Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory

Jacob Smith, son of Bulldogs great Rohan, added to the Footscray VFL list to cover departures (Matt Goodyear) and long-term injuries (Anthony Bruhn). Played three games for the Scrays last year.

dogzrule

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2010
nfa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If the Romero’s are just not pleased with the club for not drafting Michael then they are fools. If they are unhappy, surely there is more to it than that.
fair to say if he had ability to get on an AFL list and Dogs over looked him someone else would have picked him up ?
Maybe just not good enough unfortunately

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
fair to say if he had ability to get on an AFL list and Dogs over looked him someone else would have picked him up ?
Maybe just not good enough unfortunately
I think his mum made a comment on social media saying that the dogs told him to play school footy instead of TAC cup and then overlooked him. I guess the implication is that his development was stifled so the dogs could fly him under the radar.
Not sure how much truth there is to it or whether there is still ill will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his mum made a comment on social media saying that the dogs told him to play school footy instead of TAC cup and then overlooked him. I guess the implication is that his development was stifled so the dogs could fly him under the radar.
Not sure how much truth there is to it or whether there is still ill will.
Doesn't make sense given we haven't done the same with other kids we viewed as 'locks' (Hunter & Rhylee West).

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Doesn't make sense given we haven't done the same with other kids we viewed as 'locks' (Hunter & Rhylee West).
Rhylee is playing school footy over TAC cup and I think Hunter did the same. I think pretty much all private school students do it so to blame the club is a bit of a stretch on Mrs Romero's part

Rhylee is playing school footy over TAC cup and I think Hunter did the same. I think pretty much all private school students do it so to blame the club is a bit of a stretch on Mrs Romero's part
Rhylee is playing champs as well which is the complete opposite of being hidden.

Didn’t we do “something “ with Hunter? I seem to remember something about having him played out of position to work on his defensive game or similar. Could be wrong
He was definitely told to work on his defensive game but was racking up possessions so don't think he was too well hidden.
The only way we could hide Rhylee would be to get Bevo to coach the Jets so he could spend the year focusing on ruckwork.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He was definitely told to work on his defensive game but was racking up possessions so don't think he was too well hidden.
The only way we could hide Rhylee would be to get Bevo to coach the Jets so he could spend the year focusing on ruckwork.
already got Caleb as a backup

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rhylee is playing champs as well which is the complete opposite of being hidden.
Yeah the private school boys play TAC cup when there is no school footy so the first couple of rounds, any byes and the last few rounds plus finals.
Pretty sure Romero played a few games for Calder too so not really anything unusual with his situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back