Fastest Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Chick supposedly ran the 400m in a club competition at hawthorn in world record pace.
He may struggle to walk now, but back then he was a speed freak (in more than one way)

I not been following our list changes closely.
Has Boeky got another year with us ?

Not yet. Just figured if running fast and not getting tbe ball was a criteria, he's a chance. Tongue in cheek as he improved greatly later in the year.

I know this is the wrong thread, but has anyone elses BigFooty look completely different? Like the new design, but just wondering why it was changed?
No ? its the same its always been mate.

I did once think that though and then later found out that when your stuck on 522 posts the layout of the site changes. how many posts have you had ?

Usain Bolt
Cristiano Ronaldo
Israel Folau
LeBron James
Marshawn Lynch
Wayne Carey

The latter doesn't waste any time.

No ? its the same its always been mate.

I did once think that though and then later found out that when your stuck on 522 posts the layout of the site changes. how many posts have you had ?

So the layout really changes after exactly 522 posts:eek: Looking forward to the new one at 1,044 posts....

I still don't see why the fastest wouldn't be able to run lowish 10 seconds. It's not as fast as it sounds in terms of relativity - they'd still be getting flogged by good sprinters
Frasier Gehrig ran a quick 100 during his wingman days iirc, wouldn't have been low 10s though, because low 10s is flying!

(From wiki, so grain of salt and all that)

Gehrig was a versatile player during his AFL career, beginning his career at West Coast before becoming known as a powerful goal kicker and Coleman Medalist at St Kilda.

Gehrig holds the bench press record at both West Coast and St Kilda as well as being the best bench pressperformer in the AFL, with many additionally regarding him as the strongest and most intimidating player in the AFL. While in the peak of his career, he was also widely regarded as the fastest player over 30 meters in any ball sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mumford has this.
He could give Jarrod Pickett a 30 metre start and still catch him to eat him before the 100 metre line.

Mummy did not make it. Oh well.

2017 SPRINT CLUB REPRESENTATIVES

HEAT ONE

Adelaide Crows: Jordan Gallucci

Brisbane Lions: Dayne Zorko

Essendon: Kyle Langford

Geelong Cats: Mark O’Connor

Hawthorn: Harry Morrison

Melbourne: Jayden Hunt

St Kilda: Sam Gilbert

West Coast Eagles: Lewis Jetta

Western Bulldogs: Matt Suckling

HEAT TWO

Carlton: Jarrod Pickett

Collingwood: Will Hoskin-Elliot

Fremantle: Tommy Sheridan

Gold Coast Suns: Steven May

GWS Giants: Tim Taranto

North Melbourne: Josh Williams

Port Adelaide: Jarman Impey

Richmond: Connor Menadue

Sydney Swans: James Rose

The ones in red to look out for.
Impey, Hunt and Pickett my tip as top 3 in any order.

FASTEST FIVE

There was also a moronic table showing their 100m times vs Bolt, which included a heap of dumb logic, so I left that out.

Yeah trust Andrew Bolt to compare his 100m times to all those players. Can't believe he's still writing for this s**t truck of a newspaper.

Daniel Chick supposedly ran the 400m in a club competition at hawthorn in world record pace.
He may struggle to walk now, but back then he was a speed freak (in more than one way)

Daniel Chick claimed he could beat Cathy Freeman's time over 400m.

3 points:

a) saying something and doing it are different
b) Cathy Freeman never held the World Record for the 400m
c) Freeman's a woman - I could show you about a dozen 16-year olds who could beat that time today in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back