Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Maccas/HJs end of the market has suffered because they're no longer that cheap, or that good value compared to what else you can get for the same sort of money.

I find the central markets hideously over rated these days but will usually find an excuse to go in to eat at Chinatown. You can get awesome food there for between $9- $15.

I think the Maccas/HJs end of the market has suffered because they're no longer that cheap, or that good value compared to what else you can get for the same sort of money.
Yep.

Maccas used to be good cos you could get a meal for under $10. Now, it's just so expensive for what it is, and you as you said, you can get something better for the same price.

If you think McDonalds is food, then you need to go back to school.

There is evidence that our dietary behaviors are harmful. There is evidence that our children are suffering under our current dietary behaviors and that we, as parents, are not identifying that evidence and changing those behaviors. As you read this, resist the urge to label yourself or others, and just take a look at the evidence and what it may mean in your life and in the lives of those you love.

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/07/is-feeding-kids-fast-food-child-abuse-tom-grasso/

I can't recall the last time I went to one actually. I can be a little stingy, I usually pack a sandwich and muesli bar or something if I'm gonna be out and about in town or on the road for a couple of hours (I typically cook and prepare practically everything I eat, become a rusted on habit). Occasionally you find a trusty local takeaway for pizza, fish n chips, ethnic cuisines, etc. but it's been years since the fast food restaurants were an occasional treat for me, would have to be in a festive mood or be facing several hours until my next meal.

Fast food in general has crept up in price while quality has gone backwards.

Bit of a trend in post-boom Perth that pubs and restaurants are getting cheaper, too.

I work near a little cafe that does fresh salads, sandwiches, stir fries etc. that are great. For $10-15 you can get a panini and a coffee or a chicken and vege stir fry which is comparable to a fast food chain meal but made of actual food.

Depends how you classify it. Local fish and chips and pizza is still fast food to me.
Oh certainly, referring to big chains with quickly prepared, easily packed and consumed lunches, the usual suspects that everyone has been to countless times.

Even in the case of pizza and fish & chips, it's like a once a year thing for me nowadays. My "indulge" events are things like watching the Brownlow, the Oscars, the Aus Open men's final and the AFL Grand Final. Beyond that it's just my usual lifestyle, with the usual xmas/easter sillyness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go to Mackers a fair bit still but never eat there, just for a coffee and to use the Wifi. Unfortunately a lot of mother's groups tend to go to Mackers, painful when a group of those pram wielding hyenas sit near you.
You mean Maccas?

Guzman Y Gomez my new fave fast food, probably no healthier than Maccas, KFC etc but it feels healthier, fresher and with better ingredients. Seven thumbs up.

Not proud to admit, but I've been known to eat my whole day's food at fast food joints, especially on a night out with the boys. The more questionable meals make for a better upper decker or chunder later in the night. The KFC burger which has fried chicken instead of the bread always seems like a good idea at the time but in the end is never worth it...

the only "fast foods" i have on a semi regular basis would be pizza ie. i would of consumed that roughly 3-5 times in 2016 and Nando's which i would have had probably 2-3 times last year as it is 100 meters from gate 2 at the gabba. we have a tradition in our family that we go out for a feed before lions home games but generally stick to good pub meals in proximity to the gabba eg. The Norman, The Morrison and Brewhouse.

would be over 10 years since i had- McDonalds or Hungry Jacks and had KFC for the first time during that period last year and nearly heaved it back up, used to have Subway once a fortnight up until a few years ago but i now very rarely eat bread so have cut that out as well.

Domestic growth in the US was 1.something percent, which is nothing.

AFAIK McDonalds' sales in Australia haven't kept pace with inflation since the GFC. The fast food sector in general is shrinking.

Australia was around +7% last I heard. They might have lost ground in the last quarter though because Create Your Taste wasn't sustaining as well as they hoped. The USA have been struggling for a little. There other top global markets would average around +4-5% over the past few years. Fairly considerable with their volume.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back