Favour - Intel on draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hello all, I am not sure who would be helpful for this query but I will put it out there. I work with a guy whose kid is trying to get drafted in AFL draft 2019. I was wondering if anyone here is a scout or have contacts who can gauge if there may be a potential interest in drafting him (Victorian/Interstate clubs). I can provide more details, but like to keep it via private messages just to be respectful to him and his family. Looking forward to hear from the big footy Collingwood community! Cheers Abs

Hello all, I am not sure who would be helpful for this query but I will put it out there. I work with a guy whose kid is trying to get drafted in AFL draft 2019. I was wondering if anyone here is a scout or have contacts who can gauge if there may be a potential interest in drafting him (Victorian/Interstate clubs). I can provide more details, but like to keep it via private messages just to be respectful to him and his family. Looking forward to hear from the big footy Collingwood community! Cheers Abs

I don't think any scouts are going to give away information about who they're interested in, I don't think their clubs would be very happy. Plus at this stage, with the entire 2019 season still to play, it's far too early to say unless he's one of the best prospects in the country.

Which TAC club will he be playing for?

Guess that be More Asking TAC Cup Teams and IF he goes to a Private School ask there Coach.

Ok definitely gone to private school and has recently gone to draft camp recently in QLD, one of the quote was Boomer Harvey was impressed! Let me dig more details and post here.

I don't think any scouts are going to give away information about who they're interested in, I don't think their clubs would be very happy. Plus at this stage, with the entire 2019 season still to play, it's far too early to say unless he's one of the best prospects in the country.

Thanks Kappa appreciate your insight, I will dig some more details and see if knightmare may know!

Ok definitely gone to private school and has recently gone to draft camp recently in QLD, one of the quote was Boomer Harvey was impressed! Let me dig more details and post here.

IF he is in QLD would he be part of Suns or Lions Academey?

IF he is in QLD would he be part of Suns or Lions Academey?

Dave apologies for confusion, he is victoria and went for some afl camp (not exactly sure what was name of the camp and how many kids were attending it), I am sending email to find more details re school he attended, tac club etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's Academy listed, so job done, no more need to discuss whether or not he's considered a chance. He is, as are all the other participants. It's all up to how he handles the next 12-18 months and what he makes of himself.

Unfortunately this is really a question for his manager not anonymous people on a football discussion forum. If he doesn’t have a manager or they’re not at least sniffing around interest is limited at this time.

Aside from that everyone in your workmates son’s camp should be focusing on what they can control not what they can’t, IMO.

Start with this same reference of tracking down scouts, but instead of asking about interest find out what he needs to work on to be draft relevant i.e. if there’s a knock on his pace hire a running coach, if there’s a query on his fitness speak with a nutritionist to work on his skinfolds, if it’s his contested work attend matches just to focus on how the best contested players go about it etc.

If he puts in the extra work I guarantee when the times right it’ll be the clubs knocking on his door announcing their interest 👍

If he’s in the AFL academy then there’s a high chance he’ll be drafted. Only the top prospects are recruited for that.

True but there still some that don't from the Academy

I'm just curious as to the name of this mysterious player.
The OP provides this clue in post #15: "Ok so he is there, listed under: Northern Knights/Banyule/Marcellin College", referring to a name on the list of AFL Academy squads 2018/19 (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-26/no1-contender-rowell-heads-2019-academy-intake).

There's only one player there from those three clubs/teams. Since he is in the Academy he's sure to be very well known to recruiters, and in with an excellent chance of being drafted.

The OP provides this clue in post #15: "Ok so he is there, listed under: Northern Knights/Banyule/Marcellin College", referring to a name on the list of AFL Academy squads 2018/19 (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-26/no1-contender-rowell-heads-2019-academy-intake).

There's only one player there from those three clubs/teams. Since he is in the Academy he's sure to be very well known to recruiters, and in with an excellent chance of being drafted.
So essentially the OP has nothing to worry about, the young lad will make it or not based on the the recruiters assessment of him. He’ll be in the view finder at least.
From there he has to go and earn it.

I should've used this maybe.....;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back