Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Tory Dickson has a son, Riley, according to A Wink from the Universe (p260).
Don't know how old.
Tory needs 11 more games for Riley Dickson to become eligible.

Can't see him in the list Wizard17 ... is it worth having a "pending" list for players close to 100 games? Just so they don't get forgotten.

Dicko’s kid is about 7 so let’s not get too excited just yet.

According to this article, Riley Dickson was 8 years old in July 2016. That would make him 10 now and eligible for the 2026 draft.

His old man has played 95 games prior to Round 22.

Up to Wizard17 whether he goes on the list yet or not.

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We should make sure he gets those 5 games. I read an article years ago saying that of the (then) current day coaches Kevin Sheedy was the only one who gave consideration to getting a player to 100 games for the potential father son benefit to the club. I think the inference was that if it was one or two games Sheeds would do it, five is probably too many to gift. I thought is was the right thing to do but I think most disagree ? What say you?

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We should make sure he gets those 5 games. I read an article years ago saying that of the (then) current day coaches Kevin Sheedy was the only one who gave consideration to getting a player to 100 games for the potential father son benefit to the club. I think the inference was that if it was one or two games Sheeds would do it, five is probably too many to gift. I thought is was the right thing to do but I think most disagree ? What say you?
Well Bevo seems keen to keep him around and with our dearth of experience, especially up forward, he still has value teaching our young players a few things as well as as a player. For example Ferg Greene said he'd be sticking to Dicko like glue this week after missing a few set shots on the weekend.

Bruce Reid moving to Carlton on 86 games cost us getting his two boys, both very injury prone obviously but good players. It's a tricky one, though.

Dickson brings experience and accuracy to a young forward line. He should get another year.

No coincidence that our two best seasons since 2012 have been with him fit and firing :thumbsu:

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If he plays the final games of season, means he'll only need 3 next year. Given his son does play junior footy, who knows how the future will play out but funnier things have happened.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is making his TAC Cup debut for the Rebels tomorrow.

Would be a good idea to add an NGA section to the opening post if anyone is willing and able.

Ill do a write up later tonight

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dickson brings experience and accuracy to a young forward line. He should get another year.

No coincidence that our two best seasons since 2012 have been with him fit and firing :thumbsu:
I'd be fine with that, but he will need to stay within the 50, no more long leads out to defensive wing. His hammies are completely shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moonshift

Senior List
Sep 22, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What's the current status on our father/sons beyond next year? Oliver Liberatore? Josh Kellett? Daniel Romero? Tyler Kolyniuk?

I know Michael Romero didn't make it, will Daniel fair better?

Wait what? I thought Libba and Kelley were meant to be good
They are good while playing under 16 footy
Too early to call for when they move into tac footy
Club wants them playing as many games as possible

Heard ages ago Ollie is better than Tom

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I saw Kellet play 1 game this year. He looked tiny and his tackles were brushed aside easily. Looked alright whenever he had it though (which wasn't much). Showed good vision, clean hands, pace and almost kicked 1 goal and missed another. He's got a bit to work with, but would only be a rookie chance.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is Ewan MacPherson still rated the best talent among the upcoming crop over the next 3 years?

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 588090 https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/western-bulldogs-fatherson-prospect-ewan-macpherson-named-vic-metro-skipper-for-under16-national-titles/news-story/9e494d50f16d6089d1ad7c8e0620526e

Ewan on the left is bloody huge !
Fairly certain he is on the right.
Looks similar to the Macpherson who was interviewed for the f/s video a few months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back