Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of the OP is there any news on the follow F/S this year and next?

Mitchell Croft - (2022 Draft)
Jordan Croft - (2022 Draft)
Tom Garlick - (2023 Draft)
Max Darcy - (2023 Draft)
Jack Johnson - (2023 Draft)
I did read somewhere a while ago that Garlick's kid is in the WA system, any one got any more info on that?

In terms of the OP is there any news on the follow F/S this year and next?

Mitchell Croft - (2022 Draft)
Jordan Croft - (2022 Draft)
Tom Garlick - (2023 Draft)
Max Darcy - (2023 Draft)
Jack Johnson - (2023 Draft)

Jordan Croft did okay in his bottom age season at Calder. Definitely a 2005 birthday, one to keep an eye on next year. Mitchell chose volleyball.

Jordan Croft did okay in his bottom age season at Calder. Definitely a 2005 birthday, one to keep an eye on next year. Mitchell chose volleyball.
cheeky Cat B for Mitchell

Jordan Croft will take part in the Vic Metro Training Hub at the Hanger
Long way to go but if he does happen to get himself into say first round calculations that leaves us in such a strong position with two first rounders to throw around at mids/defenders and still get a F/S tall - not that we need another tall forward though but hey can never have too many quality talls.

Need to get on the front foot in identifying those players we want to target now

Long way to go but if he does happen to get himself into say first round calculations that leaves us in such a strong position with two first rounders to throw around at mids/defenders and still get a F/S tall - not that we need another tall forward though but hey can never have too many quality talls.

Need to get on the front foot in identifying those players we want to target now
I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if Dom and Sam haven't already got that covered.

Jordan Croft will take part in the Vic Metro Training Hub at the Hanger
Jordan's not on many radars - like Sam Darcy.

The scout who raved about Darcy early in 2021 also loved Jordan's u16 form and he was already a big kid then.

Jordan's not on many radars - like Sam Darcy.

The scout who raved about Darcy early in 2021 also loved Jordan's u16 form and he was already a big kid then.
From memory he’s a big athletic kid with limited production at this point? Does he have the attributes for defence? Would be a godsend if we pulled a highly rated athletic defender on top of our first rounders

From memory he’s a big athletic kid with limited production at this point? Does he have the attributes for defence? Would be a godsend if we pulled a highly rated athletic defender on top of our first rounders

I’ve watched one of his better Calder games. Tall & skinny, played as a KPF. Didn’t get much of it but was effective, kicked 3. Not sure where he lands but definitely happy to have him in the pipeline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I don't give a s**t about the fairness of it. I just don't agree that it's a great tradition. Nothing about it tickles my pickle. If a player ended up playing for his Dad's club organically then that might be a bit more special. When it's effectively guaranteed by policy, and most kids end up playing for their Dad's club, it loses any romanticism in my opinion.
Re "fairness", don't judge the system by a hand full of years. That is a sample bias. Akin to rolling a dice say ten times, and the number '3' happens to come up 4 times. Doesn't make dice an unfair or uneven system. Keep rolling, and in the end the law of averages says all numbers come up close to equally. Same with the father/son rule, given time all clubs have the chance to benefit equally [always assuming they put equal resources and effort into development programs]. The draft is already being turned into some kind of American game show. Lets keep our game, and it's draft, as uniquely Aussie as we can.

Last edited:
Re "fairness", don't judge the system by a hand full of years. That is a sample bias. Akin to rolling a dice say ten times, and the number '3' happens to come up 4 times. Doesn't make dice an unfair or uneven system. Keep rolling, and in the end the law of averages says all numbers come up close to equally. Same with the father/son rule, given time all clubs have the chance to benefit equally [always assuming they put equal resources and effort into development programs]. The draft is already being turned into some kind of American game show. Lets keep our game, and it's draft, as uniquely Aussie as we can.

To whom is this post even directed? All I said about fairness is that I don't care about it.

I don't need you to tell me about sample size, I'm a data scientist so I have a pretty good understanding of statistics, thanks mate.

To whom is this post even directed? All I said about fairness is that I don't care about it.

I don't need you to tell me about sample size, I'm a data scientist so I have a pretty good understanding of statistics, thanks mate.

If you ever switch handle or add an alt account I hope you pick “DataDog”

I’m looking forward to the reply we can expect around April or May given the time between posts and when paulveed quotes them.

I thought you removed blue dust mate. :D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back