Opinion Favourite 5 Roos of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Drew's probably my favorite current North player. Has the ability to win a game off his own boot. Whats the deal with him this season injury wise?

1. Glenn Archer
2. Wayne Carey
3. Anthony Stevens
4. Brent Harvey
5. Jack Ziebell/Adam Simpson/Matthew Capuano.

Yes, Capuano. loved him as a kid for some reason. think it was because i met him and he was super tall and super nice.
Capuano was a bit of a dud...
my serious one would go
1. Archer
2. Mckernan
3.Carey
4.Abraham
5. Stevo

1. Blight, Superstar who had all the skills and more.
2. Keith Greig. Fantastic wingman who was tough and fair.
3.Jimmy and Phil. Always a package for me, fantastic to watch.
4. Schimma. Read Keith Greig.
5.Glendenning. Key position Brick wall who just did everything right.
Apologies to Archer, Dempsey and Carey. Carey was a great player but I loved to hate him as many North supporters would after toilet Duck affair. Sympathy vote goes to Stevo.
Respect vote goes to Jason Mcartney for that comeback.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 - Brett Allison - mainly because of his rendition of one of my favourite Hoodoo Gurus' songs, "Like wow, Wipeout" on "Live and kicking".
4 - Winston Abraham - mainly because of that mark at Manuka in 1998. But I loved Winnie when he played got the roos.
3 - Corey McKernan - a tough nut and a bloody good footballer - one of the most impressive ruckmen I ever saw.
2 - Glen Archer - embodied the Shinboner spirit. Couldn't help but love this guy.
1 - Wayne Carey - forget his off-field indescretions, this guy was the King for a good reason. Back when North Melbourne were the power club and the Friday night footy club, he was just a joy to watch.

Favourite Roos:
1. Keith Greig.
2. John Longmire.
3. Glen Archer.
4. Krakouer Brothers.
5. Andrew Swallow.

Most Frustrating Roo:
Malcolm Blight. Something always happened when he was near the ball, mostly good, but there was some real shockers as well. The only guy in history who could kick a torp 200m (slight exaggeration) after the siren to win and then in another game run into an open goal and dribble a behind.

1. Glenn Archer
2. Wayne Carey
3. Jess Sinclair
4. Daniel Wells
5. Mick Martyn

Dench
Carey
Blight
Larkin
Glendenning

Special mentions to Stan Alves, Snake Baker, Briedis, Cowton, Cassin, Schimma, Greigy, Gumbleton, Henshaw, Dempsey the list goes on.

I remember watching the first televised GF in '77 then the replay and then again '78 with North. I knew some of those players almost better than Geelong players. Such great names and gun players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back