Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me sad people still drink Euro Pisswater when the Australian scene right now is amazing

I couldn't have said this only a few years ago.
Boy have we picked up our game, but so expensive for the better brews.

Hop Nation are rationing their Jedi Juice to stockists.
They best capitalize whilst the run is on. You never know when you can miss you opportunity.

I couldn't have said this only a few years ago.
Boy have we picked up our game, but so expensive for the better brews.

Hop Nation are rationing their Jedi Juice to stockists.
They best capitalize whilst the run is on. You never know when you can miss you opportunity.
Good luck getting it, Amazing beer, However the demand is crazy

Currently, last week highlights top 5

1-Peach Invasion by Rocky Ridge/Daintons
2-Daintons Passionfruit Pale ale
(holy hell the hype behind the blood orange new england pale ale)
3-Brewdog Elvis Juice
4-Colonial South West Sour (anyone wanting an introduction on sour beers, This is the s**t)
5-Balter XPA

Daintons is a ripper out of Victoria, All Australian beers this week which have been great, Like im not a huge fan of the XPA styles, I understand why the Balter won the hottest beer however

Im new to the Daintons hype train, the XSA (Midstrength) is amazing.

Single Fin from Gage Roads has been a bit of a summer standard this year.

There's a brewer that I think have really improved.

Talent has always been there, the Atomic pale is one of the staple Aussie american pale ales, Single fin has always had potential, always been there and im glad people are moving to that then lion nathan/CUB pisswater

Dont hugely rate the Little dove however

Daintons is a ripper out of Victoria, All Australian beers this week which have been great, Like im not a huge fan of the XPA styles, I understand why the Balter won the hottest beer however

Talent has always been there, the Atomic pale is one of the staple Aussie american pale ales, Single fin has always had potential, always been there and im glad people are moving to that then lion nathan/CUB pisswater

Dont hugely rate the Little dove however
Yet to try the Dove, but agreed on the Atomic and also the Daintons peach. Blew my mind the first time I tried it.

Makes me sad people still drink Euro Pisswater when the Australian scene right now is amazing
Do you want to pay $70 for a carton when they’re $45? It’s also summer and sometimes you just get sick of trying to drink super strong and heavy tasting beers.

It’s always interesting how people love some European beer and hate others. They’re all similar s**t to me. Peroni red is awesome because it’s cheap and basically tastes like Coopers, then there’s Heineken and Stella and Becks which are all fine to really good in certain situations. The stuff like Budvar, Pilsener Urquell, Kronenburg can be sick.

The worst ones are the American adjunct lagers but they remind me of holidays so happy to have them. Millers is woeful though.

Asahi is my no go to beer. It just tastes like sugar and metal. Maybe the packaging just gives off that impression? I don’t know. Awful s**t.

Ballast Point Pale Ale... $14.90 for a six pack at Dans? 1.5 each? When I worked in a similar bottle shop we sold the stubbies for near on 30 bucks. What's this about?
the groudon(Sp?) pale ale is horrific for me, wayyy too herby

Must be short coded stock, Possibly got a 2 pallets + 1 deal

Asahi feels like watered down mercury to me. The metallic feel and the lack of any taste is awful and somewhat scary.

I recall drinking at the Heineken brewery years ago and the body and mouth-feel were acceptable, but what we get here.........not the same.
I thought I was the only one who noticed that with Asahi. When I first got into drinking beers I was told it was a good beer. It tasted almost metallic to me. I can still get them down but they're miles off being a beer I'd choose to drink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thoughts on the few new ones i picked up earlier this week.
mornington brain squeeze hoppy sour - my first sour style beer. didn't really know what to expect... first taste i was like wtf is this?!? but it was actually really good. weird af but good. want to try more sours now.
magic rock high wire grapefruit pale ale - sort of strange. pretty much like drinking a grapefruit, didn't expect the fruit flavour to be so strong.
kaiju krush pale ale - very drinkable if a little sweet. not a bad summer beer.
kaiju black ipa - havent made my mind up here yet. it's ok, maybe not to my tastes. will need to have a couple more & see if it grows on me.
haven't got around to the mother puncher's yet

Prefer the Kaiju. Has a bit more bite.
Hanging out for a Hop Nation IIPA

I know what you're saying but I can follow through with a few Jedi's but wouldn't do so with the DIPA
Whichever way, it's a good thing that we're finally brewing some 'real' craft beers....not Little Creatures or Mountain Goat or that awful fat yak.

I know what you're saying but I can follow through with a few Jedi's but wouldn't do so with the DIPA
Whichever way, it's a good thing that we're finally brewing some 'real' craft beers....not Little Creatures or Mountain Goat or that awful fat yak.
Most of my favourites from this part of the world are New Zealand. Garage Project and Liberty Brewing are great.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that with Asahi. When I first got into drinking beers I was told it was a good beer. It tasted almost metallic to me. I can still get them down but they're miles off being a beer I'd choose to drink.
Yeah agreed, they’re really metallic and sugary tasting. Remember a girlfriend’s friend coming over once and being angry it’s all I had - ‘it tastes like your piss after drinking Draught.’ Classy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back