Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried Donut King out on the weekend....I Had the Thick shake, Nephew had the donuts, great nephew had the hot-dog.

Results:

Thick-Shake- Very Good
Donuts - Nice
Hot Dog - sh*te.
Yea. Wendy's hotdogs are better.

When you get the Hotdog with cheese, it all falls into a mess. Wendys they don't slice the buns, just put the cheese into the hole made by the warmer and the add hotdog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought a Big Mac and a whopper, for the first time in 15 years, in recent weeks

I might be back in another 15 years, when I forget how ordinary they are (and small!)

I’m stunned you can run a business selling that s**t

Ive got some 80/20 beef mince in the freezer along with some Turkish rolls and oven chips
Throw the chips in the oven
Caramelise some onions lid on some salt let them sweat (if you want to speed it up give it a few minutes in the microwave before you start)
20 minutes later chips are nearly done
Smash the burgers with some salt and pepper on a hot grill let them ooze fat and brown up
Grill a piece of pineapple
Assemble onion pineapple squirt of dead horse and then cheese
Throw them in the oven to melt the cheese and warm the bread roll (then butter)
Get your lettuce leaf ready

30 minutes all up burgers and chips cost a few dollars for 2 and tastes excellent

To make it even easier cook twice as much onion and pineapple and freeze in portions,then just cook chips burger and bread

If you dont like pineapple thats your problem your missing out

I bought a Big Mac and a whopper, for the first time in 15 years, in recent weeks

I might be back in another 15 years, when I forget how ordinary they are (and small!)

I’m stunned you can run a business selling that sh*t

Its engrained into people - our kids will always ask for 'Maccas' if we offer takeaway for lunch - then they will proceed to eat about half of it - They dont even get happy meals any more so i cant blame the toys (although thats how it became so engrained)

When I get fast food - I do Maccas and go for a large double quater pounder meal. Never enough. So recently added chicken nuggets. I'm changing the order now. Hungry Jacks sold me on their recent advertisement of being sued by Maccas. So I'm going to go a Big Jack meal deal - large. And the next time I'll settle on their double cheeseberger. Have never really liked their whoppers.

Its engrained into people - our kids will always ask for 'Maccas' if we offer takeaway for lunch - then they will proceed to eat about half of it - They dont even get happy meals any more so i cant blame the toys (although thats how it became so engrained)

Maccas also prey on the kids of parents with low education levels and those vulnerable due to poverty

You only have to see the correlation on the map

FTR there is nothing wrong with the occasional rubbish meal but everything wrong with giving it to kids and or having it more than once a month

Maccas also prey on the kids of parents with low education levels and those vulnerable due to poverty
What do you mean by this? How?

Advertising is targetted in every facet of life, what are they doing differently and how are they preying on anyone? Maybe I'm missing something but seems a ridiculous assertion

What do you mean by this? How?

Advertising is targetted in every facet of life, what are they doing differently and how are they preying on anyone? Maybe I'm missing something but seems a ridiculous assertion

You won’t find a Maccas in the golden triangle in Perth but spread throughout the poor and middle class suburbs.

Maccas knows people who are educated, who care for their families and have financial options are not their market.

Watch this situation change as the golden triangle increases up to affordable housing. Maccas will prey upon them.

Further attesting to the predatory nature is Maccas child care Initatives. They know they have to target them young and when parents are too tired to care.

A Dirty Bird (KFC) opened up 3 nights ago near me. It was bucketing with rain and we thought we might give it a crack as it was our cheat meal for the week. The line for drive through was horrendous. It was set up like Maccas where there are 2 order bays that join into one when you go to pay. The line to order went out of the car park and onto the road which blocked the traffic.

Yes there is another KFC in my suburb but it just as bad where the line snakes around the complex and onto the road most nights. The 2 order stations are a joke. Designed to ensure you order quicker, but you don't get it quicker because the lines merge into one and there is only the one person most of the time taking the order and handling payments.

The KFC was good though as it was a high turnover of product. Zinger Stacker Box with 3 nuggets and a dinner roll added.

Made the dinner roll into a Nugg sandwich and dunked in the potato and gravy...

The last time I went to KFC they were taking a while to get my order ready so they told me to to park out the front in one of the waiting bays but they were already full so I had to just park in the main car park. Sat there waiting for about 20 minutes with no sign of anyone bringing out my order so I had to go back through the drive thru to find out what the clowns had done with my order, absolute shitshow but at least they gave me a free large chips to make up for the inconvenience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back