List Mgmt. Father / Son / Daughter Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah ....and a thousand had Caleb Daniels talent :rolleyes:

Yeah, probably 50 showed the same amount at a lower level as Daniel.

So he had a 1 in 50 chance of making it instead of 1 in 1000.

Well that does it then .....make him a KPP .....with that enormous height advantage he must be an excellent high mark :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm assuming this is just Wayne being Wayne, and you realize that Jarman is still short. He just doesn't compare in size to Daniel, who is S-H-O-R-T.

Yeah, probably 50 showed the same amount at a lower level as Daniel.

So he had a 1 in 50 chance of making it instead of 1 in 1000.
Nonsense argument ......WTF lower level ......how many had his talent at U18 level ..at the draft combine, certainly not 50 ......just one!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm assuming this is just Wayne being Wayne, and you realize that Jarman is still short. He just doesn't compare in size to Daniel, who is S-H-O-R-T.
At least put up a sensible argument .....166cm versus 175 cm .....yeah, make absolutely no difference when you're that short

The only excluding factor is if Hamish thinks he lacks competitiveness
Jarman has competitiveness

His traits are his skill set and his competitiveness - he takes his turn , very good tackler

He's slow and small

Being a father / son and being a Jarman will undoubtedly help his cause

Kid called stengle is probably just as good but will find it harder to get drafted

His traits are his skill set and his competitiveness - he takes his turn , very good tackler

He's slow and small

Kid called stengle is probably just as good but will find it harder to get drafted

:thumbsu:
I think he will probably get drafted because he has a point of difference from a lot of small forwards....defensive pressure...

He's slow and small

There's a LONG WAY to go with Jarman ......but the only thing in his favor is a bloke called Sam Mitchell ....179cm, chubby, slow ....but elite footy smarts

So he has a chance IF he has Sam's work ethic ....and not Darren's work ethic

Nonsense argument ......WTF lower level ......how many had his talent at U18 level ..at the draft combine, certainly not 50 ......just one!

Sigh.

You do know that recruiters haven't just come down in the last shower, right? They've been watching players for decades?

So, Daniel might look great - but players like Fortunato Caruso looked even better.

There's been players like Daniel constantly, and the vast majority don't make it. Good on him that he looks like he will.

So, Daniel might look great - but players like Fortunato Caruso looked even better.

There's been players like Daniel constantly, and the vast majority don't make it. Good on him that he looks like he will.
:p the sad thing is ....you're serious

At least put up a sensible argument .....166cm versus 175 cm .....yeah, make absolutely no difference when you're that short

You know that's FOUR INCHES difference in height, right?

Caleb Daniel is 5' 5" - that's the same height as Daniel Radcliffe. He's as tall as f***ing Harry Potter! He's two inches shorter than Tom Cruise!

He should be celebrated for succeeding when he's so much shorter than others.

Many others have failed and many obviously thought he would too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One 1 number 1 pick has won a Brownlow.

Last 10 Brownlow winners:

pick 20
pick 31 (rookie draft)
pick 40 (F/S)
pick 40 (F/S)
pick 58
pick 3
pick 1
pick 8
pick 43
F/S pre-draft selection

Good history for F/Ss in the 40s! ;)

Before that:

Zone selection
Zone selection
pick 31
Zone selection
pick 18 (pre-season draft)
pick 13
VFL Zone
Zone selection
Pick 79
Zone selection
Un-zoned pick up
Pick 12
Zone selection

How many number 1 picks weren't midfielders though.

You are dead right. Daniel was a standout and we did not want him.
BJ does not fit Hamish's profile.
Not saying we won't take him but I suspect if we do that Hamish will be over-ruled.

BJ is like his dad has a great football brain. Doesn't need to be a burner, he is a Sam Mitchell type of player. At the worst, you have him take over from Eddie Betts when his time is up.

Every year players like Daniel get over looked, it just happens a fact of life. One of my nephews is a real midget but hell he can play football. But considered too small, made CDFC development squad but told he wouldn't go on purely due to his size. He might be 2 cms shorter than Daniel.

I just reread this. He is NOT a midget around 5'5", just short. Got all the tools, his dad is maybe 5'7" on a good day. FTR his dad and I are half bros. I'm taller by at least 3 inches.

Last edited:
There's a LONG WAY to go with Jarman ......but the only thing in his favor is a bloke called Sam Mitchell ....179cm, chubby, slow ....but elite footy smarts

So he has a chance IF he has Sam's work ethic ....and not Darren's work ethic

My info is that Jarman is a definite to be a crow next year and is already taking on feedback from the club on areas of his game they want him to develop this year in the SANFL and that North have been very supportive in developing his game to transition to the AFL and Crows system

My info is that Jarman is a definite to be a crow next year and is already taking on feedback from the club on areas of his game they want him to develop this year in the SANFL and that North have been very supportive in developing his game to transition to the AFL and Crows system
Wouldn't be a very smart move to telegraph that because that would give opposition clubs the knowledge to ultimately make us overpay on his true draft worth....even if he names us as his preferred destination club.
Anymore than a 3rd - 4th round pick would be overs at this stage unless he really tears it up on the field in the run up to the draft and/or surprises athletically at the Draft Combine. JMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back