Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I loved Ridley Jacobs

Had one pretty good tour of Australia when the team was really struggling

ridley-jacobs-west-indies-30-may-1999-HXE308.jpg

Inzamam was 6'3 high and 6'3 wide, which meant that he really struggled to keep his balance at times.

When Inzamam goes to the cinema, I'm led to believe that he takes up 2 seats - one at each end of the aisle.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
When Inzamam goes to the cinema, I'm led to believe that he takes up 2 seats - one at each end of the aisle.

Greatest Inzaman incident. An Indian spectator brings a megaphone to the game and repeatedly calls him a "fat potato" - he takes it poorly

Greatest Inzaman incident. An Indian spectator brings a megaphone to the game and repeatedly calls him a "fat potato" - he takes it poorly

Hahaha now THIS is good areas! And pleased to see UN Peacekeeper Steve Bucknor calming things down.

Tyberious Funk

Premiership Player
May 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
1642050617302.jpeg

Warwick Armstrong was so large they actually keep one of his shirts on display the the MCG Museum... Apparently he was in the ballpark of 130kg give or take. He tried to lose weight during the boat trip to England for an Ashes tour but ended up putting on MORE weight.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
How could you leave out poor Colin Milburn. He could have eaten Gatting and Boony for lunch. Great personality. If it hadn't been for his accident he would have been a star.
View attachment 1309755View attachment 1309762

Yes, it was a loss to cricket when Milburn lost an eye in that car accident. He had a couple of years playing for Western Australia in the Sheffield Shield and impressed everyone with his power hitting and made some huge scores. I saw him make 129 in very quick time at Adelaide Oval one day, he was one powerful unit.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
View attachment 1310249

Warwick Armstrong was so large they actually keep one of his shirts on display the the MCG Museum... Apparently he was in the ballpark of 130kg give or take. He tried to lose weight during the boat trip to England for an Ashes tour but ended up putting on MORE weight.

He played VFL for South Melbourne as well. Apparently when he began his Test career he was fit and athletic at 10 stone, and it ballooned out to 22 stone at the end of his career.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Ian Redpath would have to be in there. Most of him was adam's apple.
I notice they've finally updated his CricInfo profile picture.

His old one looked like Freddie Mercury in his final days. Felt a bit macabre to be honest.

Back