Other Favorite Jerseys and General Uniform Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What are Your Favorite and Least Favorite NFL Uniforms?

Couldn't agree more, hate the moving towards more modern colours. That's why my display picture is of Kieth Null in the throwback

Buffalo_Bills_v_fc2c.jpg
my favourite jersey and the one I want most

b7bf9333ac9ffe90bc97de7990783bc6-getty-98697098cc072_green_bay_pac.jpg
Jersey and number i want second most, much sharper then the current jersey

5260143494_261db09536.jpg
A lot of alternatives are better than the standard home jersey

Dallas+Cowboys+v+Pittsburgh+Steelers+-0HZ-MDk_pdl.jpg
Pittsburg probably have best standard jersey

31-67453-F.jpg

another fav jersey

My natural bias leads me toward the Baltimore uniforms. I've always liked the Raiders uniforms as well, Green Bay as well perhaps it appeals to the Australian in me :D

I'm not a big fan of Seattle's uniforms.

Love my Moon #1 Texans jersey. I think it is probably my all time favourite with the red and white trim on the sleeves combined with the awesome blue.

For simpleness it has to be the red and white 49'ers Montana jersey.

c9b73721de48a450b38369e037673aa2-getty-107608643em018_maaco_bowl_l.jpg

Gotta love it, because it's the one I've got, though, no WAC, Maaco Bowl advertisement, or Moore on the back
but besides that, it's just about identical (though, a few sizes larger)

i like all the black alternates like the jags, ravens, eagles

worst jersey would have to be the blue and yellow eagles throwback they wore a few seasons ago and thosethrowbacks with the disgusting striped socks

NFL Jersey/Uniform - Discussion

I have modified a post/thread I created in the Footy jumper and graphic design thread.
I hope ( with no offense to my friends over at that sub board) that I can get more of a response here because more here will know about NFL and can fill my brain with more info about uniforms etc.

I have currently got a love on for NFL jerseys.
Everything about the: styles, colors, deigns, fonts, cuts and match worn memorabilia side of them.

I have found a US site, specifically dedicated to match worn gear including boots, gloves, pants, jerseys and helmets. Prices are insane.
But the point I want to show is their YouTube videos.
Migod, if they were West Coast eagles gear, I'd go mentally insane.

Link to THIER site is http://josportsco.com

Link to YouTube is in the top rightish of THIER website.
The videos of them showing what they have and the convention expo is awesome.*

I highly recommend opening and having a view if your into memorabilia and sports gear. Even if your not a NFL follower.

I love learning about the helmets in some videos, about the identifying things in a helmet. Like the green lightning nfl sticker for the players with the head sets. And also loved learning about the padding on the inside and the gel padding under the foam padding.

Match worns, my goodness. They'll sell them ripped, cut up, with spew, or with blood ( as seen on a Bret Favre match worn Vikings jersey where he cut his finger and rubbed all over his jersey)

Just a whole heap of random thoughts and things to show.

I know it probably has come up here before but one of the best helmets is the Oregon state college Carbon fibre designed helmet.
372ad896.jpg

Here's the pics of both the blue Gel like foam inserts I spoke of and the green sticker on the back. In this case, it's Mannings helmet. By the way, this helmet is match worn, and is being sold at $7500
58fef024.jpg

7c5c0d29.jpg

Jerseys can be found on eBay (USA) player issue/ cut for as low as under $100 depending on player. Of course your not going to find a Brett Favre issue for this, but if you we a collector you'd find many a great bargain if you have the money. Even 200-300 could get you a worn one.
Guernseys would be great to collect.

Unfortunately I have no affiliate to any team so I might have the odd one or two come along to wear. And a helmet or two just for show. That is of course, if the funds allow for it. Would be great to display in a cabinet. Plus with the jerseys, could come under the line of "fad" AND whilst I'm in it for the joy of collecting, my resale value of randomly purchased jerseys, might not be good one day.

Also on the prices. I put it down to the population of America. 310 million people in America.
More people means bigger supporter bases obviously, means more demand issue, thus you can up the price. Whereas here in Australia you'd get no where near. % of the 22 million in Australia follow footy, even less percentage collect sports gear and memorabilia.

Example. The current biggest young thing in NFL is Tim Tebow. Try getting your hands on a rookie season match worn. You'd be forking out the best part of $8k for a shitty game. ( more research shows $1500-$2000 for Tebow player issue) Compare that to a Nic Nat on the other hand, one of the jumpers I own, a match worn from his first year 2009.
If I ever sold, id be lucky to get maybe at an extreme $1500 (im noy going to part with mine. however I know the bloke who owns the 1st game worn jumper of Nic Nat who will never part with it, but one can only assume alot of moolah for that particular jumper.)

Just some thoughts. I am really enjoying learning about NFL gear especially game worn gear.

I also know there is a merchandise thread. But I feel that's more at the "where to buy", " what I have/what I'd like to get" etc information that is required.*
also had to throw in some AFL reference. Hope you all didn't mind.

I hope I can hear from a few who may be able to add to this convo.*

Re: The NFL Jersey/Uniform Discussion Thread.

Just to get you looking more into the NFL, just a few useful threads for you.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772577 - topic on favourite uniforms
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535502 - old thread covering a few things to do with helmets and uniforms
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681703 - some information about uniforms

The top link is probably what you are looking for in terms of information as reference points

Thanks. I'll check em out.

Just thought one thread for discussions sake instead of 15 threads for 15 things.

Cos as I said I'm finding it all interesting at the moment and would love to learn more.

I did have a look Larkis, but feel they are a little outdated and old. One thread you gave was last posted in in feb 2009. I do appreciate the help anyway.

I also did want to focus on the helmet I posted too, and share with those who were interested plus I also wanted to show off the match worn site. Josports.com as like I have said in the Footy jumpers board, can you imagine if it was AFL gear, a few of us over the would have A heart attack or ten:D

Oregon Ducks have the best uniforms in college/pro football IMO.
To be fair, Oregon switch and choose uniforms more often than Tiger Woods does chicks, so of course every now and then they hit something good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nike use Oregon as their 'guinea pigs' so to speak. Any new technology or uniform designs are tested on the Ducks first. They never wear the same uni twice.

How do the Duck supporters keep up with the lastest jerseys:confused:

Parents complain about having to buy a new jersey/jumper each season for their kids cause the team changes it - with the Ducks it's every week:eek:

Receivers Jersey Numbers

I just can't get used to seeing WRs wearing the numbers 10 through 19. I know why these numbers have now been designated to WRs, but after spending so many years seeing these guys in the 80s I still expect to see those guys running routes.

In the recent 49ers-Ravens game you had QB Smith (11), WRs Crabtree (15), Ginn (19) and another 1x jersey (17 - Edwards?) on the field at one time - it took some getting used to.

I know some numbers are shared between offense and defense (20 to 49 for DBs and RBs) but when they are shared on one side of the ball it seems strange.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Re: Receivers Jersey Numbers

It's Keyshawn Johnson's fault. NFL shouldn't have allowed it back in 1996.

Seriously, how many teams have more than 10 WR/TE on their roster? I know some teams have numbers in the 80's that are retired but there should still be some numbers left over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back