Father son's coming up

Remove this Banner Ad

big_bad_blue

Senior List
Apr 8, 2007
mars
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone know of any Carlton father son's coming up next year or the coming 2-3?

I am still hanging out for a few SOS's in the team? where are the 3 boys at?

Did you just steal my thoughts or did you read teh exact thing i wrote in another thread :eek:

Jack Silvagni is about 9 or 10 I think.

& even at that age if he ran out in the no.1 jumper & went down to defence the maggies forwards would cry knowing they would kick even less goals against us.

mentally soft team against us, this would just set them back even further !

ctacp
curlier than a catoggio pube

What became of Greg Williams, Wayme Johnston and Ken Sheldon's sons?
Jake Williams and Tomi Johnston not quite up to it, pretty light on, and once we passed on them, no other club took a punt either.

Sam Sheldon was snapped up with a late pick by the Lions, after Carlton passed up on taking him father/son.

IIRC one of the boys is playing with the Ants?? I think they were close to being late draft selections, but just fell short. Now our list is jumping forward, they would need to have some stellar VFL years to get taken as more mature rookies I would suggest.

Sam Sheldon plays for the Brisbane Lions

i am pretty sure he is still on the rookie list!!

He's on our main list. Injury prone season, but very good feedback from Lions posters who have watched him play in reserves.

A couple of months back I heard Mickey McGuane talking up Jimmy Buckley's boy on Sport 927 as real prospect. I think he was selected for the Vic. U 15 team.

Does anyone else have any more definitive details about him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally a place on the internet I can talk about 10 year old boys and not get in trouble. :p

I think it may be a little early to line-up SOSOS for a Carlton jumper. If he is the second-coming of Steve, though, we're in great shape. Walker should be vacating the #1 jumper about the time we'd be drafting him, too!

Finally a place on the internet I can talk about 10 year old boys and not get in trouble.

Herbert_(Family_Guy).JPG

Holy moley!!!!

Finally a place on the internet I can talk about 10 year old boys and not get in trouble. :p

I think it may be a little early to line-up SOSOS for a Carlton jumper. If he is the second-coming of Steve, though, we're in great shape. Walker should be vacating the #1 jumper about the time we'd be drafting him, too!

Quality. :thumbsu:

Anyone got any more info on Jimmy Buckley's boy?

A couple of months back I heard Mickey McGuane talking up Jimmy Buckley's boy on Sport 927 as real prospect. I think he was selected for the Vic. U 15 team.

Does anyone else have any more definitive details about him?

Name's Dylan Buckley. About 15. Plays for a junior club in Fitzroy I think and the club have pretty high hopes for him

Name's Dylan Buckley. About 15. Plays for a junior club in Fitzroy I think and the club have pretty high hopes for him

Cheers for that. If he is like Jimmy at the same age, he would be very small and cheeky but incredibly fast and elusive. I played a fair amount of footy against Jimmy as a teenager and he was very good at that age.

Do you have details on his height and build?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back