Father Son - Burnt again

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus 41 games with Swan Districts before Freo existed, plus 3 State of Origin games.

I'd expect we'd ask the question if he looks like being good enough.
I suspect if we rise up the ladder, the answer will be a firm no. If we’re bottom 5 again, the answer will be a maybe. The AFL prefer to go on the vibe of a situation rather than any factual inklings.

If we’re bottom 4 with a s**t percentage again, perhaps we could weasel a priority pick too! Finally get some handouts from the AFL before launching world domination. Imagine a top 4 pick, o’reilly F/s, carter NGA, priority pick. Probably why we traded all our picks next year! The four year rebuild is starting to make sense!

I suspect that if O'Reilly's a gun we'll get a firm 'No', but if he slides there's a good chance we'll still get a firm 'No'...

No harm asking , better get rejected than not trying at all.

Not yet but I would expect us to. I think most here would be pessimistic about our chances of the AFL saying yes though.
Dear Gill,
Can we please draft Dillon O'Reilly under the father son provisions. The only reason we traded him on 98 games was to bring down Carlton's dodgy underhanded salary cap rorting. It turned out to be the best/worst trade ever, so here is your chance to hold a press conference in the middle of the cricket season so everyone can laugh at Carlton.

Cheers
Freo

PS He also played a handful of others games which should count anyway, plus AFL rules are more like wishy washy guidelines so no one will care if you bend them.

Maybe we should just setup a getup petition if we hear that the club asks and is told "no". There'd be a few non vic supporters who'd get behind this and maybe even a few vic would see the sense in this one particular candidate.

Better to just let the club ask first, who knows, they might get a "yes". Once we get a "no", then it's time to get hot and bothered.

Maybe we should just setup a getup petition if we hear that the club asks and is told "no". There'd be a few non vic supporters who'd get behind this and maybe even a few vic would see the sense in this one particular candidate.

The problem would be the North fans who will be upset that Josh Kelly didn't come to them as a father son under the same premise.

Not yet but I would expect us to. I think most here would be pessimistic about our chances of the AFL saying yes though.
I don’t share your pessimism, maybe I’m dreaming but the AFL really like the romance of the F/S pick to the club of origin.
I reckon it’s a real possibility if we deliver the case properly, it’s not like (Otis) - Stephen played 20 or 60 games, he is short by 2 with State of Origin and or SD games of a decent amount to be considered one would hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem would be the North fans who will be upset that Josh Kelly didn't come to them as a father son under the same premise.

Phil played 61 games for North when it was the VFL and 109 for East Perth in the a string WAFL comp at the time.
A case should be made for EP games and he could’ve qualified for WC.
150 games was the cutoff for WAFL games qualification, this rule is heavily slanted against WA and SA teams with players leaving their home states to pursue a football career...... is this really the AFL not just a VAFL.
Same goes for Brayshaw with Mark at Claremont....,,,

Richard Goyder stamps his foot, " look you second rate polo player, make O'Reilly eligible for F & S, else you'll get an RJ up the rear of your moleskins !!!! ".

If we can’t get the f/s... Let’s hope when interviewed next year he lets it be known behind the scenes that he’d like to stay west.

Looking ahead there’s already some KPF being touted in the top 20, maybe that’ll help him slide a little.. unless he has a cracker playing league next year then he’ll jump up considerably

Wouldn’t expect wce to pick him up either as they’ve just loaded up on more forwards. Definitely want this kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Easts want to win the Reserves premiership, right !!!!!. O'Reilly is a "dud" and is kept in the Reserves team all season. Has a very lethargic season ....

Old Easts tanking at the Moss St Aquarium.

Bump.

Any news on this kid?

I just really want to hear about how well he’s doing, dominating and likely to become the next big thing marking forward before we either get turned down by the afl on our request to get him as a f/s or just overlook him in favour of some spud who can’t get on the park. Ahhh good times Freo. Good times.

Bump.

Any news on this kid?

I just really want to hear about how well he’s doing, dominating and likely to become the next big thing marking forward before we either get turned down by the afl on our request to get him as a f/s or just overlook him in favour of some spud who can’t get on the park. Ahhh good times Freo. Good times.
Haggers of all people was talking him up this morning as he is part of the WA u18 team. Not the best source obviously but it is something.

I'll add that it sounded like he had no real idea about non-WA players from the draft but was definitely glowing of Dillan.

Bump.

Any news on this kid?

Looks fat to me. Seen him about 5 times including last weeks game against Swans Seniors/Reserves. Hasn't gone forward from when I saw him last year

Looks fat to me. Seen him about 5 times including last weeks game against Swans Seniors/Reserves. Hasn't gone forward from when I saw him last year

Cool, so do you reckon we’ll get a chance to overlook him as a rookie a la the Gov boys?? Geez I hope so.

One of these I know, my son used to play with him. He has been measuring his kick targets since about 8 or 9 years old. Talented kid, probably a tad on the slow side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back