FTA-TV Fat Tony & Co

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a good reason why I don't watch FTA - apart from the commercials.

I was out, so set the IQ for Fat Tony, and yes, what happens the farkheads at Channel 9 cannot stick to their bloody schedule. I mean 60 minutes is a pre- recorded program as is Fat Tony, so I don't know how much I missed, however, my IQ cut out at the end of the scheduling bracket. * you Channel 9.

Episode 2 was crap in my view. They should have just headed to Frankston, and any girl in the mall would play a better Roberta. Carl is overacted, and the hype they are giving Mick Gatto is disgusting.

Did you extend the IQ by 20 minutes?
I do this all the time now - was sick of my programs cutting out just before the end.

Did you extend the IQ by 20 minutes?
I do this all the time now - was sick of my programs cutting out just before the end.
nope i forgot to, nor should I, they can get ****ed.

Roberta- She's nowhere near as bogan as they make out
Carl- He's nowhere near as dumb and almost *ed as he's made out

The show is about what I expected, but the acting could be a hell of a lot better

Edit- Gee whiz guess the word ret.rded is sensored.

Watched it last night, and it is terrible.
I know nine have promoted the buggery out of this thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if they shifted it away from that Sunday night timeslot.
No chance of that happening. As of last Sunday it still had 1,132,000 viewers according to the OzTam ratings (which measure the Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth & Brisbane markets). That probably equates to around 2M viewers once the regionals are taken into account. That was good enough to make it the 5th watched show of the night and easily the #1 show in that timeslot.

It's competition in that timeslot was as follows:
7 - Sunday Night (1,086,000) & Downton Abbey (991,000)
ABC - Rake (638,000)
10 - So You Think You Can Dance Australia (408,000)
SBS - who cares?

There is not a snowflake's chance in hell that this show is going to get shifted away from Sunday night primetime while it maintains those ratings.

No chance of that happening. As of last Sunday it still had 1,132,000 viewers according to the OzTam ratings (which measure the Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth & Brisbane markets). That probably equates to around 2M viewers once the regionals are taken into account. That was good enough to make it the 5th watched show of the night and easily the #1 show in that timeslot.

It's competition in that timeslot was as follows:
7 - Sunday Night (1,086,000) & Downton Abbey (991,000)
ABC - Rake (638,000)
10 - So You Think You Can Dance Australia (408,000)
SBS - who cares?

There is not a snowflake's chance in hell that this show is going to get shifted away from Sunday night primetime while it maintains those ratings.

Fair enough.
Hadn't looked at the ratings. Was just thinking that if a fair chunk of the viewers have also seen the Underbelly version whether they would stick with it.
I will, but that's only out of curiosity and how they portray his escape to Greece and subsequent capture.

Fair enough.
Hadn't looked at the ratings. Was just thinking that if a fair chunk of the viewers have also seen the Underbelly version whether they would stick with it.
I will, but that's only out of curiosity and how they portray his escape to Greece and subsequent capture.
I'm enjoying the way it's filling in some of the gaps left in the original series.

For example, the murder of Michael Marshall. This was shown in the original series from the police' perspective. They had no idea who the target was, until it went down (they assumed it was a bank job). The murder was critical because it resulted in the arrest of "The Runner" (Victor Brincat), who subsequently provided the testimony they needed to arrest & convict Carl Williams. However, the original series made no attempt to explain why Marshall was murdered - according to Fat Tony it was because Williams owed him a significant amount of money for a drug shipment, which he couldn't afford to pay.

A lot of this "new material" is probably due to information that the police have received subsequent to the screening of the original series and/or stuff they couldn't include in the original series for legal reasons (which have now been resolved).

What I'd really like to know is which parts are based on "new evidence" and which are "poetic license" in the name of telling a good story.

Anyone still watching this? The scenes filmed in Greece were a bit average.

I mean the Greeks help apprehend Mokbel yet they are being portrayed as useless and I really couldn't understand that party scene about getting the Aussie cops pissed which seemed to go on for ages. Some weird writing by the script writers to fill in some time.

I mean the Greeks help apprehend Mokbel yet they are being portrayed as useless and I really couldn't understand that party scene about getting the Aussie cops pissed which seemed to go on for ages. Some weird writing by the script writers to fill in some time.
Yeah, spot on. All the farkin cliches and stereotyping was farkin s**t, embarrassing and laughable. It definitely looks padded out with stock mini-plot filler that most likely never happened. I dunno why I'm still watching it

I was gunna get on here last night to moan about it, but I would've gone into full-rant mode, without enough smarts to articulate exactly what I was thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed the 2nd part of the double episode yesterday. Anyone know where I can watch it?
Only the first part is on the C9 site
You missed a Madeline West slow motion climbing out of a pool wearing a bikini scene :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back