Father/Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Might mean Rocky has to give up the No.38 in years to come.
Doesn't always work that way, Josh Clayton took #19 when the old mans #40 was free. [before being given to rookie Hammelmann]

Here is a write up on Brisbane's potential Father/Sons for 2015 from Paige Cardona on Bound for Glory

"Brisbane will also get another chance to call out Tyler Roos’ name, after all 18 clubs opted to bypass the skinny 18-year-old last year.

Roos has returned to the Sandringham Dragons as a 19-year old this year, and after a full pre-season in the gym and access to Melbourne’s training facilities is cutting an imposing figure, notably bigger and stronger in his second year in the system.

The Lions will also have access to Daniel Rendell, son of Collingwood recruiting manager Matt. Matt played 164 games for Brisbane over 10 years, captaining the club from 1985-1987, winning the Lions’ best and fairest in 1982 and 1983, while twice being named All-Australian.

His son Daniel is a key position prospect, predominantly a ruckman who can go forward with a presence. He’s got some aggressive qualities, but is still raw in aspects of his game. He’ll be the number one target up front for the Dragons this year, and will benefit from top-line 19-year-olds Roos and Tom Wilkinson giving him premium service."

Will be interesting to watch how Rendell goes this year.

Here is a write up on Brisbane's potential Father/Sons for 2015 from Paige Cardona on Bound for Glory

"Brisbane will also get another chance to call out Tyler Roos’ name, after all 18 clubs opted to bypass the skinny 18-year-old last year.

Roos has returned to the Sandringham Dragons as a 19-year old this year, and after a full pre-season in the gym and access to Melbourne’s training facilities is cutting an imposing figure, notably bigger and stronger in his second year in the system.

The Lions will also have access to Daniel Rendell, son of Collingwood recruiting manager Matt. Matt played 164 games for Brisbane over 10 years, captaining the club from 1985-1987, winning the Lions’ best and fairest in 1982 and 1983, while twice being named All-Australian.

His son Daniel is a key position prospect, predominantly a ruckman who can go forward with a presence. He’s got some aggressive qualities, but is still raw in aspects of his game. He’ll be the number one target up front for the Dragons this year, and will benefit from top-line 19-year-olds Roos and Tom Wilkinson giving him premium service."

Will be interesting to watch how Rendell goes this year.

60285770.jpg

That Tyler Roos might be a little less speculative this season.

Poor Paige. She cops a bit of unfair heat around here. Yes, She pumps up everyone but she's quite knowledgeable. Far from the worst around here.

Yeah she gets a bit too emotionally invested at times, but she does her homework (albeit largely limited to TAC cup). You have have to read her stuff with a bit of perspective - no different to so called Draft "experts" at the Herald Sun.

The dislike for her from a couple of posters seems a bit irrational and/or personal.

Last edited:
Let's keep focused on father/son discussion here. If people want to be ungrateful about someone writing lengthy player profiles in their free time they can do it elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:confused:

I remember the trio of Pert, Roos, Osborne in the early 1980s. Whilst Pert and Ossie seemed to fit perfectly into senior football and showed amazing flair and confidence Roosy seemed to struggle. It took almost two seasons before he found his position and discovered the confidence to be a senior footballer. Maybe his son will be the same although, to be honest, I have never seen him play.

I remember the trio of Pert, Roos, Osborne in the early 1980s. Whilst Pert and Ossie seemed to fit perfectly into senior football and showed amazing flair and confidence Roosy seemed to struggle. It took almost two seasons before he found his position and discovered the confidence to be a senior footballer. Maybe his son will be the same although, to be honest, I have never seen him play.
Gee your memory is different to mine, I always thought Roos and Pert were guns frm day one, Ossie was my worry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back