FTA-TV Fat Tony & Co

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Decent first two episodes, even though most of it was rehashed from the first series of Underbelly.

I think the next episodes we will start to see new stuff from this gangland war that hasn't been told on screen.

I would like to get the address on Gangitano's massage parlour ;)

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
very bleh, in the first series carl is literally begging to be part of tony's crew, stealing the morans dog etc, and in this series he was already working in his pizza shop before tony got bigtime and in then last series i cant remember any mention of the munsters daughter and in this series shes the reason alfonse got shot, have i missed something or are these new allegations that have surfaced in the last 5 years?

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
very bleh, in the first series carl is literally begging to be part of tony's crew, stealing the morans dog etc, and in this series he was already working in his pizza shop before tony got bigtime and in then last series i cant remember any mention of the munsters daughter and in this series shes the reason alfonse got shot, have i missed something or are these new allegations that have surfaced in the last 5 years?

I just re-watched season one over the weekend in time before Fat Tony started, and i picked up exactly on those things you mentioned. Also in the first season the Moran's bought the pill press of the bikies, in last night's episode it was "borrowed" of Danielle McGuire and how her and Fat Tony met was different in the first season too.

Maybe with a few more years passed the writers have uncovered more information or decided to have more political licence.

Also i use to work with Jim O'Brien in a previous job where he was head of security. A really nice bloke, but wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

weekend at bernies

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, GSW
I miss the old Roberta.. much, much hotter

Have to agree with all the above.

Lazy way they filmed Alphonse Gangitano's murder. 'The Munster' wasn't even in the house when Al was killed. He had made sure he was on CCTV at a local servo at the time of the murder. Happened in a court not on a main road, the home cctv tape was removed etc. Just a lazy way to shot a shooting.

Mark Moran's murder was a blink if you missed it, a significant moment in the whole gangland war.

Kat Stewart was a much better Roberta - way more enjoyable to watch than this incarnation.

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
was very excited for this series to start. underbelly 1 was by far the best one they made, yet this was pretty ordinary. And very inconsistent. I though Alphonse Gangitano was killed because of something to do with witnesses to something he did. I cant really remember. It was a while ago since i watched the first series. But yea something to do with some girls. And Carl Williams was working for the Morans. When did this change to him working with Mockbel? Annoying.

But I think the series will get away from the gangland war stuff now and just focus on Mockbel.

Ted Nugent

Debutant
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Similar sentiments:

- The bit where Gangitano cracked the shits and took it out on a police officer. Anyone know if this happened? Because if he did what they showed in last night's show, that is 3 years in the pokey. I'm guessing they made that s**t up.

- Karl Williams character has changed from a bit dopey in the original series to a village idiot incapable of guiding a fork into his mouth without poking himself in the eye.

- It's just not me who doesn't rate fake **** is it? If they're obvious fakes then I'm not interested. Surely as director you get all the girls (the ones who play massage girls and hookers and strippers and stuff) in a room, line them up and go through a process:

1. Tell all the ones with obvious fakies (bolt ons) to move a step forward.
2. Tell them they are unsuccessful in getting a part and show them the door
3. Tell the remaining girls to take their tops and bras off
4. Eliminate the ones with boob jobs

I know lots of girls who are in that industry have boob jobs but I'd prioritise the aesthetics of the show and the enjoyment of the viewer in front of artistic integrity.

It's not like they twist don't stories all the time already to make these shows more viewer friendly.

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Similar sentiments:

- The bit where Gangitano cracked the shits and took it out on a police officer. Anyone know if this happened? Because if he did what they showed in last night's show, that is 3 years in the pokey. I'm guessing they made that s**t up.

- Karl Williams character has changed from a bit dopey in the original series to a village idiot incapable of guiding a fork into his mouth without poking himself in the eye.

- It's just not me who doesn't rate fake **** is it? If they're obvious fakes then I'm not interested. Surely as director you get all the girls (the ones who play massage girls and hookers and strippers and stuff) in a room, line them up and go through a process:

1. Tell all the ones with obvious fakies (bolt ons) to move a step forward.
2. Tell them they are unsuccessful in getting a part and show them the door
3. Tell the remaining girls to take their tops and bras off
4. Eliminate the ones with boob jobs

I know lots of girls who are in that industry have boob jobs but I'd prioritise the aesthetics of the show and the enjoyment of the viewer in front of artistic integrity.

It's not like they twist don't stories all the time already to make these shows more viewer friendly.

Maybe these blokes hung out with a lot girls with fake ****, making fake **** a requirement for the female actresses

I'd think there would be more inconsistencies with the first underbelly than this one

It's pretty hard to accurately describe something that had a lot of moving parts when most of the characters are dead

It's also pretty easy to interpret stuff in different ways. Basically all these blokes knew each other and spent a lot of time together, it would be hard to accurately piece together who was on who's good side at random time points when most the people involved are dead and the rest telling the story are arrogant liars

Lold at the terrible Christine Nixon impersonation

forwardflanker

Cancelled
Apr 3, 2006
Luxemburg
AFL Club
Collingwood
So many levels of awfulness in this show. The first season of Underbelly was one of the best Australian tv shows in years and in just under 90 minutes they've managed to ruin it. The writing and shooting was awful, honestly it was shot like an episode of neighbors but with **** and guns. You can't pin it on the bad acting either since most of them were great in the original series. Will not be watching again :(

Also, the original Roberta Williams was the greatest ever :thumbsu:

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
From what I can remember of the first one Mokbel was hardly in it and there was the issue with court injunctions being placed on what they could show in Vic, it was more focused on Carl Williams. I'm more interested in his escape rather than the **** and coke parties that they have shown so far.

From what I can remember of the first one Mokbel was hardly in it and there was the issue with court injunctions being placed on what they could show in Vic, it was more focused on Carl Williams. I'm more interested in his escape rather than the **** and coke parties that they have shown so far.
In Victoria, we couldn't see it when the rest of the country saw it because of the court cases that were taking place at the time, and when we finally were able to see it, Tony Mokbel's face was blurred out. This didn't stop people buying the Uncut version of the series and watching that instead of waiting for it to come on TV.

prepare for dissappointment aye. not bad not as good as the first one

Watch up until Mark Morans demise today - will watch the rest of it later tonight.
Not as good as the first Underbelly, but will keep watching nonetheless.
She's only been in one scene, but hating this Roberta. Kat Williams much better.

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Madeline West...... wowee
Before Underbelly I knew her as a innocent girl from neighbous. Now......
tumblr_lv9gy159oI1r2avnn.gif

Back