Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
You in the VIP section as usual hey?
VIP ? Family members, a couple of old mates, the big bloke in front of us who doesn't like bad language and lets you know it, particularly when his wife and kiddies are with him, the wag a few rows back ("drag Lake, bring on Harris" and "Mitchie doesn't miss")., the 3 older couples who bring along their home made biscuits and cakes for half time and say "see you next week" as they leave. Yep, the VIP section.

VIP ? Family members, a couple of old mates, the big bloke in front of us who doesn't like bad language and lets you know it, particularly when his wife and kiddies are with him, the wag a few rows back ("drag Lake, bring on Harris" and "Mitchie doesn't miss")., the 3 older couples who bring along their home made biscuits and cakes for half time and say "see you next week" as they leave. Yep, the VIP section.
Cultural :)

Reconciliations. On Sunday, a Caleb Daniel body length away from me sat Scott West. His arms and shoulders are impressive. A few rows down were Brian Lake and, one for the oldies, Ray Walker. A past players function beforehand ?
I walked past the past players room, and there was Brian Lake in there. Is he still friends with Cooney.

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
I walked past the past players room, and there was Brian Lake in there. Is he still friends with Cooney.
Dunno about that but Cooney continues to upset me. He had off-field character, the way he looked after his step daughter when she was ill, that all-nighter in the hospital. But for that knee, he'd have become a Great of the Club, up there with Grant, Hawkins, Whitten. Instead the poor bloke ended up at Essendon. That's bad enough but he got there immediately post drug/Hird.

Peter Box never reconciled with the club and I don't blame him.
Brad is on 6pr perth regularly and definitely loves the doggies.
Perhaps reconciliation with past hierarchy is a separate story.

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Brad is on 6pr perth regularly and definitely loves the doggies.
Perhaps reconciliation with past hierarchy is a separate story.
Interesting bloke, Hardie, ahead of his time, who ever heard of stocky back pocket players kicking goals in hte early - mid 80s ? Gee we had some good Western Australians in that era, Purser, Daniels, Sewell. Like you, adornments of the Club.

Interesting bloke, Hardie, ahead of his time, who ever heard of stocky back pocket players kicking goals in hte early - mid 80s ? Gee we had some good Western Australians in that era, Purser, Daniels, Sewell. Like you, adornments of the Club.
Whoever was recruiting then was a friggin genius :p

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

KYAN EAGLETON​

Scotch

Kyan Eagleton will be a key player in Scotch’s midfield. Picture: Emma Brasier

Kyan Eagleton was a mainstay in Scotch’s midfield last season and 2022 will be no different.

A strong prospect on West Adelaide’s list, he has a high work rate and the ability to hit every area on the park by foot.

“Kyan’s a really hard working midfielder,” Nelson said.

“He can push hard forward, he’s explosive and is very good by foot.”

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

KYAN EAGLETON​

Scotch

Kyan Eagleton was a mainstay in Scotch’s midfield last season and 2022 will be no different.

A strong prospect on West Adelaide’s list, he has a high work rate and the ability to hit every area on the park by foot.

His old man would be handy in our side right now.

Bulldog in Kiev

Senior List
May 22, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hopefully he is going better than Scotch, they got flogged by nearly 30 goals Rd 1!!
West Adelaide have a good U18, so be interesting to see how he goes there. One of my all time faves was Nathan, still loves the dogs too

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Shane O'Sullivan, primarily.
Shane joined the club in 1982 but wasn't it as General Manager, rather than recruiting ? He'd been acclaimed at Carlton. He stayed until 1987, that wasn't a bad era. His younger brother, Gary became involved in v, 1982 - 1987 although - 1987

KYAN EAGLETON​

Scotch

Is that Sy

KYAN EAGLETON​

Scotch

Thankyou, Legend. Is that St Ignatius he's playing against ?

The old bald eagle, eh ? He was the ugliest bloke on the list. There's hope for all.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hopefully he is going better than Scotch, they got flogged by nearly 30 goals Rd 1!!
West Adelaide have a good U18, so be interesting to see how he goes there. One of my all time faves was Nathan, still loves the dogs too
I've been digging around. I can't find any stats of young Eagleton in the SANFL or local leagues.

The SA school league haven't uploaded goal kickers or bests yet.

Back