Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows had their chance to pick him. Several chances in fact before we took him with our first selection - our highest pick in the draft in 5 years. At a time when we really needed to nail our picks to rejuvenate our list.

I hope Burton remembers all that next time his contract is due to expire and the Crows are no doubt sniffing about.
When his dad stopped working for the crows for the first time he became a power fan. He just wants to play footy and doesn't strike me as one to worry about going home he said pre draft he wanted to play in Melbourne as it was the home of footy, but mostly just wanted to play hoped someone would take a chance on him

I went to the SA v Allies game at AAMI last weekend, and I wasn't that impressed with Ben Jarman.
Lacks pace and size. Didn't get a lot of the footy, and had little or no impact.
I believe his game against WA was much better

I went to the SA v Allies game at AAMI last weekend, and I wasn't that impressed with Ben Jarman.
Lacks pace and size. Didn't get a lot of the footy, and had little or no impact.
I believe his game against WA was much better
recruiters would have said the same thing about his dad and uncle

I saw Scott Mcguinness' kid running around in a yr9 Scotch v Melbourne Grammar match a couple of weeks ago, looked pretty good in the midfield, quite tall, quick, a bit of a ball magnet and very nice skills.
Nice. We are overdue for some quality father son options!!! Still waiting to hear some more on young James Langford. The little I have heard is extremely promising.

I saw Scott Mcguinness' kid running around in a yr9 Scotch v Melbourne Grammar match a couple of weeks ago, looked pretty good in the midfield, quite tall, quick, a bit of a ball magnet and very nice skills.
Since when did this thread become about Adelaide's father son options ;)

Hehe. Nice one. But, Maginness is a fine Hawthorn name. Scott and his father, Norm were fine servants of the Hawks. Another generation would be great for the Family Club.
Sorry - you're 100% right. I'm clearly in a "be immediately flippant" mood this morning, rather than actually think! I was thinking of Tony at the crows! I forgot about Scott. He was another of the long sleeves brigade, wasn't he?

Sorry - you're 100% right. I'm clearly in a "be immediately flippant" mood this morning, rather than actually think! I was thinking of Tony at the crows! I forgot about Scott. He was another of the long sleeves brigade, wasn't he?
Correct. Very handy key defender. Thankless role playing full back back in the era of superstar forwards!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. Very handy key defender. Thankless role playing full back back in the era of superstar forwards!!

He was a third tall flanker type.

Langford was the FB and Mew the CHB.

Maginness was tall enough (190cm) to pinch hit as key defender in extremis, but he lacked the body strength to play body on body against a true key forward.

In the 89 GF he had first go on Ablett because Langford and Mew had the talls Brownless and Stoneham to contend with.

Nice. We are overdue for some quality father son options!!! Still waiting to hear some more on young James Langford. The little I have heard is extremely promising.
News filters through every few months or so and he seems to progressing well at this stage. Has been down at the club a bit a well.
Our best hope for a quality father-son in the near future and by all reports looks to be the best Langford of the 3.

I've tried to have a look at Xavier football results and it's not easy (combination of my poor computer skills and lack of patience). Does anyone have any contacts at Xavier which might update us on young James' progress?

So Damian Barrett reckons Ben Jarman looks like coming to Hawthorn as Arelaide think they've got enough of his type and we are keener. It's Barrett so take it with a grain of salt.

So Damian Barrett reckons Ben Jarman looks like coming to Hawthorn as Arelaide think they've got enough of his type and we are keener. It's Barrett so take it with a grain of salt.

Done:

image.jpeg

Isn't he good mates with Burton? Wouldn't mind them tearing it up in the forward line for years to come.

Approximately what pick would we have to give up to draft Ben if he nominates us?
Could we use a few later picks to match if a bid is placed?
Not really sure how F/S works sorry :huh:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back