Toast Favorite players

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc Lock - First Club Captain and was and still is an inspiration to kids and adults alike who support the suns.

Ok I'll play,
Past- Gary ablett, as sad as it was the way it finished there was some amazing times watching him play some of the all time great games for our club. Still think he's the greatest player of all time.
Present- touk miller, where he has come from to what he has become is unbelievable. His 2022 was up there with ablett and here's hoping he can get back there next year. The loyalty to the club gets the extra tick.
Future- its a toss of the coin between Humphrey and Walter. I'll go with Humphrey just because we have seen a glimpse already, could be our dusty/ petracca type who can be the difference maker in the big moments.

For me I’d have to say current would be: Charlie “Chucky” Ballard. I think he is severely underrated. For the past couple of years he’s lead intercept marks late into the season. Love watching him fly around the back line taking marks. I remember watching his debut game live in Round 7 2018 at Mars Stadium in Ballarat against the dogs and knew then he was going to be something special. Love that he was a steal too at pick 47!

Situation dependent for me.

Watching Gaz in slippery conditions. Best I have seen live. If Umps were allowed to give 5 votes for BOG and 1 for the next best, in slippery conditions he would have got a few of them. A sneaky reason he probably was better at the Suns than the Cats, a lot more slippery games on the GC than at the cattery.

Touk two seasons ago. So consistently good, and he was rightly named as a starting 18 player in the AA team. That is hard to do.

Matt Rowell last season. The contest work and tackling, and kicked a couple of goals late.

Next year? Actually, a lot of candidates. A lot.

Wil Powell for me, no matter his size he has always put his body on the line every contest he can, and has developed into a great player. Also a great kid.

Ablett was the best player. It was fantastic to watch him but definitely not my favourite player. That would have to go to players giving great team effort most of the time - Powell, Holman, Miller.

I do look forward to watching next year players like Lukosius, Humphrey, Andrew, Anderson, Rowell - all presenting some unbelievable moments. Actually, the list would be longer.

GOAT - Gaz

First love - Dave Swallow

Current love - Noah Anderson

NIL - Sam Flanders

Future - Jed Walter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

past player has to be harley bennell.
present player you can't go past touk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back