Father/Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dude, you are overeacting. You said it yourself right at the start "I haven't been around long enough to understand".

So I explained how the Casey Voss thing has literally been a thing here since he was a toddler which you then said wasn't your observation.

So then I simply invoke YOUR OWN disclaimer to say "yeah, it was indeed before your time" and then suddenly you claim you are being put down and that I am asserting my superiority... for saying the same thing as you. That's not you "engaging", it's escalating.

Sorry man, but in this case, any idea of "being put in your place" exists in your head. That is not what has happened here at all. Like I said, it was a throwaway line referencing a potential ironic situation on the horizon, and you've (admittedly unintentially) made a mountain out of a molehill. You've obviously got a preexisting opinion of me and it shaded your judgement in this case. iBeng and Scubaveg clearly saw it in the right light.

Try rereading it without the assumption I am being an arsehole and see if it comes off in a better light, because I genuinely wasn't.

Let's move on from exhausting ourselves over something that really could have ended at post #486
I really don't keep a mental track of peoples posting history when I'm in a discussion. I didn't think you were being an arsehole until you threw in the wink emoji and referenced my join date.

Ok, so I wasn't around in 2001 to read people posting about their hopes and dreams for toddler Casey Voss.

Instead of referencing my join date and tell me i'm pulling at to many threads for a throw away line, explain in a little more detail it was a throw away line and that there was a lots of posts about Casey Voss before 2015. Because anyone reading these threads since 2013 would have little idea that there were hopes and dreams for Casey from members here prior to last year.

I was playing nice and had no preexisting idea of where the conversation would go before post #498.

Happy to leave this conversation here now.

Will Ashcroft no longer in the Suns academy, with the family having moved to Melbourne last year.

Now in the Vic U15 squad, and I would imagine will be in a NAB league team next year.

This year will see the final running of the AF U15 batch of games with next year seeing the renaming of U15 to U14 but the U12's will continue.

The bulk of these kids were born in 2004.

Here is Victoria's squad for 2019:

Corbin Anderson, St Joseph’s College, Echuca
Will Ashcroft, Brighton Grammar School
Charlie Barnett, Goulburn Valley Grammar School, Shepparton
Jhye Clark, Saint Ignatius College, Geelong (Drysdale)
Max Clohesy, Notre Dame College, Shepparton
Blake Drury, Caulfield Grammar School, Wheelers Hill
Carlos Egan, Maribyrnong Secondary College
Harry Flynn, Aquinas College, Ringwood
Felix Fogaty, Ballarat Clarendon College
Zachary Greeves, Caulfield Grammar School, Wheelers Hill
Cooper Harvey, Parade College, Bundoora
Matthew Jefferson, Wesley College, Glen Waverley
Noah Long, St Joseph’s College, Echuca
Nicholas McLarty, Yarra Valley Grammar, Ringwood
Joseph Mezzatesta, Robinvale College, Robinvale
Paul Pascu, Penola Catholic College, Broadmeadows
Matthew Payne, Maribyrnong Secondary College
Brody Pope, Horsham Special School
Jonti Schuback, Catholic College Sale
Matthew Stephenson, Manor Lakes P-12 College, Wyndham Vale
George Stevens, Emmanuel College, Warrnambool
Will Tanner, St Kevin’s College, Toorak
Elijah Tsatas, Wesley College, Glen Waverley
George Wardlaw, De La Salle College, Malvern
Nicholas Watson, Rowville Secondary College

Emergencies:

Ted Clohesy, St Joseph’s College, Geelong (Newtown)
Jesse Davidson Lopo, Rosebud Secondary College
Sam Rogers, Maribyrnong Secondary College
Charlie Vallelonga, Bellarine Secondary College, Drysdale

Coach: Sean Kavanagh.
Assistant coach: Duncan Ireland.
Team manager: Craig Kelly.

Key names:

Cooper Harvey (Brent.)
Will Ashcroft (Marcus.)

This group of players will be eligible for the 2022 AFLM Draft.​

That would put us in a good position you’d have to think.
Yup.

From the reports I've read, the kid is a gun. Hope he keeps tracking along.

Hugh and Berry, and the rest of our recent draftees should be hitting their prime by 2022, and we should hopefully be a genuine top four team, making us very attractive.

If the points system and bidding is still around in 2022, and Will looks like a top prospect, wouldn't be a bad idea to use our first pick in a trade the year before or that trade period if possible.

L

I get the impression all going well with his operation we will be taking Lachlan..

In this week's episode ...
The guys are joined by Brisbane recruiting manager Stephen Conole, who gives his take on the 2019 draft pool and the type of players on Brisbane's radar, an update on the club's Academy and father-son prospects, the back stories to their recent draft selections and whether the 'coupling' factor is important in their recruiting.

Episode guide

1:35 – Is the Lions' season ahead of the plan?

4:45 – Conole gives his take on this year's under-18 crop, and why the skill level of the championships was down.

10:15 – A look at Brisbane's Academy prospects for this season, plus news of an injury blow to a father-son candidate.

14:25 – We get the inside look on why Brisbane traded up the order to select Noah Answerth last year, and how close they were to drafting him in 2017.

19:30 – Did Jarrod Berry and Charlie Cameron factor into the Lions' drafting plans last year?

21:50 – How has Conole rated No.1 pick Cam Rayner's second season at AFL level?

24:30 – The Lions' pleasant surprise at Oscar McInerney's impact up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DJ's son named in the Olympic Basketball squad...

The Boomers Tokyo 2020 Olympic squad features seven athletes who competed at the 2016 Rio Olympics: Ingles, Mills, Aron Baynes (Toronto Raptors), Ryan Broekhoff (NBA free agent), Matthew Dellavedova (Cleveland Cavaliers), Chris Goulding (Melbourne United) and Brock Motum (Galatasaray, Turkey).

Five players are receiving their first call to the senior men’s national team squad, including Josh Green (Dallas Mavericks), Will McDowell-White (Rio Grande Valley Vipers), Will Magnay (New Orleans Pelicans), Duop Reath (Crvena Zvezda, Serbia) and Matisse Thybulle (Philadelphia 76ers).

The Boomers squad also has nine NBL players, including Adelaide rookie sensation Josh Giddey and 36ers teammate Isaac Humphries, while there are three players from strong European leagues.

Thybulle is Australian. How did I miss that.
Good, it wasn't just me.

The Aussie kids going over there and getting drafted already throw off my radar, but add in when they weren't born here - they grew up here - it's hard to keep track of them.

Who’s who coming through the Queensland ranks

We spoke with Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast SUNS Academy teams to compile the list of the top talent coming through the Queensland ranks:
Brisbane
1. Jaspa Fletcher

Club: Sherwood
Son of Adrian. He plays inside, wing or forward. Possesses great game sense and decision making. Deadly around goals either distributing or kicking them himself.

Eligible in 2022 I believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back