List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect his boys will choose Carlton if they end up having footy careers. That goddamn camp will just keep on giving for generations.
And they will live in Melbourne and grow up as likely Carlton supporters.

Camp or not Eddie was always going "home" to Melbourne after his career.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Eddie Betts had another son as well the other day, Eddie Betts the 4th
Thanks for the heads up. Eddie Betts IV added to the list.

Wondering if I should start removing sons from the list, once its clear that they haven't been and won't be drafted. Kids like Zac Hart (eligible 2017) and Stefan Jarman (2010) are obviously not prospects that we can look forward to seeing in blue/red/gold in the future.

Thanks for the heads up. Eddie Betts IV added to the list.

Wondering if I should start removing sons from the list, once its clear that they haven't been and won't be drafted. Kids like Zac Hart (eligible 2017) and Stefan Jarman (2010) are obviously not prospects that we can look forward to seeing in blue/red/gold in the future.
Probably, yeah?

And they will live in Melbourne and grow up as likely Carlton supporters.

Camp or not Eddie was always going "home" to Melbourne after his career.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pretty much, though it's also possible they'll support Adelaide due to Eddie playing his best football here or another club because your dad playing for a team doesn't lock a kid into liking them.

Still, the main thing if they're good enough to make sure we offer more than Carlton, though of course, that might prove difficult seeing Carlton is a big Victorian team and the league skews towards big Vic. teams.

Giving your kid your name and adding a number after it is pretty weird
I doubt "the 4th", or IV, is actually part of his name, as per his birth certificate. It's a traditional appendage, indicating that young Edward is the 4th generation of his family to bear that name. We had Gary Ablett Snr & Jnr, this is what it looks like 2 generations down the line.

I've done a bit of housekeeping in the OP. The list at the top of the OP now only contains future F/S draft prospects. Players who have passed their draft-by-date, and players we did actually draft as F/S selections, have been moved to separate lists at the bottom of the OP.

I suspect his boys will choose Carlton if they end up having footy careers. That goddamn camp will just keep on giving for generations.

Sadly, I don’t think Eddie’s son’s are the only one that will be like this. Saw an article a while back that suggested pretty heavily that Kane Johnson’s son would play for Richmond not us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've done a bit of housekeeping in the OP. The list at the top of the OP now only contains future F/S draft prospects. Players who have passed their draft-by-date, and players we did actually draft as F/S selections, have been moved to separate lists at the bottom of the OP.

Also, Tyson Stenglein’s kids would also qualify for West Coast.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why hasn’t the son got a date listed?
Is he too old now?
Article dated 9th June 2012 so young Luke Anthony Modra's birthday would be 12th January 2012.

"Former AFL footballer player, Tony Modra, and his wife Erica, welcomed their son Luke Anthony on January 12. Luke was born prematurely weighing just 1.29 kg (2 pounds 13 ounces), and spent some time in Flinders Medical Centre Neonatal Unit, but he is now at home with his family. Luke Modra joins big sister Hayley, aged 4."

Is there a mother son rule yet? And how do adopted kids work? I assume if players are officially kids parents they'd count. Thinking about Erin Philips kid. Probably won't end up playing enough games.

Article dated 9th June 2012 so young Luke Anthony Modra's birthday would be 12th January 2012.

"Former AFL footballer player, Tony Modra, and his wife Erica, welcomed their son Luke Anthony on January 12. Luke was born prematurely weighing just 1.29 kg (2 pounds 13 ounces), and spent some time in Flinders Medical Centre Neonatal Unit, but he is now at home with his family. Luke Modra joins big sister Hayley, aged 4."

Thanks. Luke Modra now has a date of 2030 attached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back