Father Son - Burnt again

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?....oh cmon....if theres one current player in our team you would bet on his son making it/potentially being a star it d be son -son...so much natural footy talent...plus from all reports his old man was pretty decent footballer himself

Oh well guess he'll be making stars for our woman's team.

Medhurst had a lot of natural footy talent and has a son. I wonder how many games he played for Freo.....*.

Oh well guess he'll be making stars for our woman's team.

Medhurst had a lot of natural footy talent and has a son. I wonder how many games he played for Freo.....****.
Ah very true...99 wasnt it?

FWIW i think were a sneaky chance to get a favourable call from the afl (yeah i know hear me out)... the number one reason being other than slippsy peake weve never had one in our existence, plus with a few other games played ,swannies/SOO the afl might...i said might just let us have this one...especially considering old man steve works at the club.Also helps we're currently one of the worst sides going in the AFL atm

The fact that we put in an application for bootsma when i think it was obvious by the rules at the time he was ineligble for us says to me the club obviously believes theres wriggle room for the afl( i mean seriously when DONT the afl allow for this when it comes to their rules)to make an exception.

Either way im pretty confident he ll end up in purple at some stage. Him ,carter and ian hill next year would be like some sort of dream...the kind that sets the club up for a decade ala geebungs 99 and 01 or hawks 01 and 04 drafts

Another miss! 4 goals, 2 behinds and a goal assist from 7 kicks. And for some strange reason they have been throwing him in the ruck as well.

Ah very true...99 wasnt it?

FWIW i think were a sneaky chance to get a favourable call from the afl (yeah i know hear me out)... the number one reason being other than slippsy peake weve never had one in our existence, plus with a few other games played ,swannies/SOO the afl might...i said might just let us have this one...especially considering old man steve works at the club.Also helps we're currently one of the worst sides going in the AFL atm

The fact that we put in an application for bootsma when i think it was obvious by the rules at the time he was ineligble for us says to me the club obviously believes theres wriggle room for the afl( i mean seriously when DONT the afl allow for this when it comes to their rules)to make an exception.

Either way im pretty confident he ll end up in purple at some stage. Him ,carter and ian hill next year would be like some sort of dream...the kind that sets the club up for a decade ala geebungs 99 and 01 or hawks 01 and 04 drafts

That would be quite the draft not sure if it will be possible. If O’Reilly and Hill keep it up they'll both go pretty early. Father-son rules have been changed since Tom Hawkins went at pick 41, not quite as lop sided. So O'reilly will still have to be taken some what early if he maintains current form.

That would be quite the draft not sure if it will be possible. If O’Reilly and Hill keep it up they'll both go pretty early. Father-son rules have been changed since Tom Hawkins went at pick 41, not quite as lop sided. So O'reilly will still have to be taken some what early if he maintains current form.
Yeah its a long shot but if they allow it ...id imagine we simply match and get the 20% discount ,even if we go into deficit for the following year as its about thst time we should be making a charge at it.
Meaning we only need them bid on AFTER our first pick,which is hopefully earlier enough 1 to allow this and 2 earlier enough for hill- who as you said has big wraps but traditionally his type of player (small fwd mid)have tended not to go top 5 too often,especially considering the amount of apparently elite kpfs available next year.

Its all dependent on a favourable call regarding oreilly jr from the afl at the end of the day....something you wouldnt want to be holding your breath for.

Fremantle Dockers show interest in potential father-son draftee Maurice Rioli Jr

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/fr...r/news-story/055332ae76d87076f2ccc900f89d1d91

Maurice Jr’s father played 168 games for South Fremantle and 118 at Richmond, meaning both the Dockers (150-plus games for eligible WAFL club) and Tigers (100-plus VFL games) can snap him up under the father-son rule in his draft year.

He has the choice of which club he would like to nominate for, or can elect to ignore both clubs and go into the 2020 national draft. But Fremantle will be up against it to lure him to WA, with the teen star planning to board at Scotch College in Melbourne next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle Dockers show interest in potential father-son draftee Maurice Rioli Jr

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/fr...r/news-story/055332ae76d87076f2ccc900f89d1d91

See THIS is why I've ALWAYS hated Richmond. They STOLE Maurice from Souths when I was too young to know better (ie money, opportunities etc etc), and then they always claimed him as one of 'their own' - HE BELONGED TO US FIRST AND HE CAME BACK TO US!! And now they're gonna get his kid... esp after the premiership and (his uncle - edit: nephew) Daniel playing there.

Geez I wish Maurice was still around to guide him towards his one true destiny in purple.

My feeling towards Richmond had softened a little... now they can all GAGF.

Last edited:
In the college sports, school throw under the table sweeters to players and parents to sign on.

Nothing illegal for us to do the same.
IF we really want him, then it's time to get serious. Offer him and his family something generous to choose us, no ifs or buts about it, but we're not Carlton, so, I doubt we will.

You guys do realize it was crumpet face's original research on that article, Fremantles grace period to recruit sons of WAFL players ran out in 2015.

Hagdorn strikes again.
Agreed. The old crumpetface campaigner has NFI. That's right up there with death and taxes.

...but Patrick Keane confirmed it this year Rioli Jr is eligible for both Richmond and Freo.

DN2K-gMU8AAMhkK.jpg:large

Agreed. The old crumpetface campaigner has NFI. That's right up there with death and taxes.

...but Patrick Keane confirmed it this year Rioli Jr is eligible for both Richmond and Freo.

DN2K-gMU8AAMhkK.jpg:large

Ugggh I based my info off Wiki which I had read last week, it got updated 2 days ago.

*sigh*

Fair bump, play on.

Can anyone advise on FS eligibility of Brayshaw???
Mark played 110 games at Claremont - wasn't Claremont a club for Freo FS access eligibility???

Really??
Once again, could've got three boys as FS if the rules for VFL/WAFL had been valued the same..... I call bullshit on the AFL.....again.
Angus was a big Freo supporter as a kid, wonder if the same for Andrew?

Really??
Once again, could've got three boys as FS if the rules for VFL/WAFL had been valued the same..... I call bullshit on the AFL.....again.
Angus was a big Freo supporter as a kid, wonder if the same for Andrew?

I think Claremont is a West Coast WAFL club alignment team now, although, you like, I do remember that it was originally one of the clubs aligned with Fremantle in 1995.

Not exactly sure but I think maybe somewhere in the timeline between then and now Perth and Claremont were swapped to make it a North (WC)/South (Freo) of the river thing - although now with West Coast taking over Laithlain Park its muddied that concept up a bit.

I think Claremont is a West Coast WAFL club alignment team now, although, you like, I do remember that it was originally one of the clubs aligned with Fremantle in 1995.

Not exactly sure but I think maybe somewhere in the timeline between then and now Perth and Claremont were swapped to make it a North (WC)/South (Freo) of the river thing - although now with West Coast taking over Laithlain Park its muddied that concept up a bit.[/QUOTE

Brayshaw Played 110 at Claremont and 32 at North, pity we couldn't at least put forward a case as we should with O'Reilly.

I was pretty sure Claremont was an aligned team as well - the eligibility period would have coincided with his playing time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back