Competition Fauxback Heritage Carlton Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)

I was asked to do these contests with the Brisbane Lions "Heritage" Jumper that they had never worn before. The jumper that the Lions wore against the Bulldogs in Round 13 was made up of parts of several former Fitzroy jumpers.

There will be a "Fauxback" Competition for each of the AFL Teams except Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney. Entries for each competition will be excepted for a week. After the week a poll will be held over one week.

Like Brisbane's "Heritage" Jumper the jumper design isn't allowed to be the same as one used by the club before, but has to include parts of them to create a "Heritage" jumper that the team has never worn before.

The next club will be the Carlton Football Club. Your task is to create a jumper using parts of jumpers that the Carlton Football Club has used since it first played, but it can't be an actual design used by them. 2013 is the 140th Birthday of the Carlton Football Club.

Look at Mero's website, www.footyjumpers.com.au, to see what designs the Blues have worn. Mero's website used as the deciding factor if a club has worn the jumper or not. However, most of Carlton's jumpers appear in the header for this contest.

Entries will be excepted from Saturday October 20th until Saturday October 27th. Then a poll will be held to decide the winner from Saturday October 27th to Saturday November 3rd. The winner will be the third name on the Fauxback Competition Honour Board.

Here's my entry. A mix of the infamous preseason concept and the Queens Birthday kit.
CarltonFauxback.png

I was going to suggest that's the wrong Mars logo, but for a jumper that gets history wrong, that logo fits right in :thumbsu:

I was going to suggest that's the wrong Mars logo, but for a jumper that gets history wrong, that logo fits right in :thumbsu:
By getting history wrong, are you talking about the fact that the jumper includes many parts of Carlton's and there sponsors history?

It use to be used in Australia.
That logo appears on Mars Bars that were made overseas and sold here. The Mars logo in Australia is the one on NM Design's jumper. These Mars Bars are imported by companies like the Reject Show and are sold as regular Mars Bars.

By getting history wrong, are you talking about the fact that the jumper includes many parts of Carlton's and there sponsors history?
I'm talking about the fact that this whole comp is based on Brisbane getting history wrong, so having the wrong logo for a sponsor fits right in.
It use to be used in Australia.
Incorrect. Official Australian Mars bars never used that thin logo.

It should also be noted that what we call a Mars bar, in the USA it's called a Milky Way bar. US Mars Bars contain almonds, and for a while were branded "Snickers Almond".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2cxj23n.png

Where to start... well, there are elements of 1864, 1909, 1914, 1997 and never :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back