Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Have always been stock standard Dry, Draught or VB. Usually wouldn't touch anything else. But have dabbled in low carb or mid strength recently. Pure blonde not greater Hahn Superdry low carb or ultra low carb no good at all. Now I'm just not worrying about low carb but am still going to be mid strength going forward. Mainly due to affects drinking is having on me in a social setting which never really used to be the case. Anyway Great Northern Supercrisp is what I'm on now when I do decide to social with beer. Can't complain. Interested what others thoughts are on great Northerns supercrisp?
Yeah it’s my stock standard now. Must be OK seeing as it’s the biggest seller in the country

Have always been stock standard Dry, Draught or VB. Usually wouldn't touch anything else. But have dabbled in low carb or mid strength recently. Pure blonde not greater Hahn Superdry low carb or ultra low carb no good at all. Now I'm just not worrying about low carb but am still going to be mid strength going forward. Mainly due to affects drinking is having on me in a social setting which never really used to be the case. Anyway Great Northern Supercrisp is what I'm on now when I do decide to social with beer. Can't complain. Interested what others thoughts are on great Northerns supercrisp?
I quite enjoy it. One of the best amongst the mass market beers, along with almost everything from Coopers.

Amongst craft beers I rate Larry from Your Mates Brewing.

If its hot and thirsty, well any time I guess I like Tooheys Extra Dry, it barely touched the sides. Got a nice taste to it.

Especially if you've been doing some physical work. Clean at the end.
Sometimes I do like a beer with a little more after taste, I used to drink that Amber Ale, maybe the Lashes group of beers. I think James Squire stuff?

The Amber has a small sweet finish to it, its rich full flavoured..

Great Northern is fine as well. You get it in 3.5 strength too I think.

Best mainstream beers:

Middy: Little Creature Rogers
Full strength: Coopers Sparkling Ale
Dark: Southwark Old Stout
International: Weinestaphen Dunkel

Craft beers, I couldn't honestly tell you, i've drank that many. Little Bang's sludgebeast is up there with the best crafty i've ever had though.

Best mainstream beers:

Middy: Little Creature Rogers
Full strength: Coopers Sparkling Ale
Dark: Southwark Old Stout
International: Weinestaphen Dunkel

Craft beers, I couldn't honestly tell you, i've drank that many. Little Bang's sludgebeast is up there with the best crafty i've ever had though.
Picked up a bottle of this the other day and you've inspired me to give it a crack tonight. I don't think I've had it before but I like their others, particularly the Weissbier.

A few smaller breweries going out of business now. I think it was inevitable considering just how many of these breweries have popped up and price point to the consumer. Especially with cost of living pressures.
Anyway drinking Matilda Bay Hazy Lager which is a decent drop. Really don't like Gt Northern has a nasty aftertaste , not as bad as Iron Jack mind you. Mountain Goat Billy the Mid probably my favourite mid strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back