Favorite Childhood book

Remove this Banner Ad

I did no read the whole Narnia series, but our teacher read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to us daily. It was the highlight of the school day.

I loved all Dr Seuss and still do - I read them to my two older kids and just starting again with my one year old !

I also loved Colin Thiele books when I came to Australia as an eight year old - Storm Boy and February Dragon.

I never discovered Roald Dahl until I had kids myself. Great books and my kids love them.

Enjoyed the Roald Dahl books
Elizabeth Honey books such as 45 and 47 stella street, fiddleback and dont pat the wombat were quality

Enid Blyton. What a star.
The Magic Faraway Tree, (the saucepan man was a particular favourite, as was the lady who threw her clothes washing water down the tree). The Famous Five with lashings of root beer.

Dame Washalot :)

Loved Faraway Tree & Wishing Chair series, any Roald Dahl, Paul Jennings, the Superfudge books, Victor Kelleher, Emily Rodda (particularly Finders Keepers and Timekeeper), Narnia series, RL Stine. There's probably heaps more used to love reading as a kid wish I had more time as an adult. A lot of these I can go back to and read as well and still have most of these books which I'm passing down to my kids as they get older. I have a whole box of Berenstein Bears books I have to get out of the shed for my 4 year old.

I use to read the old footy book series. Each team had one. It was usually about a family who watched their favorite team.I think they were made in the 80's. but they also made one for the newer teams, like eagles. Can anyone remember what the name of the series was, or the name of the author?

Lorraine Wilson I think was the author. There's modern versions as well but the old ones from the 80s were the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back