Father Son/ Academy Free Hits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Take it up with your past players. Which superstars give birth to children who have the talent and desire to play the game at the highest level is probably the only thing the AFL can't manipulate
Take it up with your past players. Which superstars give birth to children who have the talent and desire to play the game at the highest level is probably the only thing the AFL can't manipulate
Plugger has 4 daughters. As a passionate Saint ,not happy , Jan. I'm not overly keen to take up with him mind you.

Ebert not eligible was pretty funny, if he wasnt then we had no chance of getting any F/S picks. After all that the Melb clubs got full use of F/S and priority picks to build up there lists lol.

Gibbs was very unlucky as well.
How could Ebert not have been eligible? Russell played well over 300 games at Port while there was no AFL team from SA. I remember Gibbs not being eligible because his dad played a portion of his games at Glenelg while the Crows were in the AFL, does make sense although definitely unlucky for the Crows.

untitled-design-18.jpg

No doubt the AFL will have changed the F-S rules before these 3 turn 18

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries cut him down, but i'm still not sure why Clem Michael wasn't father-son for your mob
The McGovern boys would have been Freo f/s if Andy McGovern played more games for Freo before they were invented.

Yes, I'm aware that's impossible - but such is the stupidity of the rule.

The McGovern boys would have been Freo f/s if Andy McGovern played more games for Freo before they were invented.

Yes, I'm aware that's impossible - but such is the stupidity of the rule.

Stephen Michael covered the games required I would have thought though?

Strange case it seems. Can't find ich reason. Would have freed pick 21 to get Simon Black...

Nah Neesham was still in charge back then, more likely to have gone with the Claremont prospect in Rowan Jones :p

I reckon the whole points system thing is stuffed anyway. It's like 'oh we need to match the points on the best kid in the land? No worries boys, lets accumulate pick 39,43,47,59 and 99 and call it even. wtf.

That was closed a few years back only for them to reopen the silly loophole last year. You can only match with the amount of list spots you have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back