List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

Connor is eligible now so maybe next year

a1deeffebd134636d0d13f3ed15e8a09

Jackson Edwards (right) with fellow draft hopeful Darcy Fogarty. Picture: Simon Cross

JACKSON EDWARDS ADELAIDE — SON OF TYSON

SANFL Club: Glenelg

Position: Midfielder/half-back/wing

“He is a really motivated young fella who doesn’t leave any stone unturned. His footy itself has been doing the talking. His carnival was really good. He is going to be a real chance to play some league footy with us over the next couple of weeks which is a credit to him. His ball-winning ability and use of it has been outstanding.” - Glenelg talent manager Brenton Hole.

CONNOR MCLEOD ADELAIDE — SON OF ANDREW

SANFL Club: Woodville-West Torrens

Position: Half-back

“He was injured across April with a broken ankle. He has probably been playing (school football) for a month or so and the last couple of weeks with us. He certainly played his best game for the club on the weekend. He is gaining some confidence and fitness as the season unfolds. He plays across half-back. He reads the football really well. He has good evasiveness and awareness.” - Woodville-West Torrens development manager Darren Hams.

Vader can we please have the OP updated to show Jackson Edwards as being drafted. :)

Looking through the list, it appears that Zac Hart and Jeremiah Smart are eligible next year. I've heard a little about Zac, but nothing about Jeremiah. Anyone have any info about the two?
On holiday now. Will do it when I get back.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Hahaha I wonder if Collingwood will let this one slip through their fingers, too...
Will be interesting... Jake Kelly would certainly be in Collingwood's best 22 now and they passed on him. Might be our great development though.... Will if he gets confirmed that Adelaide would take him might so no to being a father son anyway... if he was keen on joining Jake.

Will be interesting... Jake Kelly would certainly be in Collingwood's best 22 now and they passed on him. Might be our great development though.... Will if he gets confirmed that Adelaide would take him might so no to being a father son anyway... if he was keen on joining Jake.

I can't imagine too many players turning down the option of being a father-son (assuming he's grown up a Collingwood supporter and would want to play for them) just on the outside chance that he might just make his way via the draft to one specific club. If he had some direct path to Adelaide (eg if he was f/s eligible for both clubs or was playing some other sport and could come in as a cat B rookie) then he might. But otherwise I doubt he'd risk ending up at Gold Coast or Freo just in the hope of making it to the Crows to play with his brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the way 99% of Collingwood still can't kick a football for s**t, I reckon if Kelly was there he would have been on the scrap heap already.

Given the way 99% of Collingwood still can't kick a football for s**t, I reckon if Kelly was there he would have been on the scrap heap already.
Damn good point. Kelly had a lot of work to do when he first arrived, and while he clearly is the type to put in the hard yards, our player development seems pretty top class

Modra surely has some teeenage kids around the place... should be mandatory dna testing of the state team... in case we can snare one.
Interesting point. Its been suggested by DNA studies that around 5% of presumed fathers are not actually the biological father of a child, so 1 in 20 father/sons may have been wrongly drafted. May even be more at North Melbourne

Really? Who?
I can't recall the exact details or if they are even playing anymore. I just recall it being talked about. It was a vic club.

I also want to say that the player in question was actually the biological son of a VFL player too, but qualified for his adopted father's club.

I can't recall the exact details or if they are even playing anymore. I just recall it being talked about. It was a vic club.

I also want to say that the player in question was actually the biological son of a VFL player too, but qualified for his adopted father's club.
Just looked it up. The rule for only biological sons was softened in 2012 to allow discretion with adopted sons (to stop draft tampering by adopting a 16 year old) but, at least up to 2014, there were no known adoptees drafted or in the pipeline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back