Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

At the game last night someone who sits near me was saying that Rhylee West was doing really well at Under 16 level and making representative teams. Sounded promising. Someone on here may know more on this.

At the game last night someone who sits near me was saying that Rhylee West was doing really well at Under 16 level and making representative teams. Sounded promising. Someone on here may know more on this.

Well he made the Vic Schools squad last year.

I imagine that he has made Vic Metro this year.

Tom De Koning, son of ex-Footscray big man Terry, kicked 9.0 for the Dandy Stingrays yday. And he's yet another kid from Mt Martha juniors.

Tom De Koning, son of ex-Footscray big man Terry, kicked 9.0 for the Dandy Stingrays yday. And he's yet another kid from Mt Martha juniors.
Terry didn't play 100 did he?

With Josh Wallis showing a lot of improvement in the vfl, do we think the club would consider drafting him now?
huge chance he could be rookie selected
spent the whole off season training with the club and his bro
he never took footy seriously till this year

Just out of interest I was at metricon on saturday watching the suns get pantsed by melbourne, and I paid a lot of attention to Macpherson and Grant.

Macca is basically a honeychurch type of player, tackled hard and well and gave multiple efforts, but scrappy rushed disposals and not much run and carry. but didnt go in hands and knees so much like honeychurch. Hard to judge him one senior game, but yeah, honeychurch, more or less.

Grant played a very very typical Grant game. Jogged around at half pace and did well by hand when he got the ball, but didnt fight tooth and nail to win a contested ball, nor run his guts out to provide options.

Add Flynn Atkins to the list. Not sure what year though.
His dad's article on the westernbulldogs website says he hope his son plays for dogs one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the upcoming womens competition, do you think they will honour the little known father/daughter rule?
More than likely since it's just another pathway for women to get into the sport.

Why are both Bob's sons called Jarvis? Does he really like Pulp that much?

Also how are our 2018/19 boys tracking so far, does anyone know?

Rhylee West (2018) made the Vic Schools team last year and the Cannons this year.

Have to wait a little while before finding out if he made Vic Metro for the upcoming U16 champs next month.

Oh I fully expect us to have many by the time Rhylee is getting regular games, but just making the point that in the unlikely even that we still don't have one, and he's the boy to get us one, in that situation where he is the greatest hero I've ever known and I should be doing nothing but screaming his name - part of me will still think "RHYLEE??? * that's a bad name".