Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to believe, but their are some big knocks on Ben Jarman's disposal, doubt the Hawks would give up a high selection if this is the case.

I see Harry Dear kicked four goals yesterday for Adelaide reserves, I really hope we try and get him in this years trade period.

Straight swap for TOB?;)

After L.Langfords really positive Box Hill debut last week I was wondering if anyone has been keeping an eye on you James? I've seen his name pop up in the best at Xavier a few times. A previous poster claims he's the pick of the bunch..... geez we're due for a gun father / son!!

After L.Langfords really positive Box Hill debut last week I was wondering if anyone has been keeping an eye on you James? I've seen his name pop up in the best at Xavier a few times. A previous poster claims he's the pick of the bunch..... geez we're due for a gun father / son!!
trained with the club recently i beleive

56755525.jpg

Interesting Age article about Ben Jarman..... We're a half chance at least. Unlikely I know, but the lure of footy in Melbourne is attractive to some!
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...herson-options-take-wing-20160612-gphjn0.html
Both clubs would look like promising options I'm sure. Given we have Lovell can we afford to take another really short mid? I'm sure his quality and skills make up for a couple inches in height.

Is apparently very close friends with Ryan Burton too. The fact Ryan chose to sign an extension with us is promising for our chances to keep him long term. I wonder if him being here will influence Jarman's choice?

People (ie. Crows supporters) think he'll pick Adelaide because he lives there and his father was a premiership hero there. Perhaps that might be the reason he doesn't choose them. There will be far less pressure and public/media attention on him playing for us in Victoria than there will for him over in South Australia.

Could be a 50/50 choice.

Both clubs would look like promising options I'm sure. Given we have Lovell can we afford to take another really short mid? I'm sure his quality and skills make up for a couple inches in height.

Is apparently very close friends with Ryan Burton too. The fact Ryan chose to sign an extension with us is promising for our chances to keep him long term. I wonder if him being here will influence Jarman's choice?

People (ie. Crows supporters) think he'll pick Adelaide because he lives there and his father was a premiership hero there. Perhaps that might be the reason he doesn't choose them. There will be far less pressure and public/media attention on him playing for us in Victoria than there will for him over in South Australia.

Could be a 50/50 choice.
Unless his Dad's Brett Burton, I'm pretty sure Ryan's old man played and was a premiership player with North Adelaide and had nothing to do with the Crows. So unless he wants to leave the AFL to be a premiership player in the SANFL, the Adelaide Crows are of no emotional influence to him.

Unless his Dad's Brett Burton, I'm pretty sure Ryan's old man played and was a premiership player with North Adelaide and had nothing to do with the Crows. So unless he wants to leave the AFL to be a premiership player in the SANFL, the Adelaide Crows are of no emotional influence to him.
I'm talking about Ben Jarman's dad and his choice to pick us or Crows as FS :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking about Ben Jarman's dad and his choice to pick us or Crows as FS :huh:
If you're talking about Ben, then I don't know why you're bothering to try and talk up his chances of coming to Hawthorn. He's all but agreed to go to the Crows at this point in time.

If you're talking about Ben, then I don't know why you're bothering to try and talk up his chances of coming to Hawthorn. He's all but agreed to go to the Crows at this point in time.
Nothing official yet.
Until he confirms his nomination, worth a discussion.
Has spoken to the Club. Suspect the Club is waiting to see what he is worth also.

Could be a 50/50 choice.

His father is also a premiership hero here.

Because the article in the post I was responding to written by Emma Quayle who has plenty of credibility as far as drafting is concerned doesn't state that he has all but agreed to join the Crows.

Because things that may affect his decision have changed in the past 12 months (eg. His good mate Burton being recruited by us and signing an extension flagging his intent not to piss off after his draftee contract ends).

Because he may prefer not to constantly be in the spotlight given his name if he joins the Crows.

Nothing official yet.
Until he confirms his nomination, worth a discussion.
Has spoken to the Club. Suspect the Club is waiting to see what he is worth also.
Yeah of course he's spoken to the club. The club contacts hundreds of potential recruits over the space of their u/18 career while they only recruit 8 or thereabouts.

Yeah of course he's spoken to the club. The club contacts hundreds of potential recruits over the space of their u/18 career while they only recruit 8 or thereabouts.
Highly touted youngster and available through F/S. I'd suggest the discussions would have been a little different than the usual pre-draft niceties.

Will most likely stay in SA, but until he announces it, he's a chance.

Because the article in the post I was responding to written by Emma Quayle who has plenty of credibility as far as drafting is concerned doesn't state that he has all but agreed to join the Crows.

Because things that may affect his decision have changed in the past 12 months (eg. His good mate Burton being recruited by us and signing an extension flagging his intent not to piss off after his draftee contract ends).

Because he may prefer not to constantly be in the spotlight given his name if he joins the Crows.
Emma Quayle understands the draft better than most, but doesn't mean she has any more inside knowledge that the rest of us.

Have you ever known any player moving to a club, let alone using their F/S selection, because their mate plays there? It has little to no impact on their decision.

Let's not forget Lachie Whitfield choosing to be traded to the Hawks because his cousin played for Hawthorn though.

Just so the record is clear Ryan Burton's dad was involved with the crows and was even in the coaches box for the 1998 flag.

He stayed and started working for Adelaide in the mid-1990s as an 'observer', watching SANFL games and reporting back to coaches on how Adelaide’s players had gone.

In 1997 he moved into a fitness role under coach Malcolm Blight, and sat in the box on Grand Final day in '98 when the Crows claimed back-to-back premierships. The next season he was a runner under Blight, and he did that until 2003 when Gary Ayres was coach. "You're the angry coach!" a five-year-old Ryan once said to Ayres.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...-that-could-have-ended-ryan-burtons-afl-dream

We are very lucky we got Burton. Must have been a tough choice for the crows not to pick one of their own.

Emma Quayle understands the draft better than most, but doesn't mean she has any more inside knowledge that the rest of us.

Have you ever known any player moving to a club, let alone using their F/S selection, because their mate plays there? It has little to no impact on their decision.

Let's not forget Lachie Whitfield choosing to be traded to the Hawks because his cousin played for Hawthorn though.
Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't, and maybe Ben is all but at the Crows already. But until there is public confirmation there's no harm discussing the topic in an otherwise fairly inactive thread.

I'm not saying he could/will choose Hawthorn on the back of his mate being here. I'm saying both clubs present as very good choices for a talented young mid like him and that Burton being here is merely a factor that is likely to be in our favour. It may only make up 1% of his decision. It may be less or it may be more.

Just so the record is clear Ryan Burton's dad was involved with the crows and was even in the coaches box for the 1998 flag.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...-that-could-have-ended-ryan-burtons-afl-dream

We are very lucky we got Burton. Must have been a tough choice for the crows not to pick one of their own.
Crows had their chance to pick him. Several chances in fact before we took him with our first selection - our highest pick in the draft in 5 years. At a time when we really needed to nail our picks to rejuvenate our list.

I hope Burton remembers all that next time his contract is due to expire and the Crows are no doubt sniffing about.

His dad is Craig Burton, he did indeed play for North Adelaide and has worked at the Crows but never played for them

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2006-08-28/craig-burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back