Favourite Beatles Song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Having not listened to a Beatles Album in nearly 30 years, I felt I needed to rediscover the Beatles after the sister in law made the claim the Beatles were over rated (she knows nothing about music).

Listen to most of the later albums and came away with the view that most of the songs were pure genius but there was quite a bit that were pretty average ( generally the story songs like Maxwells Silver Hammer, Ob la Di).

Dear Prudence is a very under rated song

Having not listened to a Beatles Album in nearly 30 years, I felt I needed to rediscover the Beatles after the sister in law made the claim the Beatles were over rated (she knows nothing about music).

Listen to most of the later albums and came away with the view that most of the songs were pure genius but there was quite a bit that were pretty average ( generally the story songs like Maxwells Silver Hammer, Ob la Di).

Dear Prudence is a very under rated song

Doug Parkinson version of this is superb and I saw him recently and can still belt them out with the best of them.

For me it was Led Zep but I reckon the Beatles did start it all.
It goes like this

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

All the rest

Jimmy Page himself admits they were miles above anything else.
Four singers. Four writers. 30 number ones. Over 200 songs all different. Musical progression unmatched.
I could go on. Makes no difference wether one likes them or not. Facts are facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back