Favourite Aussie Pub Rock song.

Remove this Banner Ad

This flies the flag.....

Rockwiz on the telly one night, not really interested. Heard the name Gareth Liddiard, didn't really know who he was. Looked up and he starts playing Shark Fin Blues...
Blew My Socks Off.
As raw as you can get. Great song, great performer.
Did the duet (Wild Horses) with the lovely Taasha Coates at the end. Thought she did a great job of absorbing Liddiards rawness and intensity, would not have been easy.
Don't know if you have seen this version, was available to view on the Rockwiz website. Well worth looking it up because he just rips it up!

Last edited:

Rokwiz on the telly one night, not really interested. Heard the name Gareth Liddiard, didn't really know who he was. Looked up and he starts playing Shark Fin Blues...
Blew My Socks Off.
As raw as you can get. Great song, great performer.
Did the duet (Wild Horses) with the lovely Taasha Coates at the end. Thought she did a great job of absorbing Liddiards rawness and intensity, would not have been easy.
Don't know if you have seen this version, was available to view on the Rokwiz website. Well worth looking it up because he just rips it up!

Love Rockwiz. The Liddiard/Coates duet was one of my faves.

Got a disc full of Rockwiz performances. Another ripper was Karina Utomo. The ending is great when cranked up:

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/11721283575/rockwiz-karina-utomo

Love Rockwiz. The Liddiard/Coates duet was one of my faves.

Got a disc full of Rockwiz performances. Another ripper was Karina Utomo. The ending is great when cranked up:

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/11721283575/rockwiz-karina-utomo

The show throws up many combinations, most work, some don't, really like the mix though. Makes the good ones special.
A lot are paint by numbers but there are some hidden gems in there.
Liked the version of Highway To Hell that Sarah McLeod and Angry Anderson did.
Angry has become a bit of a carricuture of late but he lays down a vocal that takes you back to why so many rock & roll bands name Rose Tattoo as an influence.
Takes some shutzpah to take on, in what my opinion, is the greatest rock vocal of all time and do it justice.

The show throws up many combinations, most work, some don't, really like the mix though. Makes the good ones special.
A lot are paint by numbers but there are some hidden gems in there.
Liked the version of Highway To Hell that Sarah McLeod and Angry Anderson did.
Angry has become a bit of a carricuture of late but he lays down a vocal that takes you back to why so many rock & roll bands name Rose Tattoo as an influence.
Takes some shutzpah to take on, in what my opinion, is the greatest rock vocal of all time and do it justice.

Agree, agree, agree and agree.

On a tangent from your last thought........So much magic came out of that Alberts Studio in a short time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back