Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don’t get what people see in his posting. I think people are cottoning on now and starting to really pick holes in a lot of what he posts. I’d go to the draft central guy for views on the kids.

Credit to him for producing the amount of free content he does, but his hyperbole about young KPF prospects in particular borders on ridiculous.

Credit to him for producing the amount of free content he does, but his hyperbole about young KPF prospects in particular borders on ridiculous.

Junior footy is almost a different sport compared to what we see at AFL level with the zoning, defensive tactics, quality of key defenders etc that trying to extrapolate a young forward's 'generational' ability is a fools errand. Even the paid professionals get it wrong, with the likes of Schache, Boyd, Patton, McCartin etc all struggling while Aaron Naughton goes at pick 9 as a key defender and ends up the best of them all.

I don’t think they can touch f/s. There would be an uproar.

Maybe the only thing I could see changing is that you don’t get a discount on points? I think that should happen anyway.

AFL won’t touch the rules in a year where a power club - Pies this year - have a father son pick, especially one touted to go #1

Watch out for other years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jamarra the old school clear out the 50 FF, Naughty best CHF the game has seen for years. Timmy and Darcy sharing the ruck, dropping in the hole in defence, stretching teams down forward, taking contested marks around the ground.

It’s pretty f*n ridiculous on paper, just need another defender but let’s be honest the ball won’t even be down there
Keath and Gardner is a pretty decent combination this year. Add Raak and Croft (if they're any good) as developing talls and it's not a bad group for the long term, with a Keath replacement the only real need

Junior footy is almost a different sport compared to what we see at AFL level with the zoning, defensive tactics, quality of key defenders etc that trying to extrapolate a young forward's 'generational' ability is a fools errand. Even the paid professionals get it wrong, with the likes of Schache, Boyd, Patton, McCartin etc all struggling while Aaron Naughton goes at pick 9 as a key defender and ends up the best of them all.
Harry Mackay also went at pick 10

I’d say a fair few of the kids hed be coming up against would be in draft contention (could be wrong here if anyone wants to correct me?)
Yep you're wrong lol, the good school games he had around April/May were against skinny six footers giving up five inches to Darcy against the schools that were losing every week and would have maybe one player drafted at the end of the year from their entire starting 18.

Obviously playing well helped reduce some of the uncertainty and solidified himself as a potential first rounder, but he wasn't rising up to top 3 because of it.

His BOG in his first NAB League game earlier this year, before he went back to school footy, was the game that shot him up. Then coming back with other good performance in this NAB League game after school footy and now this Vic Metro game was great as well.

School footy is hit and miss, but there isn't much value in beating up on the bottom of the ladder team with nobody being drafted (which he was) whereas every NAB League team out of the 12 in the state might have at least 2-3 being drafted in a year, and the worst players on the field are better than the worst players of a school footy game.

Keath and Gardner is a pretty decent combination this year. Add Raak and Croft (if they're any good) as developing talls and it's not a bad group for the long term, with a Keath replacement the only real need

Don't think the Croft boys will nominate for the dogs as his dad tried to sue the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea of Darcy replacing Bruce long term. Looks like both him and JUH are great kicks at goal which will really help us
So it will be (injury free permitting)
JUH, Naughton and English/Darcy swapping Ruck/Forward for over 10 years
Holly crap.

Don't think the Croft boys will nominate for the dogs as his dad tried to sue the club

Bizarre post, and as others have pointed out, a little research would show he was on the board. He also attends H&A matches regularly, and I've seen him at WO practice matches in recent years. Plus only 1 of the twins is likely to be in the conversation, as the other is not into footy (read back a few pages).

Is Jordan Croft the real deal or another case of a Bulldogs father/son pick being preemptively overrated?

Oliver Liberatore, Ewan MacPherson, Cooper and Kobi West were meant to be guns and better than their older brothers. Didn't quite turn out that way.
All I have heard is in this thread with stevieg1969 saying he is a 'gun' and Moffra saying he's a 'ripper'

I also said he is currently playing EDFL Div 2 U16s and any further judgements need to wait until he enters the U18 NAB system.
Thanks for that, fingers crossed he makes it :rainbow:

I also said he is currently playing EDFL Div 2 U16s and any further judgements need to wait until he enters the U18 NAB system.
From that I am taking that you are saying he is an absolute gun, guaranteed No 1 draft pick and will be the first defender since Wanganeen to win the Brownlow. Great days ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back