List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

You never saw a young AJ play did you? If so you would not have made that statement. AJ as a young player had the best hands in the land. Unbelievable the way he got the ball out of packs. DJ's foot skills were better but hell most of you like to run AJ down on this site. By the time the Crows were formed, AJ, CM and TM were on the downside of their careers.
I remember one glorious game where AJ and DJ had more goals than Richmond.

AJ had the sort of awareness and understanding of the game that made sure he never lost a contest. His peripheral vision, quick hands and sharp kick was invaluable. The Jarman genes might not carry enough athleticism to cut it in the future, but only time will tell.

Which kid has the Jarman and Edwards gene's my mouth water's at the thought!

is it edwards sister with DJ or is it AJ & DJ sister with Edwards? I always forget!

I'm pretty sure Andrew and Darren's sister married Tyson Edwards. Great pedigree and I remember reading that one of Tyson Edwards sons sleep with a football every night. I think their oldest boy is about 10 years old.

I'm pretty sure Andrew and Darren's sister married Tyson Edwards. Great pedigree and I remember reading that one of Tyson Edwards sons sleep with a football every night. I think their oldest boy is about 10 years old.

I think you'll find Darren and Tyson are married to sisters. No mixing of the Edwards & Jarman blood.

Speaking of number 10, I heard an unconfirmed rumour last week that Matty Bode's partner is expecting in the new year. I think from memory, he played 101 games but I'm not sure if this takes into account the ones he played for that other mob.

In the paper today it said Mark Bickley has gotten his girlfriend pregnant - *fingers crossed* its a boy! :D haha.

How many games do they have to play for us to be eligible? 100, or 200?
And Scott Welsh's partner had another boy earlier in the year - Sonny Welsh.

How many games do they have to play for us to be eligible? 100, or 200?
And Scott Welsh's partner had another boy earlier in the year - Sonny Welsh.

100 games for the AFC or 200 for a SANFL club (to have been completed by 1990 at the latest). MMC games don't count.

I'll add Sonny Welsh to the list.

Speaking of number 10, I heard an unconfirmed rumour last week that Matty Bode's partner is expecting in the new year. I think from memory, he played 101 games but I'm not sure if this takes into account the ones he played for that other mob.

Only 79 for us, and 29 for Port, so eligible for no one.

Fingers crossed for a Bickley Boy! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find Darren and Tyson are married to sisters. No mixing of the Edwards & Jarman blood.

no I was right just checked it out found an article all about the whole Edwards / McLeod saga and had this

Mrs Edwards, a sister of former Crows greats Andrew and Darren Jarman.

so that's 3 boys all with Edwards and Jarman gene's...... good signs for us!

rutten&baby_large.jpg

check out the guns on Jack Rutten already!

Regarding the Father Son rule, right now Bryce Gibbs should be playing for us because of that rule. Until the AFL screwed us over.

we screwed ourselves, if the Club had just shut up and not sought clarification then no one would have been the wiser a la Brett Ebert and Port, who when they then checked was also not eligible.

The dumbest F/S balls up was Cornes, why the Board would sack a coach with 2 sons (one who was showing talent) one year shy of being able to claim them under our entry allowances (5 years in adminstration, same as West Coast) is baffling, especially given what we got was Robert Shaw.

we screwed ourselves, if the Club had just shut up and not sought clarification then no one would have been the wiser a la Brett Ebert and Port, who when they then checked was also not eligible.

The dumbest F/S balls up was Cornes, why the Board would sack a coach with 2 sons (one who was showing talent) one year shy of being able to claim them under our entry allowances (5 years in adminstration, same as West Coast) is baffling, especially given what we got was Robert Shaw.

Wrong actually, the entire Bryce Gibbs saga was brought about by BigFooty, a thread on this board where Ford Fairlane (IIRC) was the first to put the two and two together that under the qualification period and due to the SANFL counting pre season games Ross Gibbs couldn't have qualified. Rucci then read this from Bigfooty and wrote it up and then the AFL looked into it.

Also, selecting coaches on the basis that there sons might end up good at footy is beyond ridicilous.

Name me a coach who after getting sacked, would be prepared to take on a lesser role at the same club. In hindsight, it was the correct decision as Shaw got us D. Jarman and A. Mcleod which led to the premierships.

we'd have got them anyway, Fud didn't come home to play under a mediocre Fitzroy coach and Freo's attitude towards macca wouldn't have changed any and still would have been traded for. Now, Cavo, he was a Shaw masterstroke.

we'd have got them anyway, Fud didn't come home to play under a mediocre Fitzroy coach and Freo's attitude towards macca wouldn't have changed any and still would have been traded for. Now, Cavo, he was a Shaw masterstroke.

Cornes has stated numerous times he would not have traded Groom for Mcleod ...

Name me a coach who after getting sacked, would be prepared to take on a lesser role at the same club. In hindsight, it was the correct decision as Shaw got us D. Jarman and A. Mcleod which led to the premierships.

The Shaw era also netted us Goodwin, Edwards, Vardy and Johnson. All handy players in our premiership years.

Actually Cornes has stated that he offered to do this but the club said no

FWIW, there is also Matthew Hart, son of Darel, in the NAFC under 16 developmental squad. Although not eligible for FS, like Sam Lee, it would be good to draft them, if they look like being up to scratch, to start building that tradition

My opinion anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back