Fastlane (2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't disagree with that, the Wyatts are talked up like some big bad all conquering group but they never win.

They've been ruined. They needed to win that match, and easily.

Can't disagree with that, the Wyatts are talked up like some big bad all conquering group but they never win.

They've been ruined. They needed to win that match, and easily.

It's why the Shield got over so well, they won most of the time.

It's why the Shield got over so well, they won most of the time.

Supergroups really should be, Wyatts are big bad guys, really no other faction should be beating them.

People need to get over Kevin Owen's weight. He doesn't gas like other big guys and for someone his size he's very athletic.

He's the kind of guy you'd describe as strong fat.

And he needs a gimmick? His gimmick is he's a genuine tough guy who smack talks constantly. The biggest names in wwe history "didn't have a gimmick" . HHH. Austin. Rock. Piper. Flair. Brock if you want to chuck him in there. Benoit. Etc. You could go on for days.
He is boring as hell. Every time he comes on I want to switch channels. I don't even want to see a face beat him up. I just want him gone. Terrible heel with no heat.

He is boring as hell. Every time he comes on I want to switch channels. I don't even want to see a face beat him up. I just want him gone. Terrible heel with no heat.
Haha good one

Haha good one
I do not enjoy Owens at all. First time I saw him I think it was TLC, came out before the match to do a promo (no issues there) and all he did was the classic "I have no heat so I will mock the town I'm in" speech and it was terrible.

That's your opinion and I politely disagree.

I think he's great. I like that he talks down to his opponent. The commentators. The crowd. All while beating the crap out of a dude.

He has no heat because the crowd love him. Because he's not the pg definition that has been shoved down our throats for years.

I do not enjoy Owens at all. First time I saw him I think it was TLC, came out before the match to do a promo (no issues there) and all he did was the classic "I have no heat so I will mock the town I'm in" speech and it was terrible.
I also do not enjoy him at all. Could not care less if he disappeared tomorrow.

That's your opinion and I politely disagree.

I think he's great. I like that he talks down to his opponent. The commentators. The crowd. All while beating the crap out of a dude.

He has no heat because the crowd love him. Because he's not the pg definition that has been shoved down our throats for ears.
I never really cared for crowd reactions when judging a wrestler. Even as a heel, you can get any reaction from a crowd (even if it's cheering instead of boos) and that is better than stone silence which is what happens everytime I see him. One of my favourite heels Mr. Anderson (in TNA) I loved as a heel and was cheering him regardless if he was destroying my favourite face. He was entertaining. Owens, I don't find entertaining.

I never really cared for crowd reactions when judging a wrestler. Even as a heel, you can get any reaction from a crowd (even if it's cheering instead of boos) and that is better than stone silence which is what happens everytime I see him. One of my favourite heels Mr. Anderson (in TNA) I loved as a heel and was cheering him regardless if he was destroying my favourite face. He was entertaining. Owens, I don't find entertaining.

He's not meant to be the definition of entertaining though. Brock is not entertaining yet you have people clamouring to suck is nut sweat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not meant to be the definition of entertaining though. Brock is not entertaining yet you have people clamouring to suck is nut sweat.
Not a big fan of him lately. He was good before the Suplex City stuff and has became more 4-moves of Doom-esq for my liking.

People need to get over Kevin Owen's weight. He doesn't gas like other big guys and for someone his size he's very athletic.

He's the kind of guy you'd describe as strong fat.

And he needs a gimmick? His gimmick is he's a genuine tough guy who smack talks constantly. The biggest names in wwe history "didn't have a gimmick" . HHH. Austin. Rock. Piper. Flair. Brock if you want to chuck him in there. Benoit. Etc. You could go on for days.

All those guys had characters, Owens doesn't. "AHH HE'S A PRIZE FIGHTER MAGGLE!!!" Makes no sense as he fights every week in meaningless six man tags. Smack talking the commentators makes no sense either as JBL and Cole are the most hated guys at the moment. He can't get a reaction outside of smarky cities because nobody cares about him. Without a doubt the most generic wrestler I've ever seen.

Lol what?

His Kurt Angle days are some of the greatest moments in WWE history.
Kurt Angle probably helped a lot there too

Lol what?

His Kurt Angle days are some of the greatest moments in WWE history.

No they weren't. And that's exactly what I'm getting at.

I'm not denying he was good. But he was not as good as he is remembered.

He was solid during the angle feud. But he wasn't exactly ground breaking.

He was a big tough kid who knew how to hurt people that they took a chance on and chucked belts at because of his size and look.

During this period he regularly went a week without actually wrestling. And his mic work was non existent. The only time he talked was during back stage segments with Kurt that were supposed to be friendly banter that still came off wooden and scripted.

Was incredibly lucky to work with angle who is top tier in regard to ring work during this period.

Where others rate him 10/10 I think it's fair that an argument could be made for him being a 7

IS your big issue for not rating him because he cant talk on the mic?
No. But it is an issue.

I feel everything about him is slightly over rated.

He's good in the ring but people talk about him like he's one of the greats. When in reality he isn't. He's just a decent wrestler who they invested in heavily who spent barely any time in the company and now he is back shows up gets paid and goes home. Doesn't invest time into building anything just gets a lucrative contract because of his image. Comes out. Paul speaks for him. F5s some sap and leaves.

Guy is a legit bad ass. In the MMA world.

In wwe he WAS a solid worker the time he was there but is now a parody of himself.

I'd argue he is a legit bad ass in any world. He is the only legit beast in the WWE at the moment so why not use him to come in, * s**t up and leave?

I see where you are coming from, and I am obviously very bias with my love for him, but I don't think he is a guy that should be showing up every week. He is the real prize fighter in WWE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back