Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried the Cavalier Irish Spiced Red IPA.

Bottle looks terrific......the brew?......these guys have no idea.
One of several breweries that pushes style over substance. Avoid this brand at all cost.
Cavalier Courage Blonde Ale is one of the best on the market imo. Is it just a seasonal brew? Doesn't seem like something that would sell a lot.

Unsure if it's been mentioned but the Red Hill Scotch ale is an absolute cracker in my opinion. Have tried to make clone of it with varying degrees of success

Cavalier Courage Blonde Ale is one of the best on the market imo. Is it just a seasonal brew? Doesn't seem like something that would sell a lot.

I retract what I said about the brewery on the strength of one product........but boy, that was a poor product.
Will try what you've put forward...........cheers.

The KBS is sill looking lonely. Just can't bring myself to consuming it yet..

Only the best. Love my Belgians. Excuse me drinking beer from a wine glass but i broke my wide mouthed heavy beer glass not long ago. Thats the closest i have until i get a couple more. Chimay Blue mmmmmm
20160620_210855.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What method of brewing do you use? I always find darker beers easier to brew than your golden/pale ales.
Just a kit brew. I'm at work so off the top of my head it was a Coopers Porter, 1.5 kilos of amber liquid malt, 1 kilo of light powdered malt and 300 grams of steeped chocolate malt. Fermented with Nottingham yeast. I thought it was going to turn out to sweet but the chocolate malt balanced it nicely. Simple but delicious for winter.

Last edited:
Reading about blokes drinking Founders KBS and all I have is a Budweiser.

Just finished off my lonely, single bottle of KBS.
I enjoyed it and am craving for more although I can imagine a brew being better then this.
It's not that it doesn't work because it was fabulous but just got me thinking how it could have been even better.

Founders Curmudgeon

This one just didn't work for me on any level.
First bottle will be my last, but glad I tried it.

GreenBeacon_Windjammer_grande.png

Really loving this at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back