Current Fatty Craig Minogue - Russell Street Bomber to face trial for historic abductions and rape

Remove this Banner Ad

* 23/05/2019 Craig Minogue and Peter Komiazyk have been charged with 38 historic violent abductions and rapes offences.

Russell Street bomber Craig Minogue has refused to hand over his DNA to police investigating historical charges of kidnapping and rape, a court has heard.

Minogue and Peter Komiazyk were charged last night over the violent rape and abduction of two teenage girls in the 1980s after DNA swabs taken from the victims were matched to the two men as well as Russell Street bombing mastermind Stan Taylor, who died in Melbourne Hospital while serving a life sentence in October 2016.

Mr Komiazyk refused to appear in court at a filing hearing at Melbourne Magistrate’s Court today.

Prosecutor Stephen Devlin said Minogue, who is currently serving a life sentence for his role in the 1986 blast at the Russell Street Police headquarters which killed police officer Angela Taylor and injured 22 others, had denied a police request for additional samples of his DNA.

“Police wanted to obtain an additional sample,” he said. “Which has been refused by Mr Minogue.”
Police will apply for the DNA when Minogue fronts court over the historical allegations on June 14.

Mr Komiazyk has been under police surveillance since 2017 after police allegedly matched his DNA to swabs taken from the victims.

Police have laid charges over two alleged abductions and rapes, the first in 1985 involved a woman being abducted from South Yarra and assaulted and returned to a street in Richmond. The second alleged abduction and rape took place on March 26 1986 in Nunawading — the evening before the Russell Street explosion.

When the explosion occurred the alleged victim, then 19, was inside the complex making a complaint about the attack.
Four people were arrested over the Russell Street bombing: brothers Craig and Rodney Minogue, Stan Taylor and Mr Komiazyk, who then went by the surname Reed.

Mr Komiazyk has been under police surveillance since 2017 after police allegedly matched his DNA to swabs taken from the victims.

***********************************************************************************************

The Russell Street bomber has been tweeting his defence via voice messages from prison.

And Corrections Victoria did not know about it.

EXCLUSIVE: Russell Street bomber Craig Minogue is tweeting voice messages from prison
08/05/2018

minogueeend-600x400.jpg

NEIL MITCHELL EXCLUSIVE

Neil Mitchell today revealed Craig Minogue created a Twitter account in late April and has since published 13 tweets.

Several of the tweets include links to audio of Minogue talking via a recorded phone call.

In the audio, Minogue claims he should have been released in 2016.

The convicted killer encourages feedback and even suggests he might start a podcast.

Minogue, now 56, has been in jail for more than 30 years for the 1986 bombing, which killed one person and injured 22 others.

Neil Mitchell said the account needs to be shut down.

“The is a convicted prisoner using technology to fight for his release,” Neil Mitchell said.

“He’s trying to turn himself into a celebrity prisoner, and that should not be allowed.

“In my view this needs to be closed down quickly.

“I’m surprised Corrections Victoria did not know about it. The government will not be happy about this.”

https://www.3aw.com.au/exclusive-ru...nogue-is-tweeting-voice-messages-from-prison/

In other news, Minogue today just won a case against the state of Victoria in the High Court.

Dont forget he killed a guy in prison just to be top dog. Narcissistic and psychopathic behaviour

He's got the Victorian Gov't in a spin and dancing to his fiddle, what a menace. Just because he may be able to apply for parole though doesn't mean he'll get it, he obviously hasn't reformed ... if there is any such thing or possibility of for a person of that particular bent.

Minogue has been been charged over historical rapes and abductions.

Minogue as well Peter Komiazyk were charged last night over the violent rape and abduction of two teenage girls in the 1980s after DNA swabs taken from the victims were matched to the two men as well as Russell Street bombing mastermind Stan Taylor, who died in Melbourne Hospital while serving a life sentence in October 2016.

Police have laid charges over two alleged abductions and rapes, the first in 1985 involved a woman being abducted from South Yarra and assaulted and returned to a street in Richmond. The second alleged abduction and rape took place on March 26 1986 in Nunawading — the evening before the Russell Street explosion.

When the explosion occurred the alleged victim, then 19, was inside the complex making a complaint about the attack.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...s/news-story/a2b57bab47ed5f7cfd8ecc6e8a40e383

I might need to do some more reading. Having always missed the motive I'd made the assumption the targets were in general the police.

Was it ever suggested someone else inside the complex at the time making a complaint may have been the target?
I tend to think the police were the target only because I would struggle to fit a timeline around this

The second alleged abduction and rape took place on March 26 1986 in Nunawading — the evening before the Russell Street explosion.

For them to have known the victim was inside the station, then get the materials, just doesnt fit for me.

I tend to think the police were the target only because I would struggle to fit a timeline around this

The second alleged abduction and rape took place on March 26 1986 in Nunawading — the evening before the Russell Street explosion.

For them to have known the victim was inside the station, then get the materials, just doesnt fit for me.

Agree but ... what a coincidence? I don't know much about the trial but was he prosecuted on the motive of a general hatred of police do you know? Because this could get complicated.

Very curious as to why the Nunwading victim was in Russell Street making the complaint? o_O

Agree but ... what a coincidence? I don't know much about the trial but was he prosecuted on the motive of a general hatred of police do you know? Because this could get complicated.
Wasn't it payback for Jensen? Or was that the Silk-Miller thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that. So someone reports to their local and they were sent in to Russell Street or taken over there do you know?

I'd dare say she would have reported it at her local police station (or '000' call and a div van would have come to her), detectives would have been contacted and she would have been brought to Russell Street for a statement. Highly unlikely once it was reported they would have let her make her own way there.

Although 'The Age' is saying the second victim went to Russell Street to report the attack the day after it happened (the day of the bombing). Does not really clarify if she made her own way there and it had not been reported yet or what exactly the circumstances were.

Angela Taylor gets no parole. Although he is no genius Minogue realised after killing Tsamakis that he was doomed to a life in high security prison as a young "top dog" heavy, unless he changed.
He lost weight and studied , always eyeing that possible release date and citing his education as proof he had reformed.
In retrospect he would have been better off claiming to have repented and found Jesus , winning over church groups and influential people for his campaign to be released as others have done in the past. Already one of the most despised prisoners in Victoria, he was resented and mocked for his pretensions to the intellectual class and his insistence on being called "Doctor".
However there was a school of thought amongst some left wing do gooders that he had proven his rehabilitation and should be released. This latest smear has dashed any support he once claimed , even the crony who was running his twitter account seems to have abandoned him.
Destined to rot out the rest of his days in jail now, and should be thankful that sadly the death penalty is no more.

Minogue is a terrorist who should rot inside for life

BUT the retrospective banning of parole i do not agree with, he should have the right to apply for parole.

It may all be moot however, sounds like he’s up for plenty more time when they get his DNA.
Staggered that your DNA isn't recorded as a matter of course when you enter the prison system.

They're to stand trial, due back in the County Court in June. These are terrifying rapes.

Minogue and his co-accused, Peter Komiazyk, formerly Peter Reed, are accused of the abduction and rape of two women, one of them in South Yarra in 1985 and the other in Nunawading in 1986.

Police allege the women – who were aged 18 and 19 at the time – were blindfolded and driven to nearby properties where they were assaulted, repeatedly raped and then dumped hours later.

Meanwhile, Fatty will argue police corruption and corrupted DNA.

Minogue accuses police of corruption, wants case thrown out
Minogue will fight to have the case thrown out before his trial, arguing the case against him is an abuse of process.

In written submissions to the Magistrates' Court, his lawyers said they want the Supreme Court to hear the case due to its complexity and they will apply for the indictment to be struck out.

Previously, the court heard the swabs taken were 22 million times more likely to be that of Minogue's rather than anyone else, and 100 billion times more likely to be that of Mr Komiazyk.

His legal team plans to challenge the reliability of the DNA tests, arguing the swabs were taken in "the pre-DNA era" and stored in "such antiquated, and now seen to be unscientific facilities".

:oops:

The convicted bomber is also accusing police of "improper, corrupt and unfair conduct" for laying charges decades later.

Minogue's legal team submitted that between 1986 and 2012, police and prosecutors deliberately concealed the rape allegations because of the Russell Street bombing investigation.

His lawyers also argued that the ABC TV series Phoenix, which aired in the 1990s, was loosely based on the Russell Street bombing and depicted rape allegations similar to the current case.

"It can be reasonably inferred that the researchers and writers of Phoenix had access to the statements given by the complainants in this matter and they used that material for the narrative and dialogue in Phoenix," they submitted.

The matter will be heard in the County Court in June.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back