Analysis Father Son Selections

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pugz89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ryan O'Keefe was the guest on the podcast 'Trends' this week. Was asked to name a few guns in the making that he has coached and he named Kellett as one of them. Described him as an intelligent footballer - he can do the things you cant teach.
Sounded very promising.
Is he invoked in the AFL academy? Pretty sure Luke Power is the main coach but I guess they'd have assistants etc as well.

Pugz89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He does some work with the academy and the Western Jets.
That's cool. Rebels play the Jets this weekend in wildcard game. Our NGA kid, Josh Rentsch named at CHF, Nick Stevens in the back line.

Also, quite enjoyed Gia on the podcast last week. Interesting hearing him talk about the progression from player to coach among the same group of players.

Hard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's cool. Rebels play the Jets this weekend in wildcard game. Our NGA kid, Josh Rentsch named at CHF, Nick Stevens in the back line.

Also, quite enjoyed Gia on the podcast last week. Interesting hearing him talk about the progression from player to coach among the same group of players.
Would be a tough way to start coaching. Interesting to hear that although he hated wearing the sub vest, it probably helped his transition.

Pugz89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would be a tough way to start coaching. Interesting to hear that although he hated wearing the sub vest, it probably helped his transition.
I remember watching him on the bench, barking instructions during games when he had the vest on. Now he just does it without the vest. Haha

Oliver Gigacz

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Matilda Wood will be eligible for the 2037 AFLW Draft as a father daughter, maybe it's time to start adding father daughters to the original post as there are quite a few father daughters potentially being drafted in the next few years.

I have also been hearing that the AFL is looking to finalise the Mother Son/Daughter requirements in the next 12 months or so. So it also might be worth starting to compile future Mother Son/Daughters. I can't think off the top of my head if any of our AFLW players have any children but it's certainly something to keep in mind looking forward.

Hard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Matilda Wood will be eligible for the 2037 AFLW Draft as a father daughter, maybe it's time to start adding father daughters to the original post as there are quite a few father daughters potentially being drafted in the next few years.

I have also been hearing that the AFL is looking to finalise the Mother Son/Daughter requirements in the next 12 months or so. So it also might be worth starting to compile future Mother Son/Daughters. I can't think off the top of my head if any of our AFLW players have any children but it's certainly something to keep in mind looking forward.
Pretty silly to do that until they make the league a fully fledged season with professional players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryano316

2019 Brownlow Medalist
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Suns
interesting few years coming up for your team in relation to the Father/Son players. Is Oliver Libba a likely selection this year?

dergert

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cal Twomey reporting that likely only Jackson Mead and Finn Maginess will be the only father-sons taken in the draft this year

Looks like Dogs might not be interested in Kellett
Hes lethal on both sides of the body and is quick. He'll go somewhere for sure

Top Bottom