Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Bailey (the oldest) on our VFL list but didn’t get many games so has now moved to Frankston, is apparently doing really well and might be a chance he gets picked in the mid-season draft.
Bailey the middle son, has an older brother Billy who played NEAFL in Queensland and then at Sydney Uni

According to a recent AFL article, we are able to select Harrison Free as a FS this year.

Anyone have any up to date info on how he’s tracking?

Made the Oakleigh Chargers team in 2020, didn’t play a game cause covid. Have found absolutely nothing else pertaining to this year.

Mackenzie Cowley - A lot is know about this kid, U17s b&f at 14, 2019 boarding at Caulfield Gramma (year 10) along with Will Dwyer (year 11) ect. Played in a trial game with the Pioneers last year against Calder before the season was shut down (the pioneers squad wasn’t finalised yet). 2020 played 1 game for Kyabram U18s and kicked 4 goals (or five has also been reported) before shut down.

Now playing for Tongala seniors, played 4 games for 4 goals twice in the bests. Don’t know if he’s still at Caulfield.

I think he’s bottom age now the NAB has gone to U19s.
Sounds like all is working to plan then

You know what’s potentially going to * us over? Next year it’s going to be no matching NGA players within the first 40 picks.

I give you Kydan Atkinson- been in our NGA from the start ( he was 8 ) and looks like he has the potential to be a very good player. Playing for the Bushrangers u17 side.

We might be finally getting some talent coming through only to miss out because they’re to good 🤦‍♂️

You know what’s potentially going to fu** us over? Next year it’s going to be no matching NGA players within the first 40 picks.

I give you Kydan Atkinson- been in our NGA from the start ( he was 8 ) and looks like he has the potential to be a very good player. Playing for the Bushrangers u17 side.

We might be finally getting some talent coming through only to miss out because they’re to good 🤦‍♂️
Another rule change to try and bring our dynasty to an end.

I think it's top 20 this year and top 40 next year .
You know what’s potentially going to fu** us over? Next year it’s going to be no matching NGA players within the first 40 picks.

We might be finally getting some talent coming through only to miss out because they’re to good

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Simpkin (lolnorf) & Ratugolea (Cats) we’re both from our academy zone but both weren’t match-able because it was too early (it was the first year of the NGAs so no one could match).

The only ones that have looked the goods as a junior are Cowley, Atkinson, Dwyer & maybe Agog. Kydan Atkinson & Zach Dwyer are either 2022 or 23 draft while Cowley & Agog ( both 18 and bottom-agers I think) are available this draft.

I think it's top 20 this year and top 40 next year .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So what's the point of Academies then?

We want you spend your $ on bringing in young players form diverse backgrounds. And then to reward you we'll let someone else take them.

Simpkin (lolnorf) & Ratugolea (Cats) we’re both from our academy zone but both weren’t match-able because it was too early (it was the first year of the NGAs so no one could match).

The only ones that have looked the goods as a junior are Cowley, Atkinson, Dwyer & maybe Agog. Kydan Atkinson & Zach Dwyer are either 2022 or 23 draft while Cowley & Agog ( both 18 and bottom-agers I think) are available this draft.
Actually 4 players drafted from our zone in 2016 with 3 inside the top 50 Simpkin Ratugolea and Kirby. Jemaine Jones was a rookie pick.

Blessing in disguise that our zone didn't start in 2016 as we drafted Shai Bolton and Jack Graham and traded picks for Prestia, Caddy and Nank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually 4 players drafted from our zone in 2016 with 3 inside the top 50 Simpkin Ratugolea and Kirby. Jemaine Jones was a rookie pick.

Blessing in disguise that our zone didn't start in 2016 as we drafted Shai Bolton and Jack Graham and traded picks for Prestia, Caddy and Nank.
This is exactly why no one should ever complain about not having access to everyone, back the club in!

Willie wants to come to Richmond.

Stood up for Marlion Pickett.

And he’s a Rioli.
Luv this kid. Kind of embarrassing though that it took someone from outside our club to make a stand.

I fairly and squarely blame Peggy for our willingness to bend over a cop it from the umpires, media and AFL. Its time for a line in the sand moment and she is not someone that is willing to deliver it. Happy to make a stand to prevent members from being able to vote in/out Board members and cracked it when our AFLW license was delayed but won't deliver now when its needed.

You’re bloody joking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back