Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan O'Keefe was the guest on the podcast 'Trends' this week. Was asked to name a few guns in the making that he has coached and he named Kellett as one of them. Described him as an intelligent footballer - he can do the things you cant teach.
Sounded very promising.
Is he invoked in the AFL academy? Pretty sure Luke Power is the main coach but I guess they'd have assistants etc as well.

He does some work with the academy and the Western Jets.
That's cool. Rebels play the Jets this weekend in wildcard game. Our NGA kid, Josh Rentsch named at CHF, Nick Stevens in the back line.

Also, quite enjoyed Gia on the podcast last week. Interesting hearing him talk about the progression from player to coach among the same group of players.

That's cool. Rebels play the Jets this weekend in wildcard game. Our NGA kid, Josh Rentsch named at CHF, Nick Stevens in the back line.

Also, quite enjoyed Gia on the podcast last week. Interesting hearing him talk about the progression from player to coach among the same group of players.
Would be a tough way to start coaching. Interesting to hear that although he hated wearing the sub vest, it probably helped his transition.

Matilda Wood will be eligible for the 2037 AFLW Draft as a father daughter, maybe it's time to start adding father daughters to the original post as there are quite a few father daughters potentially being drafted in the next few years.

I have also been hearing that the AFL is looking to finalise the Mother Son/Daughter requirements in the next 12 months or so. So it also might be worth starting to compile future Mother Son/Daughters. I can't think off the top of my head if any of our AFLW players have any children but it's certainly something to keep in mind looking forward.

Matilda Wood will be eligible for the 2037 AFLW Draft as a father daughter, maybe it's time to start adding father daughters to the original post as there are quite a few father daughters potentially being drafted in the next few years.

I have also been hearing that the AFL is looking to finalise the Mother Son/Daughter requirements in the next 12 months or so. So it also might be worth starting to compile future Mother Son/Daughters. I can't think off the top of my head if any of our AFLW players have any children but it's certainly something to keep in mind looking forward.
Pretty silly to do that until they make the league a fully fledged season with professional players.

Pretty silly to do that until they make the league a fully fledged season with professional players.
If they set it up now, means clubs would want to retain players

Aflw plan on having a heavy extended season this year

interesting few years coming up for your team in relation to the Father/Son players. Is Oliver Libba a likely selection this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey reporting that likely only Jackson Mead and Finn Maginess will be the only father-sons taken in the draft this year

Looks like Dogs might not be interested in Kellett

Is he eligible 2021?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep 2021, he will be a very long term player and more likely as a rookie but still some solid signs

Ugle-Hagan on the other hand will make himself comfortable in the top 3 for the draft this year, looking fantastic today and although he hasn’t kicked a goal he has done some freakish things already, he has an aura about him. Think he will end up around the same size as Buddy in height and frame

Yep 2021, he will be a very long term player and more likely as a rookie but still some solid signs

Ugle-Hagan on the other hand will make himself comfortable in the top 3 for the draft this year, looking fantastic today and although he hasn’t kicked a goal he has done some freakish things already, he has an aura about him. Think he will end up around the same size as Buddy in height and frame
Thanks for the info dps. Are the West twins looking draft relevant at this stage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back