Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone here like the Hawthorn brewing range?
I found them a good way to transition from your standard VB, Draught into craft beers and different styles such as IPAs etc. They were my favourite until I developed the tastes a bit and now I find them just okay.

If you're just starting out on craft beers I highly recommend them.

I found them a good way to transition from your standard VB, Draught into craft beers and different styles such as IPAs etc. They were my favourite until I developed the tastes a bit and now I find them just okay.

If you're just starting out on craft beers I highly recommend them.

I just found out a mate from 25 years ago owns and brews there ( i think)

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Merry xmas and hoppy ( :$ ) new year to you all!!

Van-Dieman-Edward-171214-124525.png

Got hold of a few of these. An Estate Ale from Van Diemans Brewing where all the ingredients are sourced from the farm they brew on. Probably the freshest beer out of a bottle I have ever tasted.

KAIJU-krush.png

This is a perfect beer for hot summer days. Have it on tap at Audacious Monk (Preston) for those of you in Melbourne it s a really cool wine/beer bar. similar to a Carwyn Cellars, minus about 20 taps.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've steered away from any James Squire for several years now.
They've marketed a very average product very well and how anyone likes 50 Lashes is beyond me.

https://www.beercartel.com.au/blog/best-beers-in-australia-the-ultimate-top-50-beer-list-2017/

Last years Australian top 50.
They do like Feral, don't they?
There's a few ordinary beers on that list. Stone and wood top 10! I mean it's better than your standard VB and Carlton, but it's the bottom of the craft beer barrel.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's a few ordinary beers on that list. Stone and wood top 10! I mean it's better than your standard VB and Carlton, but it's the bottom of the craft beer barrel.
Would probably rather a Carlton Draught. Almost. From a tap maybe. Stone & Wood is awful – about $22 for a six pack but it's a bonafide mid strength with the taste to back up its low alcohol content. It just lacks that weight and bitterness you actually drink a beer for. I don't really get the hype. If you want some fruit juice beer then there are ones with a lot more going on that don't feel as franchised and taste way better.

Stone & Wood is downright awful and every bit as poor as that other famous craft (?) beer, in Fat Yak.
I don't even get close to anything Mountain Goat nor Little Creatures any more. If I want a simple, dumb beer it's Coopers pale ale for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout (11.5%) and an ice-cream sandwich made with the same beer, to go alongside it

Better than any dessert I've ever had with the added bonus of getting a bit of a buzz on.

View attachment 455147

*, very jealous - did you go to Carey’s Cellars?

Better than KBS?

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ballast Point Pale Ale... $14.90 for a six pack at Dans? 1.5 each? When I worked in a similar bottle shop we sold the stubbies for near on 30 bucks. What's this about?

Carwyn, yeah.

I haven't tried KBS but I reckon it'd obviously be similar, without the maple notes.

Incredibly easy to drink for something so boozy, even in weather like last weekend. Could knock back a pint easily I reckon

Carwyn - bloody autocorrect.

Hopefully I can nab a bottle somewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back