Analysis Father Son Selections

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hopefully the AFL sticks to the same bid matching rules as last year which allowed us to use an unlimited number of picks to accrue the points to match a bid.

We were very lucky with the list reductions that came as a result of the covid impacted season.

If it wasn't for them we would have really struggled just to match the bids on Jamarra and Darcy let alone add Treloar.
Already been ruled out. Going back to usual system of one pick per vacant list spot.

Sam Darcy is THE worst f/s prospect I've ever seen. Why us, or any other club for that matter, would take more than a cursory glance at footage of him, or waste any time in analysing his draft prospects, is beyond me.

Rarely kicks on his left (our preferred criteria for players in recent years), marking so-so, has insta and twitter accounts in fake names to hide the fact that he is dating the daughters/wives/mistresses of seven former VFL/AFL wild boys simultaneously, and really only plays footy as a bit of a lark as his potential acting career looms on the horizon.

Don't get your hopes up everyone, one of the more guaranteed busts in world sport is looming. :smirk:
I’m convinced.

However I still think we should rookie him to give him some pocket money while he waits for his real career to take off.

And also as a thank you to his Dad for putting us onto Bevo in 2014. It’s the least we could do. Shirley.

Sam Darcy is THE worst f/s prospect I've ever seen. Why us, or any other club for that matter, would take more than a cursory glance at footage of him, or waste any time in analysing his draft prospects, is beyond me.

Rarely kicks on his left (our preferred criteria for players in recent years), marking so-so, has insta and twitter accounts in fake names to hide the fact that he is dating the daughters/wives/mistresses of seven former VFL/AFL wild boys simultaneously, and really only plays footy as a bit of a lark as his potential acting career looms on the horizon.

Don't get your hopes up everyone, one of the more guaranteed busts in world sport is looming. :smirk:

Long term prospect.

Speculative at best.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'll cover Sam Darcy as my focus player for this week.

Darcy is definitely at least top-3 for me now. The question I'm now asking myself is whether he should be #1, 2 or 3.

That was easily the most dominant game I've seen from any of the juniors so far this year. If Darcy replicates that level of play, he's beyond question in my mind, my new #1. And as we speak, he's not far off, looking already pretty clearly like this year's most talented and to have the highest ceiling in this draft pool. He's not just ticking the boxes for me, he's emphatically ticking the boxes. From rate of improvement (he has been growing rapidly and may still be growing and his football is coming along in a hurry from all reports of his play prior to this season), to production (has been good all season but yesterday as a key forward was on another level), to points of difference (he's not only tall, but uses his body so well, such a strong mark overhead and a threat on such a level even at his light weight he's drawing free kicks at will, one touch at ground level, creates separation on the lead, so agile, has goal sense and the bonus is because he reads the ball so well in flight he can play key defence and at his height as he gets stronger he could also play some ruck). So he's across the board looking like an absolute monster and one of those talls who fits in that rare category by my assessment.

Knightmares write up on Darcy. He really does sound like a rare mixture of height, athleticism, marking and ground level play. * me we’re lucky at the moment 😂

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Coming from the guy who wants Naughton to play on a wing, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
I really don’t get what people see in his posting. I think people are cottoning on now and starting to really pick holes in a lot of what he posts. I’d go to the draft central guy for views on the kids.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Can't go wrong with eDPS and PMBangers
Oh you're too kind 🥰

Knightmares write up on Darcy. He really does sound like a rare mixture of height, athleticism, marking and ground level play. fu** me we’re lucky at the moment 😂
I will say this for Darcy, he is agile for a big man, but I'm not overly confident of marking him 'athletic' yet, he struggled to get genuine separation on Davies and Morrison on Sunday, moreso beating them with repeat efforts and patterns, which may not be quite as effective at the next level.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I will say this for Darcy, he is agile for a big man, but I'm not overly confident of marking him 'athletic' yet, he struggled to get genuine separation on Davies and Morrison on Sunday, moreso beating them with repeat efforts and patterns, which may not be quite as effective at the next level.

100% agree and it's why I think he'll be better suited as a defender at the highest level.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
100% agree and it's why I think he'll be better suited as a defender at the highest level.
I believe the other way, if your over 200cm and have shown an ability as a forward that should be your role at AFL level. Think he could form a great partnership with English pinch hitting in the ruck. He likely starts down back as he doesn’t have the tank yet to play AFL as a forward but when your 204cm and a threat in the forward half that’s where you have your potential future star of the future, Harry McKay is worth more than Ben for a reason

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh you're too kind 🥰

Thanks, do you see him better as a forward/defender at the next level? Reckon he could develop into a genuine utility? I love the sound of English /Darcy both roaming from FF to FB, sharing the ruck, being a marking target around the ground etc

Edit: answered my question above

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t follow junior footy at all so not having a go at anyone’s assessment. Has the overwhelming majority of Darcy’s performances been in school footy or the main underage competition? Just thinking that getting separation on school kids is different from what he will get at higher levels.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t follow junior footy at all so not having a go at anyone’s assessment. Has the overwhelming majority of Darcy’s performances been in school footy or the main underage competition? Just thinking that getting separation on school kids is different from what he will get at higher levels.
He’s had some really good performances, mainly in defence in the main underage comp, including his bag of 6 on the weekend for Vic Metro. Most of his bags have goals have come in school footy though, but school footy in Vic is pretty strong, I’d say a fair few of the kids hed be coming up against would be in draft contention (could be wrong here if anyone wants to correct me?)

It’s not that he’s put in a large body of work, I mean no vic kids really have. But what has people excited is his rate of improvement and high ceiling with some pretty crazy attributes for a guy his size, which is the main thing you’re looking for in kids this size at this age really

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I believe the other way, if your over 200cm and have shown an ability as a forward that should be your role at AFL level. Think he could form a great partnership with English pinch hitting in the ruck. He likely starts down back as he doesn’t have the tank yet to play AFL as a forward but when your 204cm and a threat in the forward half that’s where you have your potential future star of the future, Harry McKay is worth more than Ben for a reason

Forward, ruck or defence?

This is Bev right now.

1624927551767.png

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Forward, ruck or defence?

This is Bev right now.

View attachment 1166890
Jamarra the old school clear out the 50 FF, Naughty best CHF the game has seen for years. Timmy and Darcy sharing the ruck, dropping in the hole in defence, stretching teams down forward, taking contested marks around the ground.

It’s pretty *ing ridiculous on paper, just need another defender but let’s be honest the ball won’t even be down there

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Jamarra the old school clear out the 50 FF, Naughty best CHF the game has seen for years. Timmy and Darcy sharing the ruck, dropping in the hole in defence, stretching teams down forward, taking contested marks around the ground.

It’s pretty f*n ridiculous on paper, just need another defender but let’s be honest the ball won’t even be down there

Which is why there is Croft.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
We will have f/s prospects rated as the #1 pick for years to come, plus more father/daughters coming through AFLW.

We will be the Walter Lindrum of the AFL, they will modify/create rules specifically to stifle us, then some Jardine wannabe will come along and devise a Bodyline-type tactic to try to contain us. But we are not the Death Star, there is no thermal exhaust port for enemies to exploit. Bevo has learnt from the mistakes of the Egyptians, the Romans, Napoleon, Gough and Malcolm. He is building a new empire, one that will ednure for eons. The Jedi equivalents of our time will be known as the Knights/Knightesses of the Bevo order, and will serve Emperor Bont and his successors.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Back