Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

So poised, wins one on ones against anybody. Just imagine next year when he has another pre season and shoulders. Socks up hard working defender. Letting like likes of Houston, Bergman and Bonner do their thing further up the ground. Mint.
I'm starting to think he will become a gun mid.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm starting to think he will become a gun mid.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Possibly, but with Wines, Rozee, Butters, Drew, Burgman, Mead and Sinn to be moving in over the next handful of years I think we could and should get 80-100 games into him in a back pocket. Similar to Shaun’s apprenticeship, Reyner’s at Brisbane etc.

thought it would go to Butters if the number isn’t retired
We won’t be retiring it. If Motley, Tredrea, Cahil, Wanganeen, Buckleys numbers aren’t retired we won’t start now! It’s even time for the 35 to be brought back into circulation. Who was close to Johnny? Brad, Trav, Robbie, Broggsy, Jacko, The interesting Matty Lobbe?

We won’t be retiring it. If Motley, Tredrea, Cahil, Wanganeen, Buckleys numbers aren’t retired we won’t start now! It’s even time for the 35 to be brought back into circulation. Who was close to Johnny? Brad, Trav, Robbie, Broggsy, Jacko, The interesting Matty Lobbe?
Once Trav retires I think would be the suitable time, everyone who played with him gone. Then give it to an up and coming star/first rounder

Jet. Could be a masterful shut down and rebound defender. Much as I admire Lil Choppy, he wouldn't have kicked 6 on Jase.

But Jase reads the play so well, destined for the midfield.

Great to see the kids putting in the work on their own time.

SPP is working hard with his boxing trainer too.

Jet. Could be a masterful shut down and rebound defender. Much as I admire Lil Choppy, he wouldn't have kicked 6 on Jase.

But Jase reads the play so well, destined for the midfield.

Great to see the kids putting in the work on their own time.

SPP is working hard with his boxing trainer too.
I'm not sure I want him going to the midfield, having his natural smarts and reading of the play down back is something we've lacked.

Good decision makers launching smart attacks from defence has not been in our DNA for awhile.

I'm not sure I want him going to the midfield, having his natural smarts and reading of the play down back is something we've lacked.

Good decision makers launching smart attacks from defence has not been in our DNA for awhile.
DBJ lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we clone him?

Possibly, but with Wines, Rozee, Butters, Drew, Burgman, Mead and Sinn to be moving in over the next handful of years I think we could and should get 80-100 games into him in a back pocket. Similar to Shaun’s apprenticeship, Reyner’s at Brisbane etc.
The best learns their craft in the backline, you then unleash 'em when they have finished their metaphoric apprenticeship.

Yeah Jonathan Brown would remember Peter pretty well. When Johnno wasn't beating the tar out of Josh Carr he was watching Peter take the 2004 Premiership out of Brisbane's grasp in a near Norm Smith performance.
Yes, no disrespect implied to Lord Byron a worthy winner; but I thought St Peter epiphany on our Ascension Day could have been renamed Norm.

Jase having the extra height has given him the chance to develop at half back . Trent is shorter and even at SANFL level had to play small forward even though he’d grown up as a midfielder, his body also stopped him from getting fit enough to play midfield. Rome looks more like Trent , if his body holds up he might be ab to get the miles in his legs and be a mid , wait and see I guess. It’s been a talented family for us the Burgoyne’s , hopefully Shaun’s kids might fall in love with Port now they’re back in Adelaide , although I haven’t heard much about their football prowess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back