like your mum forget your size when she went shopping. It makes you look like a tryhard and short (or with weird arms). Never a t-shirt cuff and not a short cuff. Just don't need the short cuff. I never cuff jeans but I'll cuff pants – big fan of the pant cuff; you just have to make sure they're the right kind of fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back