Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Any views on how any of this would change with a cancelled season? More guesswork, increased draft age?
Personally I see the Nab League season staying the same unless we get a huge outbreak between now and the end of the year.

Clubs have enough data already on players it might just effect the late bloomers who should catch the eye the next year anyway if they are any good.

Just a random F/S stat, prior to Thursdays game the last time we had a West/Liberatore/Wallis play in the same game was the final round of the 1996 season and its the first time West/Libba/Wallis/Cordy have played a senior game together, once Hunter gets back we could even make it 5 F/S's in one team which could be some sort of record.

Last edited:
Eligible Father/Sons

Sam Darcy - (2021 Draft)
Kai Dimattina - (2021 Draft)
Kyan Eagleton - (2022 Draft)
Mitchell Croft - (2022 Draft)
Jordan Croft - (2022 Draft)
I know Macpherson and the West twins are all looking likely to be drafted, but any word on how this lot are going?

I've heard literally nothing on Kai, Kyan, Mitchell and Jordan in the last two years. Are they even playing at a high level?

Are the West twins looking likely? I know they were touted as better than Rhylee at juniors but I can't find any mention of them in draft central which usually is pretty thorough, or anywhere else really. Oliver Liberatore was also said to be better than his brother at one point but that didn't end up leading to anything either.

Does anyone have more information regarding the West twins? i.e. when they’re eligible, position, type of player, etc.
Cheers

Are the West twins looking likely? I know they were touted as better than Rhylee at juniors but I can't find any mention of them in draft central which usually is pretty thorough, or anywhere else really. Oliver Liberatore was also said to be better than his brother at one point but that didn't end up leading to anything either.
We would have got an idea if the TAC Cup ran this year as they would play as underage players but then a global pandemic happened...

Edit: We might have the years slightly wrong for the twins this article suggests they are in the 2022 draft pool:

By likely, I just mean they seem on track given they made NAB league teams

We would have got an idea if the TAC Cup ran this year as they would play as underage players but then a global pandemic happened...

Edit: We might have the years slightly wrong for the twins this article suggests they are in the 2022 draft pool:

Pretty sure they played U15 footy in 2018, so wouldn't that make it 2021 draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I heard somewhere that Darcy's son was more into basketball but that was a while ago.
It's hard to get a read on these boys because they play a lot more school footy than rep footy so they don't have the exposure but I think we might need to temper or expectations a bit since I don't think any made the u16 Vic Metro squad.

Looks like they have dropped off the radar between 2018 and now for whatever reason then.
They were both in the 2019 Summer Training Squad for Calder Cannons - http://www.caldercannons.com.au/2019-boys-summer-training-squad/

Were both last playing U17 Strathmore and U16 Calder Cannons in 2019.

So it looks like both have dropped off this year. Unfortunate really. Sounds like only Sam Darcy remains for the 2021 crop, part of Oakleigh Chargers in 2020

A couple years back, I heard Sam Darcy was one huge boy.

Is he any good though?
Playing for Oakleigh Chargers in 2020 as one of the younger group, so must be decent. No idea if that translates into being draftable just yet, considering not even a quarter of the squad are going to be considered in their draft year

He is a part of the squad but I highly doubt Sam Darcy gets a game for Oakleigh this year. Still very much a raw prospect that would struggle against a lot of the top age defenders.
Yeah that's the impression I got - seems he's there for development purposes, with the hope that maybe he'll be in the frame for selection next year. This year has probably done his chances no good :(

Thankfully 2020 is a ridiculously good year for us in NGA/FS, because 2021 probably won't have much. We've been pretty spoiled the last decade (Liberatore, Wallis, Cordy x2, Hunter, Khamis, West, plus Grant in the AFLW)

Well if the West twins aren't aiming for the draft, then we'd be more able to trade a future pick to make sure we have enough currency for Jamarra, Raak, and Macpherson this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back